Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

It's Christmas! Incorporating Central Heating Watch.

Youri McAnespie

I was slumming it in Home Bargains, Burnden this evening - looking for some fleecy throw/blankets, on the recommendation of my sister, for female guests. Anyway, I can report they've got the Christmas decorations, aftershave gift sets etc. out already. Fucking pisstake, we're barely out of September.

Also, what's the status of everyone else's central heating? I'm having it on one week (when I'm 'entertaining') and off the following week when I'm on my own (having it on when I'm having it...never mind :)) I still don't think it's cold enough but my thermostat keeps switching it on.

Who's got theirs on, and what temperature is your thermostat set at?

I was slumming it in Home Bargains, Burnden this evening - looking for some fleecy throw/blankets, on the recommendation of my sister, for female guests. Anyway, I can report they've got the Christmas decorations, aftershave gift sets etc. out already. Fucking pisstake, we're barely out of September.

Also, what's the status of everyone else's central heating? I'm having it on one week (when I'm 'entertaining') and off the following week when I'm on my own (having it on when I'm having it...never mind :)) I still don't think it's cold enough but my thermostat keeps switching it on.

Who's got theirs on, and what temperature is your thermostat set at?

All I can say is my A/C still running

I suspect/hope your sister was taking the piss. Fucking fleecy blankets for female guests?

I can never tell with my sister - they did have some in (fleecy blankets) but they looked tacky and stank of petrol! I can't think of any other solution though - I'm sweating cobbs in my shorts and they're sat fleeing. I have the heating on full whack (well 22-24 on the thermostat) when I've got guests. I'm quite happy with plumes of breath streaming out when I'm on my tod.

Edit: The fleecy things were only intended for on the couch - I'm strictly 100% cotton in the boudoir.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

If my wife dares to suggest putting the heating on tonight,Im going to beat her round the face with my Sudocrem filled palms until she admits she isnt actually chilly.

Infact this winter Im going to smother my family in Mr Freeze Ice pops during the night to toughen the lying bastards up.

Cold my arse....Ive had colder clouts round my bell end.

Guest Frandsen08

I suspect/hope your sister was taking the piss. Fucking fleecy blankets for female guests?

There goes your invite to Per Palace.

and no the heating is not on in mine. November and no bloody sooner.

Do you not still have your guest "slankets" or guest "onesies" ?

Saturday night in a bad state I found one of my mates sprawled in the corner of a room with my coat on wrong way round muttering something about what kind of a fucking house doesn't have slankets hanging around it & another in my favourite Ralph Lauren dressing gown.

If they turn up with one in their handbags I'm breaking friends with them.

Saturday night in a bad state I found one of my mates sprawled in the corner of a room with my coat on wrong way round muttering something about what kind of a fucking house doesn't have slankets hanging around it & another in my favourite Ralph Lauren dressing gown.

Your friends are clearly peasants.

Anyway, I admit to putting the heating on for a couple of hours the other day as it was very cold.

Mrs CWP has this weird thing of always wanting to sleep with the bedroom window open for some "fresh air", and then complains when it's cold.....so she puts the heating on as well.......is it just her, or are there other daft birds who do this sort of thing?

Windows open at night? Get to fuck! Windows should be open of a weekend daytime whilst you're bottoming the house, not whilst you're trying to sleep. Surely if you live on a povvy estate you'd be woken up by the neighbours getting arresting or fighting, on a nice estate it'd be traffic noise from the motorwsy you didn't realise was only 100 yards from the leylandii at the end of your garden and for me it'd be foxes fighting, owls trying to pull a bird & the early doors chickens getting up having a chat with the other chickens. No thanks.

P.S. They're not peasants, just druggie thugs with no proper temperature guages :D

Windows open at night? Get to fuck! Windows should be open of a weekend daytime whilst you're bottoming the house, not whilst you're trying to sleep. Surely if you live on a povvy estate you'd be woken up by the neighbours getting arresting or fighting, on a nice estate it'd be traffic noise from the motorwsy you didn't realise was only 100 yards from the leylandii at the end of your garden and for me it'd be foxes fighting, owls trying to pull a bird & the early doors chickens getting up having a chat with the other chickens. No thanks.

I live in the countryside though, so noise isn't an issue to be honest.......apart from Canadian Geese, 5 o'clock every morning flying over the house to splash down in the river. They are noisey fuckers

Guest Frandsen08

Anyway, I admit to putting the heating on for a couple of hours the other day as it was very cold.

Mrs CWP has this weird thing of always wanting to sleep with the bedroom window open for some "fresh air", and then complains when it's cold.....so she puts the heating on as well.......is it just her, or are there other daft birds who do this sort of thing?

Our maud does that too. never understood it to be honest.

I hope Mrs CWP knows that when we come to stay over Christmas no windows shall be open.

I live in the countryside though, so noise isn't an issue to be honest.......apart from Canadian Geese, 5 o'clock every morning flying over the house to splash down in the river. They are noisey fuckers

How do you know they're Canadian? I have trouble with a few geese doing that over our way. I've not a clue where they're from though.

I had mine on last week as I was ill, won't put it on properly for at least a month unless it gets colder.

I love having the windows open, nothing better than a fresh smelling house. Couldn't sleep with them open at night though, the slightest noise wakes me up.

Point of order.

There's no Christmas in October (or November).

Home Bargains beg to differ, and I predict t'other shops will soon follow suit. I think it's fucking bollocks too, Christmas begins on the 24th December. Unless your a teacher, then your hard-earned rest begins the last Thursday or Friday before the week of Christmas (homework won't mark itself) - I'm timing Smiffs with this one ;)

is that like a woolly hat with the top missing?

Mrs CWP invested in one of them at the weekend......I didn't have a clue what it was

An excellent description. Mine has a crochetted flower on it too, just for that feminine touch so they don't suspect i'm a lesbian.