Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cap On Benefits.

Uncle Albert

Benefits  

96 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

That's the second time this week you've alluded to Jews as being crafty, 'Shylock' type characters (Daniel Levy in another thread), under my three-strikes rule, one more and I'm reporting you to 'Searchlight' and The Anti-Defamation League.

I suspect you to be a rabid anti-see-might, but I'll hold forth on further action - For Now... :)

Look up Jewish humour & get back to me before you grass me up :D

Look up Jewish humour & get back to me before you grass me up :D

I used to be probably one of the only people in Bolton who watched 'Seinfeld' when it was on BBC Two about sixteen years ago. Likewise 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' around five years back.

That makes me practically Jackie Wilson, or Jockey Mason or whatever he's called...

And I had an operation when I was a baby - that only jewish lads normally have (not that one either ;) ).

Edited by Youri McAnespie

Fuckin hell!

Landlords get tax payers money?

Free?

For nowt?

I'm in the wrong job.

Who's money is it then... where's it coming from if not the State, ie. Tax Payers Money.

You're not telling me they do it out the goodness of their Heart.

They do it to make money, like any other business, i bet they're all shitting themselves worrying about their Tenants getting the money first.

The landlord in the BN.. never said a Dicky Bird while the money was rolling in ... off The Tax Payer..

Who's money is it then... where's it coming from if not the State, ie. Tax Payers Money.

They do it to make money, like any other business, i bet they're all shitting themselves worrying about their Tenants getting the money first.

The landlord in the BN.. never said a Dicky Bird while the money was rolling in ... off The Tax Payer..

The tax payer is still giving the money just to the claimant this time.

Even as a lefty myself I'm struggling to see what you're getting at.

They do it to make money, like any other business, i bet they're all shitting themselves worrying about their Tenants getting the money first. they'll not get their rent and will have to evict their tenant at a cost to themselves, not the state.

You don't actually know any landlords do you?

They do yes

But like every business / investment there is risk attached to the investment. If house prices fall they lose out, if interest rates rise then they lose out.

The least they should expect is for housing benefit being spent on housing and not shoved up some scrotes nose.

Being serious, my daughter her and then boy friend rented a flat, years ago, when i saw it i couldn't believe the state of it.

Dampness every where, the sitting room walls were piss wet through, told her she'd made a big mistake.. but there you go,

They never listen.

Edited by white -50

They do yes

But like every business / investment there is risk attached to the investment. If house prices fall they lose out, if interest rates rise then they lose out.

The least they should expect is for housing benefit being spent on housing and not shoved up some scrotes nose.

Maybe i'm not getting through, but a landlord ie Private sector is getting money off the State ie Public sector.

Personally i think they need each other... and one is not better than the other... it's all the point scoring that pisses me off.

The tax payer is still giving the money just to the claimant this time.

Even as a lefty myself I'm struggling to see what you're getting at.

Sorry just seen this...what i'm trying to say is/was the Tax payer is making a lot of people rich..ie the landlords, while on the other hand some people are slagging off the claimants.. just think there should be a balance.. we call the claimants for taking the money... but nobody seems to bother about what the Landlord gets..

Just think it's Ironic, that out of somebody's misfortune, somebody makes a Buck, But that's how it's always been.

And there i rest my case for the.

Edited by white -50

Just two things. Why don't the DHSS or whatever they're called now give the money direct to the landlord and if Maggie T hadnt allowed councils to sell their housing stock in the 80's then there would be more social housing available and therefore less private landlords.

Seems a well known retailer needs a little extra help, offering jobs for job seekers allowance + expenses.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2102228/Tesco-row-unpaid-nightshift-jobs-expenses-plus-Jobseekers-Allowance.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

IT error? Aye alreet. I'm no leftie but big supermarkets are squeezing the life out of the retail trade. If the Daily Mail think they're cunts they must be going too far now.

Just two things. Why don't the DHSS or whatever they're called now give the money direct to the landlord and if Maggie T hadnt allowed councils to sell their housing stock in the 80's then there would be more social housing available and therefore less private landlords.

But if they hadn't bought them there would be even more demand. She didn't sell them to the Germans.

She sold them to council tenants and gave them (of which many were from less affluent backgrounds with little chamce of buying anything otherwise) the opportunity to get on the property ladder.

Maggie might have done a lot of wonky things but allowing Joe public to buy their council house cheap as chips wasn't one of them.

The problem with shortage nowadays is demographics.