Jump to content
Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games


superjohnmcginlay
 Share

Recommended Posts

Nowt to do with us at all, but a remarkable sounding match at Swansea.

The home team went 2 up inside the first 20 minutes. It stayed that way until added time in the second half. It went to 2-1 on 93m, then 2-2 on 95m with a goal being the last kick of the game. 

Both late goals were own goals.

I bet 25% of attendees weren't still there at that stage. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
1 hour ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Nowt to do with us at all, but a remarkable sounding match at Swansea.

The home team went 2 up inside the first 20 minutes. It stayed that way until added time in the second half. It went to 2-1 on 93m, then 2-2 on 95m with a goal being the last kick of the game. 

Both late goals were own goals.

I bet 25% of attendees weren't still there at that stage. 

These Millwall fans had already been to McDonald's 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/ChVdVW-Kheb/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

 Vegan drains are crap. 

If memory serves me right, they only water their pitch using collected rainwater. No rainwater, no watering the pitch. No watering the pitch, goes rock hard and can’t absorb anything in a downpour like last night. Relegate the carrot crunching bastards, I say. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
5 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

If the pitch was too hard before the start, they wouldn't have played either. Like in the frost.

Dunno about their place, but I saw some pictures of the rain at Grimsby, and it was biblical. 

As it has been this afternoon at the cricket. 

 

A bit like Plymouth last season? Strange, we’d have loved that game to have been abandoned. (With 20/20 hindsight, obviously)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I suppose so- I know the ref went rolling the ball about at Grimsby, and it wouldn't move in places. Given it was still pelting down, he called it off.

Presumably the ref did likewise at Plymouth?

No, that was the issue. Their third goal was entirely due to the ball stopping in a puddle. I reckon the pitch was as bad as our home game v Zenit St Petersburg.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MickyD said:

No, that was the issue. Their third goal was entirely due to the ball stopping in a puddle. I reckon the pitch was as bad as our home game v Zenit St Petersburg.

If we weren't getting dicked at Plymouth at the time I think that would have been in real danger

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I suppose so- I know the ref went rolling the ball about at Grimsby, and it wouldn't move in places. Given it was still pelting down, he called it off.

Presumably the ref did likewise at Plymouth?

 

2 hours ago, MickyD said:

No, that was the issue. Their third goal was entirely due to the ball stopping in a puddle. I reckon the pitch was as bad as our home game v Zenit St Petersburg.

at Plymouth it only started coming down later on at 2-0 so may as well finish it off I guess

Grimsby was still in the first half and 0-0

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Zico said:

 

at Plymouth it only started coming down later on at 2-0 so may as well finish it off I guess

If it was a fixture between two teams more local to eachother I think it would have gone (same with Zenit).

I'm glad they didn't abandon it and put us through doing that trip again anyway!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Marc505 said:

If it was a fixture between two teams more local to eachother I think it would have gone (same with Zenit).

I'm glad they didn't abandon it and put us through doing that trip again anyway!

Oh, I don’t know. That Starbucks Coffee ain’t gonna drink itself, you know!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not a game but  Gibbs-white 42 million pounds !    Worlds gone madder than mad.   Think that puts forest spending to 150 mill-ish.    Highest spending promoted to premier club I think 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
6 hours ago, Zico said:

 

at Plymouth it only started coming down later on at 2-0 so may as well finish it off I guess

Grimsby was still in the first half and 0-0

Makes sense. I was intrigued by the early abandonment so had a read up, anticipating a lightning strike buggering up the floodlights.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, tomski said:

This Morgan Gibbs White transfer is maybe the most ridiculous of them all. No wonder the rest of the leagues cock emselves and use the prem as leverage. £44.5m hahaha.

Its a joke isn't it.  And Cucurella £60mil, Martinez to Utd £57mil, what are they seeing.

I've nothing against Forest and they've got a good manager, but I've gone from hoping they stop up to thinking I'd quite like them to go down with a load of players they are struggling to either offload or pay the wages of.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Forest had no option. Lost some of their squad from last season so had to rebuild.

We don't know what's in the contracts with regards to relegation etc so they may well have built in contingencies. 

You're probably right, I'd just like to think they've given out stupid contracts gambling on stopping up!  I get they needed some new players, but the game's gone mad if there was no option but to spend £35mil or whatever on Gibbs White, that's 16 new signings and surely they had a few left from last season that deserved a chance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's gone from excitement to bewilderment to hang on a minute this is getting a bit odd now for the Forest in laws here. Signing number 16 this and still not finished. They could really do with not getting relegated!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

It's gone from excitement to bewilderment to hang on a minute this is getting a bit odd now for the Forest in laws here. Signing number 16 this and still not finished. They could really do with not getting relegated!

Theyve possibly looked at Fulham, Norwich etc spending very little on a couple of players after promotion and getting relegated without so much of a whimper and thought we've got the money let's make a real go of this rather than banking the cash and accepting their fate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.