Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Nfl Thread

Spider

• Members

Fuck da Bears.

When Lovie took over, he said at the press conference that the no. 1 goal was to beat the Packers.

For the first few clashes, he got what he wanted but for the last 7 or 8 clashes, they have been sent packing (if you'll pardon the pun).

Would love to see the Packers at the big dance again and this time winning it but just have the feeling that something is still missing from the formula.

When Lovie took over, he said at the press conference that the no. 1 goal was to beat the Packers.

For the first few clashes, he got what he wanted but for the last 7 or 8 clashes, they have been sent packing (if you'll pardon the pun).

Would love to see the Packers at the big dance again and this time winning it but just have the feeling that something is still missing from the formula.

They've had injuries mid-season with big players coming back at the right time - last year they were dropping like flies late on.

They're in with a big shout for me but I wouldn't back them at current prices.

• 3 weeks later...

Well

I told our maud a week ago it was a Seattle Denver superbowl and she looked at me like I'd just dropped from the dog's arse, seeing as how she didn't even know what sport I was on about

But no reason to change my mind here

Chuffed about Baltimore but that's as far as possible for this year, but to send Ray Lewis off with a miracle v Denver would be great

SF/GB well within Seattle's reach for me and I do think Seattle might just turn Atlanta over, and prob at a decent price too

Guest Frandsen08

for some reason i think the falcons might make it, i don't know why just a feeling i have even though they had a relatively easy run in in the regular season.

I hope to god the pats don't come close!

great comeback from seattle last night btw

• Members

Not NFL I know but looking forward to the College championship game tomorrow. Should be proper 'smash mouth' old school football.

Just hope the Crimson Tide win.

Pack efficient the other night. Bit of a mountain to climb now but Rodgers is capable of anything on his day.

Go Pack go.

Not NFL I know but looking forward to the College championship game tomorrow. Should be proper 'smash mouth' old school football.

Just hope the Crimson Tide win.

Pack efficient the other night. Bit of a mountain to climb now but Rodgers is capable of anything on his day.

Go Pack go.

Me and a couple of mates are having a few beers and watching it Tuesday night.

I can see a Seattle v New England final.

Hope Seattle win it.

• Members

Enjoyed Alabamas trouncing of the 'Fighting Irish'.

The only thing that comes close to the joy of watching the abject misery of thousands of ginger minge false beard and hairpiece clad, leprechaun hat wearing clowns is watching the abject misery of thousands of ginger minge false beard and hairpiece clad, tartan skirt cross dressers.

• Moderators

I want to get into NFL a bit more

watched Ravens Colts the other night

looked good

didn't have a fucking clue what was going on half the time though, just blokes grappling, making space and what not

is there a starter guide?

when I was into it in the late 80s/early 90s I had the sticker album when I was a kid, the Buffalo Bills were my team as they were the first foil badge I got, so will stick with them

Go Pack go.

Bolty. Congrats to the Packers for last Saturday. I didnt expect the Vikes to get there, but when you reach the playoffs you need to be on a roll. Playing in Lambeau without a QB was always going to be tough.

Frank. Not a bad season though for a 'shot' running back.

• Site Supporter

I want to get into NFL a bit more

watched Ravens Colts the other night

looked good

didn't have a fucking clue what was going on half the time though, just blokes grappling, making space and what not

is there a starter guide?

when I was into it in the late 80s/early 90s I had the sticker album when I was a kid, the Buffalo Bills were my team as they were the first foil badge I got, so will stick with them

Got to get 10 yards with 4 attempts

4 th attempt is usually a kick for goal a la rugby for 3 points, unless they're out of reach in which case it's a punt as far downfield as they can

Touchdown you'll know about

Best bit for me is watching 20+ stone fellas grappling and not touching the ball the whole game. Unreal. They do occasionally get the ball, and I saw one nose tackle guy win a ball once and had to run 20 yards for a TD. I swear i thought he was going to die on the spot after running that far.

Keep watching, you'll pick it up easy enough. It's fascinating

Oh, and the Bills are shit.

Not as shit as the Jets - i have to support them as they're the only team I've seen live.

• Moderators

4 th attempt is usually a kick for goal a la rugby for 3 points, unless they're out of reach in which case it's a punt as far downfield as they can

Best bit for me is watching 20+ stone fellas grappling and not touching the ball the whole game. Unreal. They do occasionally get the ball, and I saw one nose tackle guy win a ball once and had to run 20 yards for a TD. I swear i thought he was going to die on the spot after running that far.

Not as shit as the Jets - i have to support them as they're the only team I've seen live.

Paragraph 1 & 3 I already knew

That bit about blokes not touching the ball, aye, that's what I was trying to work out, shit loads on the field and touch line and only 2 or 3 from either team get near it

Weren't the jets playing someone else?

If it weren't the bills it's be the patriots as they're in one of my favourite family guy episodes, but am aware that'd make me pretty much a Munich, so I'll stick with them, if Vegas had a team it'd be a different story

Right, as you were NFL afficionados

Go Bills

Edited by ZicoKelly

They do occasionally get the ball, and I saw one nose tackle guy win a ball once and had to run 20 yards for a TD. I swear i thought he was going to die on the spot after running that far.

Big man with football!

Always fun watching a 350lb fella running as fast as Hsu tubby legs will carry him.

BCS bowl was a bit dull.

AJ McCarron kicking off with his centre whilst the game was over as a spectacle was massively entertaining.

Yes I did kind of write AP off a bit prematurely and Blair Walsh got some consistency from somewhere.

Paragraph 1 & 3 I already knew

That bit about blokes not touching the ball, aye, that's what I was trying to work out, shit loads on the field and touch line and only 2 or 3 from either team get near it

Weren't the jets playing someone else?

If it weren't the bills it's be the patriots as they're in one of my favourite family guy episodes, but am aware that'd make me pretty much a Munich, so I'll stick with them, if Vegas had a team it'd be a different story

Right, as you were NFL afficionados

Go Bills

If you've got a games console buy a copy of Madden and have a bash.

It certainly helped me get into the intricacies a bit more.

Jeff Rheinbold has been an excellent pundit on sky during the playoffs. And has explained a few things I didn't quite get.

• Members

If you've got a games console buy a copy of Madden and have a bash.

It certainly helped me get into the intricacies a bit more.

Jeff Rheinbold has been an excellent pundit on sky during the playoffs. And has explained a few things I didn't quite get.

Having played the game for a few years, there's not much I don't get other than where they have tinkered with the rules.

Saw summat a few days ago though which is as rare as rocking horse shit. A one point safety (scored by the Oregon Ducks)!

You live and learn.

Cracking match that Denver v Baltimore. Denver will never know how they lost that with 30 seconds left, what a mistake to let the Ravens back in. Baltimore are looking like the Giants last season, the destiny team with Ray Lewis. Still backing the 49ers but it could be a Harbaugh Super Bowl . Hope Seattle win tonight, be tough but Russell Wilson is great, I liked him at Wisconsin last year.

What about the other the team they were playing