Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cricket

Thanks for taking that tit Gary Garner off our hands at Heaton.

What a fucking prick.

He was batting once (about 12 years ago) and there was words between him and our bowler. I was at gully and I started laughing. Anyhow, he says to me, "Fuck off you fat talentless twat." I hadn't said owt. So after I threatened to drop him in his crease I was brought on to bowl. After I had bowled him second ball (pitched leg, hit top of off) I did about 10 laps of him as he walked off laughing my town halls off.

All in all, absolute prick.

• Members

Player called Unsure?

I would be having a word to see if he's registered. They've been known to field an ex test player or two over the years.

Aye, but nothing is ever done about it. Whenever we play Bolton CC I often ask players I don't recongnise their name. It's funny how they seem to forget and have to ask the captain what their name is...

Photo IDs brought in last season were supposed to end all that business, but it doesn't seem to have worked. It is frustrating though. When we're struggling for players (which we are, often) we have to call up the kids. Other teams just bring in their mates from Metro taxis. It's frustrating.

Anyway, after studying that scorecard that Horwich so kindly posted, I can confirm it's wrong.

I definitely got 3 runs, not 2.

• Members

twenty fcuking seven

is it under 13s?

Some of them on Saturday, yes.

You should come down to nets tonight and sign up if you think you can bat. We'd be not too bad a team if we had a couple of extra batters.

Aye, but nothing is ever done about it. Whenever we play Bolton CC I often ask players I don't recongnise their name. It's funny how they seem to forget and have to ask the captain what their name is...

Photo IDs brought in last season were supposed to end all that business, but it doesn't seem to have worked. It is frustrating though. When we're struggling for players (which we are, often) we have to call up the kids. Other teams just bring in their mates from Metro taxis. It's frustrating.

Anyway, after studying that scorecard that Horwich so kindly posted, I can confirm it's wrong.

I definitely got 3 runs, not 2.

How long before the league folds?

I was told last night that 10 clubs have left or folded over the last 2 years.

• Members

How long before the league folds?

I was told last night that 10 clubs have left or folded over the last 2 years.

It's not looking good. West Leigh, Brooksbottom and Euxton all left this summer too.

Not sure what our plan is, but whilst we've not got a ground it's tough for us. The sooner we move to our new ground Chew Moor the better. Having to play our home games all the way out at Haydock CC is really making it tough to attract players.

Some of them on Saturday, yes.

You should come down to nets tonight and sign up if you think you can bat. We'd be not too bad a team if we had a couple of extra batters.

I can bat and bowl, was actually quite good back in the day, but you're too far away and I also can't be arsed.

• Site Supporter

Ok Chris Gayke isn't local but he's just smashed a 30 ball ton

He finished on 161 n/o

@Cricket_Ali: Chris Gayle's 30-ball century - 001440440416640664616066466016 - played himself in first, proper batting #IPLT20

Edited by superjohnmcginlay