Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Released List

freds dad

Tsk tsk, such logical thinking won't go down well at all sir

Logical thinking usually only applies when there's truth.

"Spunking fortunes" on Baptiste and Tierney? Really?

The cost-cutting has been in place for a long time, which is why I never even believed for one second last summer that we were in for Jordan Rhodes...

because, even if he he felt he should've done better, doesn't for one minute mean davies/gartside expected him to

if you think anybody at the club is going to say 'reet lads, lets have all your season ticket money but we're not aiming to get promoted as  we're gonn a keep on cutting costs and if we end up in division 4, so be it'

expecting football managers to tell the truth when theres tickets to sell!!!!!!!!!

you'll be telling me you believe the sunday sport next

fwiw, i'd be happy with top 6 and see what happens

if we finish 10th and we're getting better, it wont be the end of the world

not for me, anyway

nor, i imagine, the powers that be

So if they actually say that the target is promotion, their real target will be top 10, just because you "imagine"?

Aye alreet Mrs F

Introducing reasons to back him if he fails again and we're still in May!

Menkul

So if they actually say that the target is promotion, their real target will be top 10, just because you "imagine"?

Aye alreet Mrs F

Introducing reasons to back him if he fails again and we're still in May!

Menkul

What would failure be in your eyes Jules? Missing promotion? Missing playoffs?

I think for me, finishing 14th again and only a handful appearances from players sub 22/23 would be failure. Improve league position and show that he can coach and improve the youngsters (even if we miss the playoffs) and I'd be more than happy for him to get a new contract

I think for me, finishing 14th again and only a handful appearances from players sub 22/23 would be failure. Improve league position and show that he can coach and improve the youngsters (even if we miss the playoffs) and I'd be more than happy for him to get a new contract

Primary target - promotion

Minimum target - top 6

• Moderators

what i would say is that if he is doing a job the folk who matter are happy with, we should be talking contracts with him pretty soon

that would be an indication of the clubs ambitions/expectations

• Moderators

Fair enough. The position I don't want us to end up in is us changing a manager every couple of years because we haven't got promoted but appreciate everyone has different views

rodgers is the third longest serving manager in the prem at 3 years

no doubt freedman is top half dozen in this one

Fair enough. The position I don't want us to end up in is us changing a manager every couple of years because we haven't got promoted but appreciate everyone has different views

Neither do I but that's not a good reason to keep someone either if indications are that he won't improve us and turn us into a successful team at some point

Otherwise we are just keeping someone to buck the trend as we don't like it; that doesn't necessarily make it best for the club

• Site Supporter

Logical thinking usually only applies when there's truth.

"Spunking fortunes" on Baptiste and Tierney? Really?

The cost-cutting has been in place for a long time, which is why I never even believed for one second last summer that we were in for Jordan Rhodes...

But you believe you have a more cutting insight into a football match you haven't seen than someone who has? And for what it's worth only the most wildly optimistic thought Rhodes would be signing for us.

Rhodes was a made up internet rumour and people still use it against the club. Madness.

Nobody is using it against the club you dozy fucker....but people are using the rumour against the supporters that believed it

Because it's never DF's fault, but often ours

• Site Supporter

We are a long way from promotion material at moment imo & I feel it's a big ask for next season, play off push & a feeling of good team spirit with a sprinkling of youth would do for me.

We are a long way from promotion material at moment imo & I feel it's a big ask for next season, play off push & a feeling of good team spirit with a sprinkling of youth would do for me.

Neither were Burnley and Derby in 2012/2013

This season was McClaren's first and Dyche's second....JSL

Edited by jules_darby

• Site Supporter

Neither were Burnley and Derby in 2012/2013

This season was McClaren's first and Dyche's second....JSL

Fair enough & I hope that's us next season & I acknowledge the jury is still out on DF but McClaren is a proven manager & Dyche didn't inherit a squad infested with Billy big time idlers.

Nobody is using it against the club you dozy fucker....but people are using the rumour against the supporters that believed it

Because it's never DF's fault, but often ours

You are just an out n out DF hater though. :D

I personally would like us to finish a bit higher and have a team of good youngsters playing that we can sell for profit and begin a big part of attracting lads to the club with the hope they can go on to bigger n better things

I personally would like us to finish a bit higher and have a team of good youngsters playing that we can sell for profit and begin a big part of attracting lads to the club with the hope they can go on to bigger n better things

That's the thing, I'm really not...I really, really wanted him to get it right

And I still do

But if he is to, he needs to learn hard and quickly from his mistakes.

I just get the gut feeling he's another arrogant, stubborn fucker that won't

He's done some good things but some of his decisions are completely inexplicable and I honestly feel without those we'd have pushed on last season; even with the nobheads in the squad etc

As I've said already I'm happy to see how the start of the season pans out under him, but I just get the feeling we're gonna have these ying and yang seasons all the time under him because I don't believe it's down to what people say are mitigating circumstances; I think that's just him

Happy to be prove wrong this season though

And...so far so good with pre-season and we are still in May, so it looks promising...

Burnley granted is an incredible achievement

McClaren is on record thanking Nigel Clough for building such a good team and blooding the youngsters, which took him a number of years

I know, it was a bit of a tongue in cheek comment

Do you reckon Derby would've gone up with Clough despite that work though? I don't....hence changing Manager is sometimes the right move

• Site Supporter

From what I've read Jules is where most fans are with DF, no sane fan would want him to fail but he still has a lot to prove.

I know, it was a bit of a tongue in cheek comment

Do you reckon Derby would've gone up with Clough despite that work though? I don't....hence changing Manager is sometimes the right move

No, they might well not have done as well as they have, McClaren has probably taken them on to a new level, he is a top coach, QPR were flying early doors when he was there