Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

"the Gun Doesn't Kill People"

DazBob

I used to listen to Alex Jones on Infowars but he's become a parody of himswelf I'm afraid. Hugely passionate and genuinely believes his own skewed worldview. Like most people of that ilk, 95% of what he comes up with is ludicrous nonsense, followed by the odd 5% of cutting truth and insight that doesn't get talked about elsewhere.

Damn him for making me take the side of Morgan!

A couple of weeks ago I got into a 'debate' with a gun fanatic. And just like this Alex Jones he started to lose his rag when I questioned ownership of automatic assault rifles. There are too many firearms in this country for there ever to be an amnesty. But I have yet to talk to anyone who can justify owning a semi-automatic assault rifle used only to kill deer. There are thousands of gun clubs and ranges where you can hire almost anything if you want to get the thrill/experience of automatic fire. These weapons are controlled.

In all the debates/discussions I have been witness to, tv or otherwise, the general consensus seems to be against assualt weapons and not against the right to bear arms.

He's right, guns don't kill, people kill. However guns make it easier to kill.

Yes, to an extent you're right.

Thing is, that lunatic who slaughtered all those innocent people in the cinema - he'd have only killed a fraction if he'd been armed with a knife.

Yes, to an extent you're right.

Thing is, that lunatic who slaughtered all those innocent people in the cinema - he'd have only killed a fraction if he'd been armed with a knife.

ahhh so if we ban all knives and guns and cars/wagons/motorbikes/cancer/hammers/strokes/everything else .........WE WOULD ALL LIVE A LOT LONGER!

SORTED

In fairness they wouldn't need to ban guns if they just rounded up the freaky looking nerdy people.

Smiffs, you've met CWP, haven't you?

Apart from being a bit ginger (not in a pufter way), he looks really normal, in fact my mate thinks he's a lovely bloke.

Anyhow, the moral is: you need to scratch the surface sometimes.

Guest bwfcdan

The way Piers Morgan's ratings are going down he might well resort to that before long.

I'm disappointed the bloke didn't just cave Morgan's head in. Don't care whether he was right or wrong, Morgans a cnut.