Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

This Weather.....

gonzo

• Members
5 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Supposed to be going camping next Friday. 

Went the last Friday of Jan and pitched up pitch black but fine weather but woke up in a storm. 

No fucking way I'm pitching up in high winds. 

But  Mrs B has bought slag wellies especially for it

8 minutes ago, Rudy said:

But  Mrs B has bought slag wellies especially for it

She's not coming to this with them fuckers. 

This is "wild camping". It's bear grylls meets 4 lads from school who just want a night away having a laugh on the piss. 

"Family camping" in summer is completely different because its 4 lads from school who just want 3 nights away having a laugh on the piss BUT we all bring a different tent and the Mrs and kids (and dogs) come. 

Edit... We all have one man backpacking tents... Its definitely not broke back mountain 

Edited by stevieb

2 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

I've been camping loads of times over the years and finally come to the conclusion it's shite.

You're basically pretending you're homeless. Fuck that

I've only started 'family camping' recently.

Aside from the Mrs packing like its the coming Armageddon for 2 nights away 15 miles from home I've proper enjoyed it. 

Mainly because the kids love it and it feels safe. 

6 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Aside from the Mrs packing like its the coming Armageddon for 2 nights away 15 miles from home I've proper enjoyed it. 

We used to go away with a mate and his family. Most year's it pissed down. They ones it didn't it was bleeding boiling.

Then one year we hired a vw camper van.  Was ace. Next year we hired a motor home and it was even better.

Pricey though.

• Members
7 hours ago, mickbrown said:

I've been camping loads of times over the years and finally come to the conclusion it's shite.

You're basically pretending you're homeless. Fuck that

NIC will tell you that you’re wrong. I just think it’s the most pointless exercise. 
Need all that gear just to be comfortable and warm, have to build your own gaff, be cold, all the time in the wettest windiest country known to man. Then you have to pack it all away and drive home. 
What’s the point. 

8 hours ago, stevieb said:

She's not coming to this with them fuckers. 

This is "wild camping". It's bear grylls meets 4 lads from school who just want a night away having a laugh on the piss. 

"Family camping" in summer is completely different because its 4 lads from school who just want 3 nights away having a laugh on the piss BUT we all bring a different tent and the Mrs and kids (and dogs) come. 

Edit... ... ITS DEFINITELY GOT A FEEL OF   broke back mountain TO IT

8 hours ago, stevieb said:

Try this place, have a look on thte events page to, great for kids, and it's got 2 belting pubs just off the site

https://www.barnfarmcamping.com/