Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Fulham 4 Bolton 0

burnden

I think they're losing on purpose because they don't like him and it's only going to carry on until he's gone. We are not this shit, there is just no harmony in the squad

wouldnt go as far as to say losing on purpose but I dont think they are giving it 100%

A change needs to be made, the question again is who would come?

• Moderators

There's no way back from here for him surely now. Shame as I really wanted him to do well, not being able to back him with Dawson or Juke made things tough.

Don't think it will be at all easy for the next man assuming there is no change in budget but we need a boost from somewhere and sharpish.

sorry, kent, forgot you

ex mid was one as was garp

just waiting for two more for the full house

I don't know whether I'm one of the four or not, but I've backed Dougie throughout and tonight was the final nail in the coffin.

What worries me the most is that I can't see what he is trying to do anymore. Last season, I was happy to give him time because I thought he was trying to build a side based around all the youngsters he'd been signing. I thought this year, we'd start seeing this plan starting to come together and them beginning their integration into the squad. That's just not happened and youth seems just as unlikely to make the side as in Big Sam's day.

I still think it was right to give him every chance - otherwise we'd never have a chance of attracting anyone decent. Hate sides who are constantly hiring and firing. You have to be sure that it's not going to work, and now I'm sure. You get to a stage when there's no way back and I think we're at it with the Dougster.

Incidentally - and I'm by no means a Gartside hater, it might do the club a favour if he did step aside. He's a divisive presence at the club, and I think if he went, we could unite behind somebody with a new vision and a change of direction.

As to who we'd get in - I'm just glad I don't have to make the decision. Sadly, it looks like we need somebody with a track record of keeping teams in the Championship. Fuck knows who mind!

???????????? great post.

I don't know whether I'm one of the four or not, but I've backed Dougie throughout and tonight was the final nail in the coffin.

What worries me the most is that I can't see what he is trying to do anymore. Last season, I was happy to give him time because I thought he was trying to build a side based around all the youngsters he'd been signing. I thought this year, we'd start seeing this plan starting to come together and them beginning their integration into the squad. That's just not happened and youth seems just as unlikely to make the side as in Big Sam's day.

I still think it was right to give him every chance - otherwise we'd never have a chance of attracting anyone decent. Hate sides who are constantly hiring and firing. You have to be sure that it's not going to work, and now I'm sure. You get to a stage when there's no way back and I think we're at it with the Dougster.

Incidentally - and I'm by no means a Gartside hater, it might do the club a favour if he did step aside. He's a divisive presence at the club, and I think if he went, we could unite behind somebody with a new vision and a change of direction.

As to who we'd get in - I'm just glad I don't have to make the decision. Sadly, it looks like we need somebody with a track record of keeping teams in the Championship. Fuck knows who mind!

Agree with this. Hoped there would be some chances for youngsters and we also seemed to be trying to build with the ball from the back at the end of the season. This seemed to get quickly dumped after preseason though.

• Moderators

agreed with all your post cept this

most folk dont give a shit who the chairman is

a few bitter fcukers but theyre not worth worrying about and id hate to see us giving in to the mob

and this new direction you speak of

eddie davies is skippering the ship, not gartside

no more money, no new direction, imo

• Moderators

Agree with this. Hoped there would be some chances for youngsters and we also seemed to be trying to build with the ball from the back at the end of the season. This seemed to get quickly dumped after preseason though.

the two shining lights were threlkeld and kellet

threlkeld has looked proper dodgy and kellet has been fit enough to play 70 minutes all season

I don't know why I'm bothered but where was McNaughton tonight? And was Herd in midfield? Was this part of his 'keeping it simple, going back to basics' masterplan? Another guy just through the door thrown in...and another completely different midfield and forward line (if that's what you can call it?). It really is almost as though he's trying to force the issue and get his compo. Nobody could be this dumb, week after fucking week...could they?

agreed with all your post cept this

most folk dont give a shit who the chairman is

a few bitter fcukers but theyre not worth worrying about and id hate to see us giving in to the mob

and this new direction you speak of

eddie davies is skippering the ship, not gartside

no more money, no new direction, imo

I'm not a Gartside hater but he's had his time and no results won't improve because he's gone but he's presided over a club that's clearly in turmoil behind the scenes a club that many fans don't recognize and is very unpopular and a figure head for the demise of the club over the last few years, add to that a shocking record in selecting managers and it is really time he retired to his Cheshire mansion.

As long as Eddie Davies owns Bolton Wanderers,Phil Gartside is going nowhere.

He's the least of our worries anyway.

And besides...if we are struggling to find cash to sack a manager with 6 months left on his contract,where in Christ's name are we going to find money to form a redundancy package for a bloke who's on half a million quid a year and has been in his position for well over a decade?

I think they're losing on purpose because they don't like him and it's only going to carry on until he's gone. We are not this shit, there is just no harmony in the squad

In which I would sack everyone of them.

This is a crisis beyond belief at the club.