Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Plane Down- Again

Danny G

• Moderators

I don't like flying at best of times but there's fuck all chance I'd be getting on a flight to/from that area in the near future

off to dubai in jan

I guess this is what Russia get for going steaming in so hope we don't try and take out anymore isis before then

Internal flights are O.K. in Turkey decent security etc. Where you flying to? I go regularly and Istanbul hotels crawling with returning ISIS last time I was there, easy to spot them, one leg, one arm, one eye and shrapnel/bullet wounds. :)

Antalya, if it was a month earlier plenty of direct flights but we are meeting others in Instanbul hence the apparent need to meet there. 

Company we are going with have a deal with Turkish Airlines which again rules out the direct flights.

I go through Istanbul and Dubai regularly. Istanbul Ataturk airport has substantially increased the number of flights it handles in the last few years and expanded the airport by about an inch and a half. It is not at all a stress free airport, made worse by people with no shoes and socks on saying prayers in the corridors. I see why that British woman hung herself there the other week. The best £250 I spend each year is on a Priority Pass to get in the lounges. Food and ale included. Can't recommend it enough if you're a regular flyer. 

By the way Istanbul is one of the best cities in the world to visit.

Edited by Maggie Tate

Echo everything Maggie Tate has to say, about the lounges and Istanbul itself, amazing place. 

Secondly, Turkish Airlines have completely upped their game in the last few years, they really are up in the top 10 airlines right now.

Thirdly, No Balls, overflying isn't really an issue as the nutcases there haven't got missiles that can reach a flight at cruising altitude(at the moment). The specific risk at the moment is from somebody sneaking a bomb on board.

Edited by Con

You reckon? Crack on then. I'm still not bothering till after the new year.

Already booked South Africa and Mozambique and next year is already sorted. Perhaps we'll give it a go in 2017!

Do not think there will be nukes flying about, because not sure where you would aim one, but pretty sure Putin will react in way that no western politician would to this.

Someone./somewhere will get blasted like we have never seen before.

There are meant to be 3.5k Russian nationals fighting for ISIS and Putin would rather kill them in Syria than at home. I trust that this process will be accelerated now.

whereas we killed a couple the other week and folk were up in arms as they were nice lads really, just easily lead

Do not think there will be nukes flying about, because not sure where you would aim one, but pretty sure Putin will react in way that no western politician would to this.

Someone./somewhere will get blasted like we have never seen before.

I certainly believe he will react...the problem is it's not an easy enemy to take out, without taking out a shit load of innocent people. I don't doubt he'll end up saying "fuck it" and end up carpet bombing a massive expanse.

The sad thing is that ISIS can't really be defeated

whereas we killed a couple the other week and folk were up in arms as they were nice lads really, just easily lead

I was up in arms about it but only because there has to be a more cost effective way of eliminating these types rather than drone strikes. Maybe put some Ebola virus in their shoes when they leave them outside the mosque?

All these British moaning on the TV about the embassy and airlines because they have been stuck in Sharm airport for 3 days

A plane has been blown up for fuck sake, they are making sure the same doesn't happen to you, the same folk would be up in arms of the government did nothing and another british plane got blown up

Fucking hypocrites

Any road - Egypt has been on and off the 'only go there with extreme caution' list for years, that's why it's dirt cheap

Yet the cheapskates moan when they are the unlucky ones it turns sour on

If you can't afford a non dangerous holiday and are likely to moan like a bitch when it turns sour then stay at home and paint the fucking shed. Don't piss and moan when a plane gets blown up and your stranded for a few days

Wankers

Edited by birch-chorley