Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

I Blame The Ticket Office

waffer cup 07

:nea: :nea: Online ticket sales indicated limited availability, other posters being told they couldn't buy two seats together, but undeterred i went to ticket office about 1'oclock before game to try and buy two tickets together,only to be told i could only have to separate seats.So the two people i was buying for decided not to bother. So why the hell was there so many empty seats all around the ground.

The club should be trying every way possible to get as many fans into the ground as possible, but once again they have failed.

The other side of the coin is this:

If the 2 fans had bought tickets, they could have sat in the swathes of empty seats.

The fact they didn't get tickets says they weren't really that arsed about going.

Maybe some season ticket holders (like me!) couldn't make it today, so those seats were empty.

Maybe the bar areas were full of people not actually sitting in their seats.

Well there won't be many in the Lion of Vienna if they carry on serving pub grub and charging top whack. Absolute shite today.

Fish and fucking chips or curry and rice. And I had to queueup for 20 minutes for it 'becuase we are busy'. No shit, you knew how many were turning up 3 days ago.

Looked like they were emptying the freezer.

Shite.

Better off paying 20 odd quid for the East Lower and going to Harvester.

If the 2 fans had bought tickets, they could have sat in the swathes of empty seats.

The fact they didn't get tickets says they weren't really that arsed about going.

Maybe some season ticket holders (like me!) couldn't make it today, so those seats were empty.

How do you buy tickets for seats when your told there not available.The two fans concerned arrived back in Manchester airport less than three hours before kick off and did want to see the game, but didn't want to sit separately.

There was about 2000 WBA fans in the whole of the South Stand.

How do you buy tickets for seats when your told there not available.The two fans concerned arrived back in Manchester airport less than three hours before kick off and did want to see the game, but didn't want to sit separately.

There was about 2000 WBA fans in the whole of the South Stand.

I'm not sure what it is you're asking me.

I was merely offering possible reasons as to why it was suggested there were only single seats available.

• Site Supporter

Well there won't be many in the Lion of Vienna if they carry on serving pub grub and charging top whack. Absolute shite today.

Fish and fucking chips or curry and rice. And I had to queueup for 20 minutes for it 'becuase we are busy'. No

shit, you knew how many were turning up 3 days ago.

Looked like they were emptying the freezer.

Shite.

Better off paying 20 odd quid for the East Lower and going to Harvester.

Agreed it was fookin shite grub and far to overcrowded

Worst it's been for a while though to be fair

Sort it out Bolton

• Site Supporter

Trouble is, you take them at their word so don't consider the possibility that 2 seats together will be available.

I had the same issue and ended up in the Gods of the north upper, which I don't like.

I'm not having it that the 100's of empty seats in the east lower had all been sold.

They're fucking idiots at times and I'm not usually one to moan/give a fuck about such things.

I think it's because it's so bastard cold up there.

OK, lets try this:

Not every seat in every stand can be sold for Premiership matches.The safety licence is for 27500 max for Prem Matches, there's are around 29000 seats in the stadium.

A number of seats are therefore blocked out before the tickets go on sale.

OK, lets try this:

Not every seat in every stand can be sold for Premiership matches.The safety licence is for 27500 max for Prem Matches, there's are around 29000 seats in the stadium.

A number of seats are therefore blocked out before the tickets go on sale.

But there was roughly 4000 seats not sold yesterday.

If you're talkin to me, my mate's had his ST there since day 1 & it was packed in the early days.

Unless the rules have changed since then?

Sorry, no, you interloped whilst I was replying to Waffer

Edited by Gonk

My daughter is a ball assistant and I kept her seat on this season so her seat was empty yesterday.Mate came and sat in her seat.

Seems a bit of a feeble excuse for 2 people not wanting to go to a football match.

2 tickets could have been bought and they could have sorted 2 seats together when they got in to the game.

At the end of the day there is a lot of musical chairs at the Reebok and like yesterday 2 seats would have been found together.

Theres loads of possible reasons for empty seats

People hungover from xmas day

Too cold so people bought tickets then fucked it off

People away on holiday

People staying away with family

People ill (Turkey poisoning? :D )

Just because seats are empty doesnt mean they were unsold.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.