Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton V Bournemouth

gonzo

aye, maybe they could find out where that 50 quid you invested 'to help the club' went

You do come out with some weird sh*t, Cas.

There are stories behind what's gone on at BWFC over the last 15 years - unlike what some think, debts of £160m aren't just something 'we find ourselves' with. I doubt we'll ever get the truth from those in charge, so that leaves us with ......

That's not saying they've done anything deliberately wrong, but that still leaves plenty to be explained.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I support BWFC - the football club. I always have, I always will. Which means I want what's best for the club. I wanted SL, OC, DF and even GM to be successful managers for us - it didn't work out. I support all the players we have and have had - I want them to be successful for us. Same goes for ED & PG. But owners, chairmen, directors, managers, coaching staff, ticket office staff, players, tealadies are all temporary. So if & when the sh*t hits the fan, it's a supporter's job to push for change in the best interests of the club. It happens at all clubs, from Real Madrid and ManU down into non-league. What's baffling is why some people think BWFC are an exception.

When the founders of Christ Church FC decided things weren't going so well with the vicar insisting being at every meeting, they took drastic action. They moved out, voted for a name change, and here we are today - 140 years after CCFC was formed. They didn't sit around saying 'don't criticise', 'don't ask difficult questions'.

There you are. Lesson over. It's not so difficult, is it, unless you've got your beer goggles on.

• Moderators

You do come out with some weird sh*t, Cas.

There are stories behind what's gone on at BWFC over the last 15 years - unlike what some think, debts of £160m aren't just something 'we find ourselves' with. I doubt we'll ever get the truth from those in charge, so that leaves us with ......

That's not saying they've done anything deliberately wrong, but that still leaves plenty to be explained.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I support BWFC - the football club. I always have, I always will. Which means I want what's best for the club. I wanted SL, OC, DF and even GM to be successful managers for us - it didn't work out. I support all the players we have and have had - I want them to be successful for us. Same goes for ED & PG. But owners, chairmen, directors, managers, coaching staff, ticket office staff, players, tealadies are all temporary. So if & when the sh*t hits the fan, it's a supporter's job to push for change in the best interests of the club. It happens at all clubs, from Real Madrid and ManU down into non-league. What's baffling is why some people think BWFC are an exception.

When the founders of Christ Church FC decided things weren't going so well with the vicar insisting being at every meeting, they took drastic action. They moved out, voted for a name change, and here we are today - 140 years after CCFC was formed. They didn't sit around saying 'don't criticise', 'don't ask difficult questions'.

There you are. Lesson over. It's not so difficult, is it, unless you've got your beer goggles on.

so go on

this change

what do you want to see

spit it out...

At the risk of speaking for him, he probably wants some leadership, some financial savvy, so we don't allow debts of £163m to build up in the first place - which we then dismiss as meaningless anyway; some proper dialogue with the fans, rather than hiding away, not making a decision which should have been made a year ago and then putting in charge we know not who. He probably doesn't have all the answers, like others on here claim to, but he knows when something is shit and shouldn't be allowed to continue. That's what I reckon, but correct me if I'm wrong, Rembrandt.

Edited by davidjack

• Moderators

At the risk of speaking for him, he probably wants some leadership...some financial savvy, so we don't allow debts of £163m to build up in the first place - which we then dismiss as meaningless anyway; some proper dialogue with the fans, rather than hiding away, not making a decision which should have been made a year ago and then putting in charge we know not who. He probably doesn't have all the answers, like others on here claim to, but he knows when something is shit and shouldn't be allowed to continue. That's what I reckon, but correct me if I'm wrong, Rembrandt.

the debt exists, its too late to stop it happening

seeing as we haven had what you think R wants under the current leadership til now and assuming it isnt going to start any time soon, what then

its alright 'wanting this' and 'wanting that' what are you going to do if you get told you cant have it

its alright this idealistic world you live in, until you have to come up with real world solutions

Are you saying Phil Gartside is the only person who could do this job? Really? There aren't better qualified people out there? People who've not pissed their company's profits up the wall and run up huge debts? And taken big bonuses out for themselves year after year? Because if you are, I don't believe you.

Are you saying Phil Gartside is the only person who could do this job? Really? There aren't better qualified people out there? People who've not pissed their company's profits up the wall and run up huge debts? And taken big bonuses out for themselves year after year? Because if you are, I don't believe you.

"Taken big bonuses out"?

He doesn't own the club, does he?

Guest pansyroadwhite

Pissed off with all the manager crap now seeing us bottom of the table makes me nervous, i just want a win today 3 precious points, f**k Gartside lets just back the team (for want of a better word for this rabble) 

At the risk of speaking for him, he probably wants some leadership, some financial savvy, so we don't allow debts of £163m to build up in the first place - which we then dismiss as meaningless anyway; some proper dialogue with the fans, rather than hiding away, not making a decision which should have been made a year ago and then putting in charge we know not who. He probably doesn't have all the answers, like others on here claim to, but he knows when something is shit and shouldn't be allowed to continue. That's what I reckon, but correct me if I'm wrong, Rembrandt.

the club were accused of having no ambition when they were over spending and creating this 160 million debt.

See earlier posts. We didn't spend £163m on fees and wages. Our wage bill was lower than our turnover. We did hugely undersell some of our best players (Anelka, Cahill, Nolan) - but that didn't just happen. Gartside sanctioned those sales. Compare with Wigan's approach. The man's a charlatan who's been found out. We can and should do better.

Edited by davidjack

See earlier posts. We didn't spend £163m on fees and wages. Our wage bill was lower than our turnover. We hugely undersold some of our best players (Anelka, Cahill, Nolan) - but that didn't just happen. Gartside sanctioned those sales. Compare with Wigan's approach. The man's a charlatan who's been found out. We can and should do better.

So come on then, again, tell us where the 163 million went?

• Site Supporter

I'd love to fucking know! That's my point.

Make your fucking mind up

You say here that you've no idea yet 2 posts further back you claim to know

Have you got all the KFC gravy stains out of your onesie for later?

You seem to have a peculiar fascination with onesies, Spider.

I stated some facts about wages and turnover and fees...and pointed out that those figures didn't add up to anything like £163m. I then said I therefore didn't know where the money had gone. Shall I speak more slowly for you?