Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Another Speeding Ticket

For fuck sake when am I going to get a bit of luck, Wednesday 8th June 13:40, coming from Leyth to Athy near Atherleigh, 39 miles an hour on a 30 road, pissing down with rain nobody else on the big open road, get a life you fucking sad camera wielding cnuts :angry:

You're a fucking menace to society. Keep death off our roads.

My 62 yr old uncle's just bought another bike: mental.

Top Trumps: My 80 year old stepfather's having work done to the house and in a mood due to the mess said last night, "fuck this I'm off to give the Triumph a spin".

Ace! :good:

No, he knows what he's doing, been riding for 50 yrs!

Aye but bikers come across either, a young 'un just passed their car test and doesn't look at junctions properly or an owd biddy who is senile and drives a car like a supermarket trolley, you really do need that '6th sense'

• Site Supporter

Aye but bikers come across either, a young 'un just passed their car test and doesn't look at junctions properly or an owd biddy who is senile and drives a car like a supermarket trolley, you really do need that '6th sense'

doesnt surface in all bikers though like the tit today who tried to undertake me while i turned left.

Just sold my gs500 :(

Was it near Kings Park? There was one parked up outside Howe Bridge Salvage last week, sneaky fecker on the wrong side of the road!

Usually they park up in the entrance to Pennington FC, as you can't see the buggers until it's too late.

I wafted past it at an indicated 30 on the cruise control, loads get caught out as that stretch is quite wide and quiet so they assume it's a 40.

I got done donkeys years ago on Plodder lane coming down to four lane ends, I'd thought it was a 40 there forever but its a 30! Daft really as it's all fields.

Except for the few houses.!?

doesnt surface in all bikers though like the tit today who tried to undertake me while i turned left.

Just sold my gs500 :(

I agree with you Swanny, but, I think the majority of bikers do respect car drivers, as

probably most drive a car as well, I do.

bikes are like a dog, lose one and you will get another

• Site Supporter

I agree with you Swanny, but, I think the majority of bikers do respect car drivers, as

probably most drive a car as well, I do.

bikes are like a dog, lose one and you will get another

tell em about it i had over 20 last year...

although that might be because I deal in them :)

Mrs Cure wants a new tatoo so I told her if she gets a new tat then I'm having another bike.

I was lusting after a GSXR 1000 a few years back or maybe a Ninja but she was freshly sprogged so I got the 'hard stare' treatment. Now I'm worth more to her dead than alive so I think she's wavering.

Problem is that being an old fat knacker with dodgy knees (after too many years aboard crotch rockets) I'd have to rest my more than ample girth (take that how you will) on the tank of an Old wing or summat.

But not an Hardly Dangerous. Used to lust after one until I rode one.

Unless it's a V Rod. They can just about go round corners without the need to get off and catch a bus round it.

I could get a V Rod on contract hire though.

• Site Supporter

Mrs Cure wants a new tatoo so I told her if she gets a new tat then I'm having another bike.

I was lusting after a GSXR 1000 a few years back or maybe a Ninja but she was freshly sprogged so I got the 'hard stare' treatment. Now I'm worth more to her dead than alive so I think she's wavering.

Problem is that being an old fat knacker with dodgy knees (after too many years aboard crotch rockets) I'd have to rest my more than ample girth (take that how you will) on the tank of an Old wing or summat.

But not an Hardly Dangerous. Used to lust after one until I rode one.

Unless it's a V Rod. They can just about go round corners without the need to get off and catch a bus round it.

I could get a V Rod on contract hire though.

get a Kwak versys.. amazing bikes not over powered and nice comfy bike to ride !

Cannot beat 'em mate, as long as you've got the reet protective gear on, common sense on the road, you develop a 6th sense when biking, some car drivers are fucking clueless

I'd never ride a motorbike, especially whilst Metro Taxis are operating in the Bolton area.

That being pulled up on a Monday morning lark is bad news for weekend keggers. Anybody what drinks and drives deserve a ban. But getting caught the following day is shite.

You're right. Police are obviously targeting hard working people who are up early, trying to earn a crust.

Fair enough, alcohol may technically, still be in the system but are they 'drunk'? We've all got in our cars the morning after a few beers and it certainly doesn't feel the same as having 3 pints and then driving immediately afterwards.

You're right. Police are obviously targeting hard working people who are up early, trying to earn a crust.

Fair enough, alcohol may technically, still be in the system but are they 'drunk'? We've all got in our cars the morning after a few beers and it certainly doesn't feel the same as having 3 pints and then driving immediately afterwards.

Try telling that to a relative of someone you've knocked down and killed.

If you get caught over the limit it should be a minimum 5 year ban.

Edited by freds dad

Was it near Kings Park? There was one parked up outside Howe Bridge Salvage last week, sneaky fecker on the wrong side of the road!

Usually they park up in the entrance to Pennington FC, as you can't see the buggers until it's too late.

I wafted past it at an indicated 30 on the cruise control, loads get caught out as that stretch is quite wide and quiet so they assume it's a 40.

I got done donkeys years ago on Plodder lane coming down to four lane ends, I'd thought it was a 40 there forever but its a 30! Daft really as it's all fields.

Except for the few houses.!?

Yes it was, Junction of Ringway Avenue, cnuts

Try telling that to a relative of someone you've knocked down and killed.

If you get caught over the limit it should be a minimum 5 year ban.

Whilst I sympathise with the "morning-after" people, I find myself agreeing with Fred's Dad.

• Site Supporter

aye, but the offence isn't being drunk and driving, its driving with a certain level of alcohol, if its still in your system, your still committing the offence, if its still in your system, your still affected by it whether you think you are or not.

Police used to park on Chaddock lane in Astley every saturday morning and pull every works vehicle going into the estate, so it is easy targeting, but at the same time, its still an offence, we had 3 caught and banned on Saturday mornings which was a shitter.

Am I correct in thinking you would get 1 year ban if you were just over or twice over?

As two of my mates both got banned, one was just over the limit the morning after an afternoon sunday sesh.

The other drove home pissed from town and was twice over, he was rat-arsed, but they only got the same length ban?

Now that doesnt seem fair, the guy who drove home pissed should have had the book thrown at him IMO.

This is my point, Danny. Anyone having a few pints and getting straight behind the wheel is bang out of order and cannot be defended.

However, there's no way that after a good night's sleep, you are drunk or even tipsy - you are merely hungover and you are are being done on a technicality of having alcohol still in your bloodstream.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.