Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rave Scene Vs The Punk Scene

gonzo

Rave scene vs The Punk scene  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

both defining eras in music.

both changed music as we know it.

but which was better?

and which were you part of?

were you a raver,gathering at serivce stations listening to pirate radio waiting to hear where nearest rave was about to happen?

or were you a fully clad in doc martins and drain pipes?

all stories required by the way!

Edited by gonzo

Punk changed everything imo.Being a 16/17 year old when it first started, the music was like a breath of fresh air after years of absolute shite middle of the road pop or glam rock.I never actually dressed or acted as a punk myself - but i loved the music and the live gigs.

As teenagers we'd been force fed shite like Abba,The Osmunds,Mud,Sweet etc etc - then came the raw energy as stuff like this burst onto the scene -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBt3_TuhuEw

And this -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBKb0iZSTfo

Changed music forever imo.

• Site Supporter

Not sure about that. I like a bit of Jazz now & have no recollection of listening to that in my teens.

Yes, I'm old.

no see what you mean, but with the stuff i listen to its had infleunce from other genres so even though i generally listen to dance i like jazz, soul, funk, disco etc

horwich thats a tune!

no see what you mean, but with the stuff i listen to its had infleunce from other genres so even though i generally listen to dance i like jazz, soul, funk, disco etc

True. Earlier in the 80s I loved Jazz Funk, Funk & Soul so I suppose you're right. Bring back Bennys. :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.