Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Crowds

davidjack

So its ticket prices stopping folk going now.

It makes a change from sams shit football/ megson being a cunt/ the ground is too far away/ you cant smook etc etc if people dont want to go theyll find excuses.

As a fan who wants to attend home matches the first thing my leisure budget goes on is my season ticket.

If they drop ticket prices and we dont get promoted soon and the stay aways drift away again how do you attract them back again?

So its ticket prices stopping folk going now.

It makes a change from sams shit football/ megson being a cunt/ the ground is too far away/ you cant smook etc etc if people dont want to go theyll find excuses.

As a fan who wants to attend home matches the first thing my leisure budget goes on is my season ticket.

If they drop ticket prices and we dont get promoted soon and the stay aways drift away again how do you attract them back again?

This is it - I think there are too many fans who just want an excuse not to go instead of the real reason is that they cant be arsed

I think people are confusing 'fans' & supporters. As a reminder Fan is short for fanatic.

Prices won't go lower (sadly) , at least not to cheap levels like £10-£15, people are forgetting that pricing rises was one of many tactics used to discourage 'a certain element', I think that was the phrase used many years ago, & more recently by the club to not give out the £10 tickets for the Blackburn & Blackpool games towards the end of last season.

I could give my opinion on the topic, but I fear this is ground well trod on the site, so can't be arsed.

FWIW, folk should look back at our average attendances, lowest attendance & highest attendances, in similar position as we are now, in years gone by. You'll find we're holding up very well in far more difficult economic times. Oh, if you're really concerned about pricing policy, have a look at what some conference sides are charging for non-league season tickets, that'll scare the shit out you!

great debate this and I think everyone's right in one way or another, the reason for lower gates is a combination of all of the above (as each 'supporter' will have slightly different reasons for going / not going)

1. prices

2. pain in the arse to get to from the other side of Bolton / Lands End / whereever you live

3. crap football for x number of seasons

4. live football available in pubs instead and on TV more or less daily

5. lack of atmosphere / standing areas at the ground

6. lots of other clubs around

7. footballers earning too much money for being average players

8. not enough English / local lads playing in the team

a pisshead would probably still go if prices are high but there was no football to watch in the pubs 

a family man struggling for money will be more about price

a football traditionalist with no money worries will be more tempted to go if we played a more attractive football regardless of price

an old school fan more tempted to go if he could stand up for £20 even if we still had Trevor Morgan up front and we were in division 4

someone having to travel miles is probably influenced by all of the above in some way.

So it truth all the things that attract or push you away from football influence everyone but to varying degrees depending on the person and therefore if you want full houses you need to make the combination of all the above attractive enough to make sure 20k show up every week, not easy but reasonable prices to get in, £2.50 a pint in the ground & attractive winning football will probably do the trick to have a fullish Reebok.

My round trip is a 500miles so ticket prices don't really effect my decision at all, quality of football and atmosphere in the ground do, needless to say I don't go much and watch my local club instead.

Ticket prices pale into insignificance when compared to the cost of petrol for a 400 mile round trip. As does the cost of ale when you can't get bladdered. That's what has turned me into a #shitfan who now only goes to occasional games.

Having said that you can take the boy out of Bolton but you can't take the Wanderers out of the boy.

• Moderators

Atmosphere is never going to happen when the moment someone stands up to sing, they can be in a headlock.

Krazy Korner doesn't seem so Krazy, NSL, was that a singing stand or have they given up on that idea? All you need is a block where people can get together and sing, with the orange warriors turning a blind eye.

Atmosphere is never going to happen when the moment someone stands up to sing, they can be in a headlock.

Krazy Korner doesn't seem so Krazy, NSL, was that a singing stand or have they given up on that idea? All you need is a block where people can get together and sing, with the orange warriors turning a blind eye.

Tis true.

Watching palace spurs on Sunday and their version of ultras corner was bloody bouncing.

Not many orange warriors wading in there telling folk to sit down.

Like Carlos says,we need a designated area,unreserved seating and stewards to keep out of the way.

Some folk don't want to spend all game game leaping around singing,they shouldn't have to put up with someone doing so right in front of them.

There's a difference between standing up and singing and standing up and doing the slit throat action towards away fans or jumping up and shouting expletives towards the ref with plenty of kids around and going overboard. Our stewards are pretty tame but have a stroll up the stairs when required and our club is better for it.

There's a difference between standing up and singing and standing up and doing the slit throat action towards away fans or jumping up and shouting expletives towards the ref with plenty of kids around and going overboard. Our stewards are pretty tame but have a stroll up the stairs when required and our club is better for it.

I've now officially come to the conclusion that you're a WUM, Chris.

They are not tame mate. Not all but a fair few knobheads who steward at Bolton. Cant think of an away that was worse last season.

Have you actually seen any of these things happen?

Throat slitting gestures?? Really?

Our stewards have caused more trouble at the reebok than any supporter.

Like I've said previously is generally acting the goat enough to warrant being thrown out of a football game??

It's an outrage that people shout expletives towards the referee. Whatever next?

It's the thin edge of the wedge Carlos, before you know it thye'll be booing opposition players and taunting opposition fans. It'll be most unsavoury.