Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Lofthouse Memorabilia For Good Homes

globaldiver

why does his family feel the need to sell them??

money orientated??

probably get slated to fuck once again, but nats family never bothered with him when he was in the place he died, hardly ever visited itk info, so are they just cashing in???

anyway, if I had the coin I would buy the lot and put on public display in the club shop, if allowed, as it would get folk in to see the amazing items plus get the visitors spending in the shop too, but thats too easy

• Site Supporter

money orientated??

probably get slated to fuck once again, but nats family never bothered with him when he was in the place he died, hardly ever visited itk info, so are they just cashing in???

unfortunately Jay that's not that uncommon..

in my line we see it a lot, we've had houses stripped bare looking for wills, trinkets etc.. People left to die in houses and family only wanting what they can get out of it..

The family will want the money and that's their right, they don't have any kids etc, so its inevitable that it will disappear eventually and at least this way some of it may end up in the right places and at least in this country..

money orientated??

anyway, if I had the coin I would buy the lot and put on public display in the club shop, if allowed, as it would get folk in to see the amazing items plus get the visitors spending in the shop too, but thats too easy

Maybe you know more than me. I don't care, let them enjoy the cash whatever they choose to spend it on. Fair fucks to 'em. Its not like Nat ever  had to degrade himself whilst he was still here like some, live and let live I say.

It's not like he earned a mint anyway in modern terms.

unfortunately Jay that's not that uncommon..

in my line we see it a lot, we've had houses stripped bare looking for wills, trinkets etc.. People left to die in houses and family only wanting what they can get out of it..

The family will want the money and that's their right, they don't have any kids etc, so its inevitable that it will disappear eventually and at least this way some of it may end up in the right places and at least in this country..

fucks me off, they just wait for relatives to die

And for all we know they might be giving the money raised to Bolton Lads Club or Hospice without wanting any glory?

Can't imagine so, but don't blame them for selling. I bet they've got plenty of family memories, photos etc and can't be bothered keeping and insuring items that gave less of a personal connection.

Sell it all and let someone with a genuine interest buy it.

Hopefully not Bolton Council, which would just chuck it in a warehouse along with all the art they can't display, bringing it out all too infrequently. Not sure where the club could show it safely and publicly either.

• Members

It's got fuck all to do with us what his family do with items left to them by their father.

If anyone cares enough to do anything about it then get together and raise the money to buy his stuff.

I'm surprised no-one has said the players should all chip and and buy it yet.

It's got fuck all to do with us what his family do with items left to them by their father.

If anyone cares enough to do anything about it then get together and raise the money to buy his stuff.

I'm surprised no-one has said the players should all chip and and buy it yet.

The players should have their wages docked by 10%, so the club can buy the items :D