Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

January Transfer Rumour Mill 2012

Happy Wanderer

• Site Supporter

missed this last night

Alan Nixon@reluctantnicko

@BwfcJake U could agree a deal before window. Remember too u have a Chelsea loan player for next season. And may have another one teed up

not sure who we could have from chelsea next year?

cahill? :D

anybody it seems

Alan Nixon@reluctantnicko

@AlexFriel Part of Cahill deal. Your pick. Within reason.

Edited by HomerJay

I'd never heard of Sordell before last night but having seen the obligatory YouTube clips (his goal for England U21s v Israel is pretty special), I've got a good feeling about this kid. The pundits on Sky last night also seemed to think that Coyle has played a blinder in signing him. Definitely one for the future but I can see him being used as an impact sub this season. Pace, power, young & hungry and looking at his record he scores a few goals too, he's exactly the sort of player we need.

The transfer policy at the club has shifted somewhat in recent years.

The current thinking is for younger players on lower wages with the potential to generate profit down the line.

Providing we stay up this season: I'm more than happy with that philosophy.

Ream & Wheater might end up being a better partnership than Cahill & Knight, plus the Cahill deal enabled us to get Sordell, who could well be worth double his current fee within 2 seasons.

Sordell - reckon 95% minimum of us knew very little about this lad up until about 8pm last night , after reading a few football journos angle on him , quite a few of them seem to be thinking that Coyle has pulled off the best bit of business to take place yesterday - lets just hope he has but i know for a fact we will still have our serial moaners on here when he hasnt scored 10 goals in his first 5 games .

i await the sordell songs - undies its over to you .

The transfer policy at the club has shifted somewhat in recent years.

The current thinking is for younger players on lower wages with the potential to generate profit down the line.

Providing we stay up this season: I'm more than happy with that philosophy.

Ream & Wheater might end up being a better partnership than Cahill & Knight, plus the Cahill deal enabled us to get Sordell, who could well be worth double his current fee within 2 seasons.

totally agree traf - looking at the list of ageing players who are out of contract at the end of the season , by my reckoning we now almost have young potential talent to replace most if not all of these players , jaaskeleinen , steinsson , knight , robinson , davies , klasnic , gardner must of missed some .

the futures bright (dependant on us scraping survival)

i now see the plan .

What a great bit of business from Coyle. They were the three areas that we needed strengthening with lots of pace and we have even saved a couple of million. Totally agree with the philosophy of bringing in young talent on low wages. Things look good for the future. If we can only stay up this season, with a couple more quality additions and get everyone fit the team looks good. Bogdan, Rilley, Wheater, Ream, Alonso, Chungy, Reo, Holden, Mavies, Sordell Ngog. We would probably only lose Holden and Chungy if we went down.

What a great bit of business from Coyle. They were the three areas that we needed strengthening with lots of pace and we have even saved a couple of million. Totally agree with the philosophy of bringing in young talent on low wages. Things look good for the future. If we can only stay up this season, with a couple more quality additions and get everyone fit the team looks good. Bogdan, Rilley, Wheater, Ream, Alonso, Chungy, Reo, Holden, Mavies, Sordell Ngog. We would probably only lose Holden and Chungy if we went down.

Average age of that team is 23. Even less if you put Fabrice in for Reo-Coker or Holden.

Matt - bored shitless at work.

• Site Supporter

Alonso was beyond gash in every game except his last 2, for which I have him credit for.

Don't recall writing ream off at all, and I've never seen him play so I won't be doing either.

Mears is shit

Edited by HomerJay

Thought that he played quite reasonably last season against Southampton in the Carling and Fulham in the FA Cup. Anyway it was at Fulham.

Aye, put in a huge challenge after about 15 minutes and really grew in confidence and had a really decent game. Also thought he did ok at Southampton, that was the game that I thought would be Gardner's last, so poor he was that night.

Anyway, seems Homer has decided based on last season he doesn't like Alonso and we know he'll never change his mind.

Aye, put in a huge challenge after about 15 minutes and really grew in confidence and had a really decent game. Also thought he did ok at Southampton, that was the game that I thought would be Gardner's last, so poor he was that night.

Anyway, seems Homer has decided based on last season he doesn't like Alonso and we know he'll never change his mind.

Stop it with those facts will you.

Don't forget Mark Davies has been brilliant for the last 18 months.

• Site Supporter

i think you need to search some of my recent posts on alonso.