Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Leeds V Cardiff...

gonzo

im always a little happier when leeds lose.

il never forget their fans outside the reebok when we got beat 3-2 in the last minute relgeation season 98.

got our own backs mind!...

as for the dis-used coal mine dwellers full of inferior complexes,couldnt give two wanks as given the choice,secretly they all wish they were english.

Guest bwfcdan

Cardiff tearing them apart, reminds me of our trips to there place in recent years.. What a load of shite, would piss meself if they went straight back down...

• Site Supporter

Leeds in 78 - thousands of the cunts down Manny Road on me timid way to the ground :angry:

Was that a Cup game? I went on the Embankment and was heading towards my usual place when my mate saw a bottle and pushed me out of its way . . . and copped it himself!

My hero! :yahoo:

Was that a Cup game? I went on the Embankment and was heading towards my usual place when my mate saw a bottle and pushed me out of its way . . . and copped it himself!

My hero! :yahoo:

no, I remember the league game - legging it from the bus station to meet school friends, and going over the footbridge encountering a much older White who'd had a kicking and had staggered back up and was fucked up, but managed to say "don't go down there lad" - had a bit of an effect on me! Ended up arcing round and coming from the far end. Car park was awash with the Yorkshire scum :angry:

• Moderators

couple of searches chuck this up

Do the Ayatollah

Do the Ayatollah

Na na na na!

Na na na na!

Dates from the early 80's. Inspired by public mourning in Iran at the death of their leader, the Ayatollah Khomeini. Iranians slapped their heads as a sign of grief - Cardiff were going through a rough patch & adopted this as a symbol of their bad times.

is one explanation

they also had an eddie may

i thought it had something to do with that

Cardiff City

In July 1991 he was appointed manager of Cardiff City, and during his three years at Ninian Park masterminded the Division Three title and Welsh Cup double in 1993 and humbled Manchester City in the FA Cup the following year. May is still a legend among Cardiff fans and was affectionately nicknamed The Ayatollah. Such was May's impact at Cardiff, he was invited to manage one of the sides that officially opened the new Cardiff City Stadium on 4 July 2009 in a Legends match. Ironically the opposing manager was the man that May was assistant to at Charlton Athletic, Lennie Lawrence, who also managed Cardiff during his career.

Cardiff will get it right this season and be a prem team next season. Don't really watch much championship live games, just catch the highlights, that Blackpool v Cardiff playoff final was one of the best games I've seen.

Edited by DidledeeBwfc

Cardiff will get it right this season and be a prem team next season. Don't really watch much championship live games, just catch the highlights, that Blackpool v Cardiff playoff final was one of the best games I've seen.

Agree totally. An attacking four of Bellamy, Chopra, Bothroyd and Whittingham is very strong for that division. I expect them to win it.

• Site Supporter

aye but they've got shit full backs.

I think we, of all fans, must realise that, having witnessed the Megson way of playing, maybe allows for shite fullbacks. All your team need to do is score more goals at the other end than your fullbacks and keeper let in at the other. With that attacking front line it's very likely. It was never pretty but it kept us up for a good few seasons.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.