Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Freedman Factor?

worthy10

After the Everton performance i'm seeing improvement which is a good thing, you can only piss with the cock you've got so lets give him time to sort the rabble out before judging him, next season is the test

My neighbour is a scout at Sheffield Utd and told me last weekend that given time DF will serve us well and he believes in the up and coming young lads and he puts a lot of time and effort into that.

I wasn't sure when he was appointed mainly because i didn't know enough about him but he's slowly winning me over

• Moderators

am not overly convinced BUT can see what's happening

Coyle was a bit of a plaster job in hindsight - came in, fixed up the mess Megson left and got the players playing again, an impact manager if there's such a thing - but he didn't have a plan or anything, he probably didn't even have a day to day plan, just turn up and play football - and this lack of leadership/strategy got badly exposed Stoke onwards

so Gartside clearly wants someone who has a plan for the club and has a longer term vision - which Freedman clearly has - appointing someone like McCarthy would've been another quick fix, as in let's get back to the PL quick and worry about it when we get there (which in itself, isn't that bad a plan) but he would never have worked towards anything longer term

that's what DF is here to do, next season is the big one, so will judge him on that and will have to be paitent BUT we do need to start being more consistent performance wise just to avoid getting sucked into the mire at the bottom - Everton was more than encouraging, but not seen 2 good performances in a row yet, let alone 2 good results

We look miles more organised when defending. Rome wasn't built in 3 months. He's in theory gonna have the toughest budget any Bolton manager has had in 12 years, it will take time. He deserves a chance to show what he's about.

That's relative though isn't it

We're playing against poorer teams than we have in that time too

At this level I'd say the overall spend for BWFC (wages + transfer fees) will be one of the highest in the league

None of our Managers in the Prem had that luxury

The caveat is that most of them are not "his" players

However, to counter, his job isn't just recruitment, it's to manage from what he has now - that's why I'm not convinced by the "give him x transfer windows".....it's become a red herring for me

That said, my opinion is still give him time either way....

That's relative though isn't it

We're playing against poorer teams than we have in that time too

At this level I'd say the overall spend for BWFC (wages + transfer fees) will be one of the highest in the league

None of our Managers in the Prem had that luxury

The caveat is that most of them are not "his" players

However, to counter, his job isn't just recruitment, it's to manage from what he has now - that's why I'm not convinced by the "give him x transfer windows".....it's become a red herring for me

That said, my opinion is still give him time either way....

At the moment he has the budget etc. But say we sell ngog for 2.5m I would imagine we'd spend 500k on his replacement and that's how I see transfers going for the forseable future. I don't think that necessarily a bad thing mind.

Will the Coyle apologists cease and desist...Did you not have eyes? Do you not have ears, or the ability to read (regarding the comments from the players). The man was an incompetent surrounded by yes-men buffoons. The more that transpires about Coyle's reign of terror, and the more players deemed as shite (or simply not used), slowly start showing promise - the more I believe Freedman is the man for the job.

Now he just has to stop pacing in circles and talking to the floor. :)

Please, no more C-word. The cunt (right that's it no more now).

A "long term vision" is normally a "short term plan" gone wrong.

When he came in November then his directive was promotion this season.

Of that there is absolutely no doubt.

Anyway that ain't now going to happen but DF makes the "right noises".

It's actually translating those noises into points that's the hard bit.

Let's wait and see next season.

A "long term vision" is normally a "short term plan" gone wrong.

When he came in November then his directive was promotion this season.

Of that there is absolutely no doubt.

Anyway that ain't now going to happen but DF makes the "right noises".

It's actually translating those noises into points that's the hard bit.

Let's wait and see next season.

Might take 2?