Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Fulham 4 Bolton 0

burnden

Interesting to get his perspective, majority of us are posting in anger

His perspective is irrelevant its simple his bad management has created a situation where he's lost the dressing room he knows it we know it and the players know it he's just waiting to be axed saying the right things awaiting his compo.

10 minutes into the match at Watford my Dad and I were saying that it looked like something was very very wrong with the team. No discussion between players at the breakdown and no instruction from the bench. How right we were!

• Moderators

In which I would sack everyone of them.

This is a crisis beyond belief at the club.

charlton just stopped short of calling out the players

dearden was determined to hang freedman but charlton wasnt having it

didnt make a case for freedman but made it clear in his opinion the players needed to take a long look at themselves

i prefer to believe its a lack of confidence than any deliberate attempt to fcuk over the manager

Everyone's a Fookin' expert.!!!

Usual, great day out ruined by football, when we saw the leaked team from the useless c*nt, it didn't take Einstein to tell us what was going to happen.

Great to see new/old people, but let's face facts, none of us expected anything from tonight, I'm just surprised it was that bad.

FOOK IT, MOVE ON (without freedman)

BOOOOORRRN TO BE A WAAAANDEREEEER....

Well , after listening to that.

He is floundering on a beach,gasping for breath like a bitter minnow looking up at a seagull ,which is about to swoop and put it out of its misery.

Or an injured little haggis waiting for a Grumpy Bat to sweep across the pitch from the ESL. Edited by embankment

I think he's a poor manager, who hasn't got enough experience at this level.

He got lucky at Palace and has now failed at Bolton.

However...

...his players also need to take a good long look at themselves and ask themselves if they're putting enough in to it.

it can't all be Gartside's fault or Dougie's fault.

Jesus wept - what a bleeding mess.

I was there in the 80's and it was bad at times then but this feels worse and could get worse yet unless some action us taken quickly.

I feel sorry for the loyal fans who travelled there tonight.

I've listened to the interview with Jack D, Dougie sounds more bloody clueless by the second, he needs to go now we are heading for league 1 & he is turning us into a laughing stock, I can't believe that he will be in charge on Saturday.

I think that slimeballl Gartside is getting off lightly, it was his appointment and ED should be firing him off too.

Rant over its bedtime.

Deary me, that was worse than shit. The players look dejected, Freedman is out of touch with his players and has now come out and stated that they arent good enough.

The guy hasn't got a scooby what to do and relegation is a certainty under his 'leadership'. A change needs to be made with the international break approaching, give the new guy a little time to get to know the players and start a fresh with new ideas.

Leave freedman in charge much longer and the gap between relegation and safety will be too difficult to recover.

Edited by Keith Lard

Just seen the goals - bloody awful too many players look like they could not give a shit. This lot a fucking disgrace to our beloved Wanderers.

Apart from the Druggie Palace safety blanket dickheads, you can't blame the players!

In one week, out the next, in, out, shake it all about......you do the Dougie okey dokey & you shake it all around, that's what the fools all about!

Oooo, the dougie okey coockey, ooooo, the dougie okey coockey!

You're playing well, so I'll drop you anyhow, that's what I'm all about!

Just back in our hotel via a fruitless attempt to get a beer down the Kings Road. Wrote a rather lengthy post to sum up the whole evening and situation and then pressed the wrong bastard button and lost the lot. Rather summed up the situation.

In short, I've been a fan since 93/94ish (I'm 28 next month), but my mrs was taken along by her dad as a baby in the 80's and she's never been more devastated than she was at half time tonight. Kicked my apathy right up the arse.

They're not playing for their manager and when that happens, you've got to pull the trigger. When the manager comes out and says the players he brought in are not good enough, his time's up. Surely even the most optimistic would see that.

I fully expect him to be potted late morning. I was in the camp of letting him go 12 months ago when it was clear he was too clever for his own good, his tactics were bizarre as well as his desire to distance himself from the players (got that last bit from a first teamer). But I accept he needed time to turn things around which he has had.

I'm very disappointed in Jay Spearing to be honest. I thought he would step up to the role of captain but not only is his passing and movement consistently poor, he's gone missing on the pitch as a leader.

I'm not sure who the right manager is really, most candidates have had success and failure at their previous clubs so it's a gamble whatever. The key ingredients are ability to nurture youth, get the buy-in of the seniors in a mentoring capacity with the emphasis on developing a side capable of mounting a promotion challenge within 3-5 years. 

With a stable wage bill, secured debt, there being no expectations from the fans for promotion in the short-term and with a reasonably strong squad, despite what Freedman says, I think Bolton is an attractive proposition. I would be happy with Nigel Clough. He commands respect, has experience at this level, the football is attractive and he is long-term thinking with youth development. Fans expectations have probably changed since the time when Dougie was appointed. It was a question of who can get us up, now it's who can keep us in the league and help develop a platform for long-term stability and success.