Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wheres Azreal?

anewman

I'm not sure what I said that wasn't true, CWP - what was the issue there?

I'm not sure where the original thread was, and I may have misread it (or Anewman and Miami may have mis-reported it) but wasn't it suggested that Coyle wouldn't be going anywhere......and then he was promptly fired off within 48 hours?!?

That's entirely accurate, yes. I was supposed to meet up with Coyle that week, having been told he wasn't going anywhere yet - then he was gone after that meeting.

What's that saying, a week is a long time in football? I think most of what I said was right though and none of it was untrue when I said it - just that things changed fairly rapidly.

Can't really do more than go off what I'm told.

She was about 70 when I was there so he must have been 40 odd. Wasn't Little Jimmy Krankie was it? We had the wise old owl Holden for music who simply dropped a 78 onto the Teak Rediffusion Platter. Not much to do with AZreal this. Wonder if there's a connection before I get my botty spanked?

My Uncle G was told that under no circumstances was his corporate hospitality job in jeopardy following the move to Horwich. Two weeks later he's having to give out free papers at Trinity Street. Stab you in the back the lot of 'em. We're all hookers for whoever's the pimp of the moment. Just so happens to be Gartside at the present. We've all taken our eye off the ball and allowed OUR club to be run by Napoleon.

• Site Supporter

My Uncle G was told that under no circumstances was his corporate hospitality job in jeopardy following the move to Horwich. Two weeks later he's having to give out free papers at Trinity Street. Stab you in the back the lot of 'em. We're all hookers for whoever's the pimp of the moment. Just so happens to be Gartside at the present. We've all taken our eye off the ball and allowed OUR club to be run by Napoleon.

The guy who has presided over one of our most successful periods in history, 11 consecutive seasons in the top division, 4 consecutive top 8 finishes and two journeys into Europe. Yes it seems a long time ago today, but conspiracy theories about Napoleon, pimps and hookers is pretty wide of the mark