Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Dougie Freedman Sacked

burnden

What the next few games should tell us is how much he had lost the players or how bad we really are.

If there is an immediate and significant improvement it will be very welcome.

However, it will reflect badly on the player's attitude towards the club and fans.

• Moderators

Will those who had said they won't step foot into the stadium until he's gone be in attendance or will their new excuse be Gartside?

I think we all know that they'll only be back once we are playing the Man Utds and Chelseas.

Just spent all morning ripping up one of the wifes best bed sheet :blush:Ā  and painted FREEDMAN OUT on it !! Ā Fucked now !!

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Grandad (Rochdale Whites)

Just spent all morning ripping up one of the wifes best bed sheet :blush:Ā  and painted FREEDMAN OUT on it !! Ā Fucked now !!

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Grandad (Rochdale Whites)

Put a line through Freedman and replace underneath with Gartside.

• Moderators

Can we just pull together FFS

I've got nothing in common with people who've taken pleasure in our decline. Zero. People who've done nothing but knock the club for years. They can fuck off. I'm not pulling together with them now, or ever.

Yep

Ā 

Already the responses are along the lines of: "who are we going to boo now"...."you all have unrealistic expectations"..."be careful what you wish for"....

Ā 

Can we just pull together FFS

Agree 100% Im glad he's gone but I'm not rejoicing we have a long uphill battle to get the club on even keel and to return the club to the traditions and close knit club we were under Bruce and Sam, the fans have a massive part and a big responsibility in helping to restore our pride let's not moan for moaning sake this isn't going to be a picnic we need to stand together and hope we can get Eddie to slightly open his wallet, the rewards for all pulling together will be great, the consequences of failing to pull together I do not wish to consider. Thanks to Eddie for pulling the trigger and paying DF off and I hope that we can all do our little bit to support Eddie in restoring better times. Edited by Mounts Kipper

Heard the same from the horses mouth matt.

Ā 

I'm sure it will all come out now he's gone.

Ā 

Anyway,like Jules says can we not just pull together??

Ā 

The fans didnt get freedman sacked,he did a perfectly good job of that himself. The fans were more than patient with him.

Ā 

All this hounding out stuff is complete bollocks.

I've got nothing in common with people who've taken pleasure in our decline. Zero. People who've done nothing but knock the club for years. They can fuck off. I'm not pulling together with them now, or ever.

And that's fair enough

Ā 

But the "knocking the knockers" crowd on here are lumping many in with that crowd that have had credible concerns

Ā 

Either way; how powerful can it be if we are all behind them....draw a line in the sand and let's just be a club as one

Guest pansyroadwhite

Heard the same from the horses mouth matt.

Ā 

I'm sure it will all come out now he's gone.

Ā 

Anyway,like Jules says can we not just pull together??

Ā 

The fans didnt get freedman sacked,he did a perfectly good job of that himself. The fans were more than patient with him.

Ā 

Ā 

Agreed only real protests were last week, his lack of results cost him his job

Edited by pansyroadwhite

"Dougie has worked tirelessly off the field to improve the infrastructure of the football club," said Wanderers chairman Paul Gartside.

"Unfortunately recent results on the pitch have not reflected all his work off it.

"The club has faced a difficult time following our relegation from the Premier League, and Dougie has helped to restructure the club in order for it to become successful again under ever-tightening constraints.

"I would like to thank Dougie personally for all his commitment and efforts for Bolton Wanderers."

Ā 

Can't say fairer than that,Phil

Ā 

Looking back at that article in the independent last week,dougie knew the writing was on the wall but had overseen a massive shift in financial structure at the football club.

Ā 

Not an easy job for anyone,and not the job he came here to do,I think that's pretty clear.

Ā 

Fair enough for seeing that through Doug,but it's a results business.

Ā 

Wish him all the best I really do. He should go and make a club his own in league 2 or summet.

"Dougie has worked tirelessly off the field to improve the infrastructure of the football club," said Wanderers chairman Paul Gartside.

"Unfortunately recent results on the pitch have not reflected all his work off it.

"The club has faced a difficult time following our relegation from the Premier League, and Dougie has helped to restructure the club in order for it to become successful again under ever-tightening constraints.

"I would like to thank Dougie personally for all his commitment and efforts for Bolton Wanderers."

Ā 

Can't say fairer than that,Phil

Ā 

Looking back at that article in the independent last week,dougie knew the writing was on the wall but had overseen a massive shift in financial structure at the football club.

Ā 

Not an easy job for anyone,and not the job he came here to do,I think that's pretty clear.

Ā 

Fair enough for seeing that through Doug,but it's a results business.

Ā 

Wish him all the best I really do. He should go and make a club his own in league 2 or summet.

Or stood in his ivory tower star gazing while his castle burnt down ......