Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

This Ere Ice Bucket Challenge....

gonzo

If you could be arsed reading, you'd see that I'd been nominated.

Congratulations on it raising so much money. Really. But the people who do it NOW (not at the start) are doing it to keep up appearances, for attention-seeking, or for just getting their mates to do it too.

I actually bought and wore the charity wristbands, but I didn't nominate my friends to wear them. That's the difference for me.

Who cares why they are doing it?

It's raising money isn't it?

The whole idea of the nominations is to make people do it...which in turn leads to a donation.

How can this be perceived in anyway as a bad thing?

Loving the whole attention seeking vibe...how ironic.

• Site Supporter

I have done it as I was nominated and to be honest it really isn't my thing. But, I saw it as a bit of fun and whilst I was at it I could nominate some family members for a laugh too. Seriously, where is the harm? It will all be over with in a week and there will be large sums of money raised for charities in the process.

Snoopy, If you only do it when nominated by SOMEONE ELSE, how can that be you choosing to seek attention?

Because you then make a video proving you'll do it too and nominate more people.

The whole idea of the nominations is to make people do it...which in turn leads to a donation.

How can this be perceived in anyway as a bad thing?

Because some people don't want to, or can't, donate, and are made to feel like dicks by those who do.

It will all be over with in a week and there will be large sums of money raised for charities in the process.

It's already been going for TWO MONTHS. Maybe it's only been more recently in England? Perhaps that explains why you're all not sick to the back teeth of seeing this shit yet.

Because you then make a video proving you'll do it too and nominate more people.

Because some people don't want to, or can't, donate, and are made to feel like dicks by those who do.

It's already been going for TWO MONTHS. Maybe it's only been more recently in England? Perhaps that explains why you're all not sick to the back teeth of seeing this shit yet.

Woooooooosh