Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Froch Vs Groves

Smiley

Well I enjoyed it

Was hoping for a few more rounds as it was getting more and more interesting after the first couple of rounds when both clearly had that massive fear of not wanting to make a mistake to lose it; which is understandable for Froch after the 1st round last time

• Members

Looked to me like Groves had been pacing himself so he could come in strong in the second half of the fight. Looked like the plan was working as he looked to be gaining the upper hand ... then BANG.

Fair play to Froch, no arguments from anyone this time. He thoroughly deserved that win.

It was although Groves didn't really turn up I thought he was just getting back in to it then bangClear winner... Both stood and fought...Serious question.... What did you want?

Obviously more than you. I was not expecting a toe-to-toe slugfest. What we got, for most of the fight, was a Mexican stand off with the odd sortie by both fighters. If you enjoyed it, then wonderful. It was a average title fight for me. Nothing more, nothing less.

It was a good fight even without the KO. The best fight I've seen at 2 in the morning in my keks in bed in Kabul with a 15 year old Glenlivet, actually. Glad to see Groves looking silly. Always good when a mouthy twat gets humbled. He'll have to fight DeGale again and Froch can finish off with a big night in Vegas against Golovkin or Chavez. I would advise Chavez because Golovkin would banjo him. In fact I think Golovkin would even beat Adrian Morley.

Work in 2 hours. Night.

Golovkin, is that the chap who took Cleverly to bits?

Brutel power that chap

It was a good fight even without the KO. The best fight I've seen at 2 in the morning in my keks in bed in Kabul with a 15 year old Glenlivet, actually. Glad to see Groves looking silly. Always good when a mouthy twat gets humbled. He'll have to fight DeGale again and Froch can finish off with a big night in Vegas against Golovkin or Chavez. I would advise Chavez because Golovkin would banjo him. In fact I think Golovkin would even beat Adrian Morley.

Work in 2 hours. Night.

On another forum I visit (boxing) last nights ref chatted to one of the posters afterwards

Said golovkin was the best fighter he'd reffed 'so cold, efficient and clinical' I think were the words

Froch would have size advantage though you'd think

Makes sense in many ways, golovkin needs the breakout fight, and froch could command the fat end of a Vegas purse

Don't know the actual number, but I read earlier that PPV generated £23M - sounds a bit high to me though to be honest, unless it was sold overseas as well

I read something similar, £6M tickets and £17M PPV (if they reached the expected 1 million buys)

Purse was split 85/15

A lad i work with said that he didn't pay for it, his mate phoned him just as the fight started and told him to put PPV on and it was on for free

I fucking hope that wasn't the case the sky bastards

Oh that might be what happened to my mate, she thought she'd bought it but it didn't ask for a pin

A lad i work with said that he didn't pay for it, his mate phoned him just as the fight started and told him to put PPV on and it was on for free

I fucking hope that wasn't the case the sky bastards

Has happened in the past, it's their fall back plan if the phone lines or encryption go tits up

Has happened in the past, it's their fall back plan if the phone lines or encryption go tits up

So all them that paid full price and rung up in the thousands crashed the system and everyone else got it for free?

PPV my fucking arse. Glad I didn't buy it. :thumbsup: