Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Arsenal 2 Wanderers 1

desperado

well he took him of early tonight so i'm presuming he savin him for saturday (pratley i mean ) but who will make way for muamba cant see it being nrc

The BBC commentator was suprised that Pratley was taken off given his performance, Matt Taylor agreed and said that they were probably saving him for Swansea game.

They get to 0-0 at half time and think things are going well, then 1-0 in-front, "OMG how are we are doing this!! I'm so scared of this lead, so this is what winning feels like"

10 minutes later, "ah, I can think straight now, I know the feeling of losing very well now, my mind is at rest!"

What was the point in even scoring, if you're going to concede 2 goals in a few minutes, you'd have thought they would have learned by now that fans are getting pissed off, 2 goals in a few minutes is shit and just wastes all the good work before it, just like Jussi did in the League game when we were 0-0 in the 2nd half.

They'll be changes against Swansea, Tuncay and Kakuta may as-well leave now, they've only come for the Carling Cup.

No confidence is gained by just being used in cup games because you know you're only playing to give league starters a rest and Kakuta is here till the end of the year, 1 league appearance since he came and that as sub, when he did get a game, he scored against Villa, but then wasn't played again.

Steinsson, Muamba, Knight all dropped, asked to come in to the team because it's a cup match, Tuncay doesn't even come off the bench but plays tonight, Kakuta never starts but does in the cup, the players ain't going to be that high on confidence knowing they are being used as squad players in a competition known for teams playing weakened sides.

Gardner had a good game - he didn't look like he was wading through treacle chasing high balls. Tuncay looked keen. Mark Davies looked fat. Deffo penalty when Cahill (I think) brought down. Klasnic needs melting down for glue the lazy get.

I was sat in the arsenal end so maybe my view was different but I thought Gardner was poor tonight. Klasnic a waste of space and mavies disappointing.

If only we had pressed our advantage straight after scoring, their heads we're down and the game was there for the taking

Fed up. A squad like Arsenal can play squad players 39 to 56 and beat our squad team which I don't believe is much worse than our best XI. Football is screwed.

Muamba and Gardner were excellent tonight for me and I thought Mavies did well too. Surprised Wheater didn't get a start

If he had started they wouldn't have got that equaliser

• Site Supporter

I was sat in the arsenal end so maybe my view was different but I thought Gardner was poor tonight. Klasnic a waste of space and mavies disappointing.

If only we had pressed our advantage straight after scoring, their heads we're down and the game was there for the taking

every Bolton fan I know seems to be in the Arsenal end tonight.

i think our following was 2000 plus :whistle:

Bit gutted, we completely blew that with 5 minutes of madness and wasting a whole host of chances.

They were there for the taking with all those youngsters on the pitch.

Shocking from Knight for the equaliser.

Kakuta lively, Davies in and out of the game, Gardner and Muamba decent.

Arsenal fans the most embarrassing bunch of cunts as usual.

Thought that was one of our best performances for a while. Yes Arsenal played a lot of youngsters but they always do in the cup and they've never been beaten in the Carling cup at the Emirates.

In truth we were unlucky - we must have been OK if Wenger is giving praise. Thought Muamba played well as did Ricky. Whilst he disappeared a few times I thought Mark Davies was our best player. Always wanted the ball, kept finding space and seemed to want to make things happen. One of the only players in our squad who looks comfortable with the ball at his feet.

Ngog looked decent when he came on, but I'm afraid that anyone thinking Kakuta will be this year's Wilshere / Sturridge is going to be sadly disappointed.

And yes, as ever the Arsenal fans were complete idiots. Two minutes of gloating after each goal any not much else. Anyone would have thought they'd just one the Champions League, not scraped past one of the worst teams in the league.

Arrived last night expecting a hammering, but came away feeling a bit more optimistic.....

• Moderators

Fed up. A squad like Arsenal can play squad players 39 to 56 and beat our squad team which I don't believe is much worse than our best XI. Football is screwed.

Muamba and Gardner were excellent tonight for me and I thought Mavies did well too. Surprised Wheater didn't get a start

fook me

its only taken him 8 years :)

• Moderators

I be happy to see us line up as follows on Saturday:

Jussi

Boyata, Cahill, Wheater, Gardner

Muamba NRC M.Davies

Pratley

Ngog. Klasnic

you are owen coyle and i claim my prize

i reckon it might just be nice if we concern ourselves with their two wingers

Two championship wingers.

Muamba and NRC can cover the wingers when we don't have the ball. They'll certainly do a better job than eagles and Petrov defensively

good lord

if theyre championship, i'll take em over our two

They're Championship wingers until they've had a full season in the Prem. I'll glady hold my hands up and be proven wrong should they continue their form throughout this season, which I very much doubt.

Swansea, like Norwich, will fall away and be fighting for survival come the end of the season.

Was my first thought too when I saw that team

I predict SKD on the right on Saturday with N'gog up top

Chance he may play NRC, Muamba and Pratley and probably Petrov too

Not seen last night but sounded like Pratley is better beyond the midfield as he's not that effective as part o a pair in the middle.........I'm getting a type of Kevin Nolan??

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.