Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Burka

why am i a tool ?

police have been able to stop and photograph lads at the match for years and make them remove their caps for the purpose. section 60 ?

There's the solution; wear a burkha for the match

I find it strange how the burkha was hardly seen before 9/11, i can only think they do it to cause provocation - there's no religious insistence on wearing them. :pardon:

Really, I can't believe there are anymore around now than there were back then

Really, I can't believe there are anymore around now than there were back then

It does seem to be far more prevalent around and about Bolton these days. It might be because more lades can't be arsed making an effort of a morning, which in itself deserves a fair few lashes or a few stones being thrown at them.

It does seem to be far more prevalent around and about Bolton these days. It might be because more lades can't be arsed making an effort of a morning, which in itself deserves a fair few lashes or a few stones being thrown at them.

Could we bring in new laws to enforce the wearing thereof?

• Site Supporter

It's the same as it always was, people just notice more because of all the press about it

• Members

Wonder where the feminists stand on this? Usually fairly left wing but they must be anti bearing in mind the reason it is worn?

If for no other reason than security purposes, the French are right.

Wonder where the feminists stand on this? Usually fairly left wing but they must be anti bearing in mind the reason it is worn?

If for no other reason than security purposes, the French are right.

French

Right

In the same sentence

A first?

I'm much more uncomfortable with the Government telling people what they can and can't wear than I am with women covering their faces.

I can see the logic in demanding their removal in situations where you need to positively identify somebody (banks and airports being the obvious examples) - but in general day to day life It's not something I feel irate about.

This idea that the majority of Muslim women choose to wear them to "wind up white people" doesn't ring true to me. They wear them for the same reason that Scallies tuck their tracksuit pants into their socks, or Emo's dye their hair black, or football hooligans wear Stone Island - ie because it's the socially acceptable way to dress amongst that particular subculture.

This idea that the majority of Muslim women choose to wear them to "wind up white people" doesn't ring true to me.

That's the bit I don't get at all, do people really think they are only worn to wind non muslims up? - if so, why don't the blokes wear them as well, that way there would be double the amount on the streets, thus causing us to be even more "wound up"

That's the bit I don't get at all, do people really think they are only worn to wind non muslims up? - if so, why don't the blokes wear them as well, that way there would be double the amount on the streets, thus causing us to be even more "wound up"

I don't think it's a wind up and it's like anything, you think about it more - you notice it more - happens if you buy a new car etc

However, despite that I do reckon there's been an increase - probably as a way of identifying with their "kind" and sticking together.

I do find them odd and backward looking, but then it doesn't bother me in the slightest...I've probably worn dafter looking clobber

They should be excluded from schools, public venues, government and public service locations, airports etc and on public transport. If they want to wear one walking down their street or in a venue were being fully masked is 'socially acceptable' then so be it. It sort of puts two fingers up at CCTV/surveillance society though, which I can sort of empathise with, although doubtably the angle they're looking for.

I'd be interested as to why they wear it. No one seems to be able to give a reason when asked why they do.

Tradition, apparently, pre-dating islam, from Saudi Arabia.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.