Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

January Transfer Rumours

• Site Supporter

I'd let Elmander go in Jan for some dosh if we can get someone in.

Just think this contract talk has taken his eye off the ball.

Hasn't scored for a few games and don't think the lad is putting a decent shift in.

agreed.

Elmander has still worked his socks off and tried hard imo its just not coming off for him. He won loads of headers and chased the ball even more than K Davies on Saturday.

Bentdner is a decent player imo and if we got him to replace Elmander i would be very happy. Only reason Arsenal dont like him is because he isnt a tappy tappy little bitch. Anybody saying he isnt good enough for us is being a bit snobby imo :D

Edited by tylswhite

• Site Supporter

We're a fickle lot, aren't we? :D He could bag a brace against West Brom and I'm sure the pendulum would swing the other way...

dont disagree. thats my perogative as a football fan.

but believe it or not, i am allowed to change my mind, when i want and if i want. so there :tongue:

• Site Supporter

Elmander has still worked his socks off and tried hard imo its just not coming off for him. He won loads of headers and chased the ball even more than K Davies on Saturday.

Bentdner is a decent player imo and if we got him to replace Elmander i would be very happy. Only reason Arsenal dont like him is because he isnt a tappy tappy little bitch. Anybody saying he isnt good enough for us is being a bit snobby imo :D

dont agree with that at all.

when he was moved to the wing, he barely broke sweat.

ive supported him in the past but thats unacceptable in my book.

Edited by HomerJay

• Moderators

elmander aint interested ina move to stoke

he'll not go near pulis...nor, i guess, would megson (the jumped up cap wearing twats mate) give him a glowing report

so, non starter

you can have taylor for etherington

elmander aint interested ina move to stoke

he'll not go near pulis...nor, i guess, would megson (the jumped up cap wearing twats mate) give him a glowing report

so, non starter

you can have taylor for etherington

Chears, Ethers not a chance for Taylor.. Think this one could be a back up for if we dont get Pennant tbh.

Now ill Swap ya Taylor for Danny Collins :D

Linked with slovenian striker zlanko dedic from bochum according to sky sports. If true I'm not exactly sure what coyle sees in him as it can't be his prolific goalscoring record as wikipedia proves. Maybe the fact were apparently locking horns with leicester tells its own story.

Linked with slovenian striker zlanko dedic from bochum according to sky sports. If true I'm not exactly sure what coyle sees in him as it can't be his prolific goalscoring record as wikipedia proves. Maybe the fact were apparently locking horns with leicester tells its own story.

90% of these rumours before the transfer window are agent's talk. Wouldn't be surprised if he has been scouted as most European internationals and lower league players that we can afford will have been.

Elmander couldnt score in a brothel before Coyle became our manager. We have to trust OC no matter who he signs. What happens if we try and sign Messi and Leicester come in for him? Fuck him off because he cant be any good? That logic is just stupid.

• Moderators

Elmander couldnt score in a brothel before Coyle became our manager. We have to trust OC no matter who he signs. What happens if we try and sign Messi and Leicester come in for him? Fuck him off because he cant be any good? That logic is just stupid.

plus Leicester with Ericcsson are probably aiming higher than normal

you can never win

if they're are from good teams it's a case of "if not good enough for them, not good enough for us" or if sh?t teams are also in "can't be that good" etc

that Ecuardorian sounds promising, but West Ham are in for him too and they are going down

that said, from the BBC gossip, you'd think West Ham are in for EVERYONE in the league

plus Leicester with Ericcsson are probably aiming higher than normal

you can never win

if they're are from good teams it's a case of "if not good enough for them, not good enough for us" or if sh?t teams are also in "can't be that good" etc

that Ecuardorian sounds promising, but West Ham are in for him too and they are going down

that said, from the BBC gossip, you'd think West Ham are in for EVERYONE in the league

Advanced talks with Sidwell apparently.

Big game for them at fulham on sunday, lose that i think its goodnight for them. Just cant see where they are going to get another 27 points as they cant win on the road at all. 8 homes from 10 can see them needing to win, and theyve some big teams to go to upton park. Get em down

The ecuadorian lad jaime ayovi has signed for toluca in mexico so he's out the running. The lad dedic is already 26 and for me his track record doesn't suggest he would flourish in the premier league. Tarian, Elmander's record before we joined us was reasonable it was megson that drained his confidence and coyle has helped him refind it. This lad doesn't have the goalscoring record to begin with. For me I would rather put some cash towards a centre half and or left back, think what were left with if robbo gets injured, does jls even attend training anymore and marcos alonso is far from ready for 1st team football from what I've seen.

The ecuadorian lad jaime ayovi has signed for toluca in mexico so he's out the running. The lad dedic is already 26 and for me his track record doesn't suggest he would flourish in the premier league. Tarian, Elmander's record before we joined us was reasonable it was megson that drained his confidence and coyle has helped him refind it. This lad doesn't have the goalscoring record to begin with. For me I would rather put some cash towards a centre half and or left back, think what were left with if robbo gets injured, does jls even attend training anymore and marcos alonso is far from ready for 1st team football from what I've seen.

Sam Ricketts & Matty Taylor can both play left back so weve got 4 for one position.

Elmanders goal record before we got him wasnt that great either.

Edited by tylswhite

Defenders are a priority for me, as we struggle to keep clean sheets (maybe this is one for the summer tho rather than january). Infact i go into games thoroughly expecting never to keep one - maybe this is a result of our more attack minded play however. Certainly dont envisage us getting a clean sheet away from home for a long long time. I'll settle on shipping goals at home if we outscore the opposition - More difficult to do that away though.

Im not complaining like, 7th and entertaining to watch, more than happy. Always said id be over moon with mid to high 40s in points, anything in the 50s would be a fantastic season. Can see us struggling on the road the next month or two so points at home the requirement. Cup run would be nice now.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.