Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Official Boxing Thread...

gonzo

14 minutes ago, Rudy said:

FWIW Fury’s KO record isn’t close to AJ’s KO record 

In terms of calibre of opponent before some smart arse says they have the same KO record 

Not an expert in boxing but for me Joshua a show pony, fury proper scrapper, they meet only 1 winner, that’s if fury has his head on. 

• Members
Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

Not an expert in boxing but for me Joshua a show pony, fury proper scrapper, they meet only 1 winner, that’s if fury has his head on. 

I’m a fan of the man and the boxer on paper I AJ’s record is exceptional, Fury’s isn’t, however he’s an exceptional boxer, KO’s aren’t everything, and like I said he’s hard as fuck and a beautiful beautiful boxer, if they fought, AJ would have to KO him, Fury wouldn’t get beat IMO

3 minutes ago, Rudy said:

AJ knocked him out. 
Fury was points.

AJ KO’d Takam, Whyte, Klitshcko, Brezeale, Martin, Molina, Povetkin. 

Fury’s KO record doesn’t compare 

Fury isn’t a knock out merchant. I’m not disagreeing with you he’s got the better record in terms of overall quality. Would fury have lost to Ruiz? Not a chance 

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I think they’ve been really clever with fury. And I don’t think he’s that arsed about proving himself as much as AJ. AJ wants to have fought everyone. Tell everyone about it if that makes sense. Fair play to him. Fury has when it mattered done what was needed and done it well. 

i honestly thought he was shite when he was coming through. He lost that fight against John mcdermott clearly and got gifted the win. and at that point I thought no chance will you come to anything.  Shows I know absolutely fuck all 😂

I'm with you there, he's totally proved me wrong as well. I think now he is focused & in control of his demons he is showing the real Tyson Fury. 

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Go easy, you’ll only end up blathering on about Brexit all Sunday. 

As if 😇

You're right about AJ. Fury would beat him 9 times out of 10.

Were not allowed to refer to his Romany roots, but they are responsible for him being a natural fighter.

AJ is technically superb, but a scrapper like Fury picks him off for me

• Members
10 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Fury isn’t a knock out merchant. I’m not disagreeing with you he’s got the better record in terms of overall quality. Would fury have lost to Ruiz? Not a chance 

Probably not, AJ took his eye off the prize and went to America when he didn’t need to, he almost lost to Wallin so they both have weaknesses.

They both need to fight. And I’ll be fuckin there 

1 minute ago, Rudy said:

Probably not, AJ took his eye off the prize and went to America when he didn’t need to, he almost lost to Wallin so they both have weaknesses.

They both need to fight. And I’ll be fuckin there 

As I’ve said fury was beat by McDermott and he’s fought some bums and struggled in a way. But when it’s mattered he’s done it. 

it also needs factoring in that the likes of whyte Parker etc are promoted or co promoted by matchroom  that makes a difference as to opponents etc. 

10 minutes ago, Spider said:

As if 😇

You're right about AJ. Fury would beat him 9 times out of 10.

Were not allowed to refer to his Romany roots, but they are responsible for him being a natural fighter.

AJ is technically superb, but a scrapper like Fury picks him off for me

Folk often have a go at gypsys but I know one or 2 and they are tough as teak and loyal, that fury is so generous with his money makes me also respect him massively. 

• Members
Just now, Escobarp said:

As I’ve said fury was beat by McDermott and he’s fought some bums and struggled in a way. But when it’s mattered he’s done it. 

it also needs factoring in that the likes of whyte Parker etc are promoted or co promoted by matchroom  that makes a difference as to opponents etc. 

That’s my issue with matchroom top rank and golden boy, they’re conglomerates, they own the game and the other promoters don’t get a sniff so they can afford to pay #1 and the other boxers are nobodies and get a small slice 

• Members
3 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Folk often have a go at gypsys but I know one or 2 and they are tough as teak and loyal, that fury is so generous with his money makes me also respect him massively. 

I love the guy, massive respect to him for speaking out on mental health, even bigger respect from where he went to and where He then managed to get back to. HW Boxing would be boring without him

1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

There were two at LL school when I was there. Hard as nails both of them. Once got twatted by one of the Chinese lads that own Baci in harwood and his dad came into morning assembly wanting him to go outside and fight him. He was 15 at the time. 

Fury I think a lot of folk can relate to. Loves a beer and other stuff. Just one of the lads. But you can’t do that and be a high level boxer. Look at the toll it took on Hatton, Kevin Mitchell , Michael Gomez amongst many others. 

Just now, Escobarp said:

There were two at LL school when I was there. Hard as nails both of them. Once got twatted by one of the Chinese lads that own Baci in harwood and his dad came into morning assembly wanting him to go outside and fight him. He was 15 at the time. 

Fury I think a lot of folk can relate to. Loves a beer and other stuff. Just one of the lads. But you can’t do that and be a high level boxer. Look at the toll it took on Hatton, Kevin Mitchell , Michael Gomez amongst many others. 

One of my u16 football lads is from gypsy stock his dad fought as a top pro, he had about 6 fights and fought for British schoolboy champ, won it with ease in London, utter beast in the ring, but at same time very respectful lad. 

2 minutes ago, Rudy said:

That’s my issue with matchroom top rank and golden boy, they’re conglomerates, they own the game and the other promoters don’t get a sniff so they can afford to pay #1 and the other boxers are nobodies and get a small slice 

Tbf there top fighters (the likes of whyte and chisora, not elite like AJ) get more I believe for run of the mill fights than what say josh Taylor got for for winning the WBSS super series or josh warrington gets for defending his world titles, which is silly. So you can see why these lads go there. 

i suspect Hattons lad has made a tidy sum guaranteed already and he’s not had a pro fight yet. Just a gamble on them being a success. With hatton jnr they are hoping for the fans to back him cos of who he is obviously. 

• Members
2 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Fury gets my respect because look at his upbringing, gypsy community, not a pot to piss in, all he knows is fighting and he’s the Mac, the Heavyweight champion of the world, that why I love Mike Tyson, McGregor and why Lennox Lewis can bite my bollocks

• Site Supporter
17 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Tbf there top fighters (the likes of whyte and chisora, not elite like AJ) get more I believe for run of the mill fights than what say josh Taylor got for for winning the WBSS super series or josh warrington gets for defending his world titles, which is silly. So you can see why these lads go there. 

i suspect Hattons lad has made a tidy sum guaranteed already and he’s not had a pro fight yet. Just a gamble on them being a success. With hatton jnr they are hoping for the fans to back him cos of who he is obviously. 

It’ll prick the early interest but won’t last if he’s crack. Eubank jnr had that. Boxing costs a lot of money to follow, if you’re shit, you won’t get the following