Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/tyne-wear-derby-police-reveal-sunderland-8263651#ICID=sharebar_facebook

Sunderland fans can make their own way to Newcastle and go where they want.

It's going to be carnage.

If this isn't a way of getting the ban total up for France 2016 I don't know what is.

"The Northumbria Police officer believes festive cheer, coupled with the generosity Black Cats fans displayed following the plane crash deaths of NUFC followers John Alder and Liam Sweeney, will create a new atmosphere of mutual respect between supporters."

Mega lolz

Where's that bloke boxing the police horse?

• Moderators

"The Northumbria Police officer believes festive cheer, coupled with the generosity Black Cats fans displayed following the plane crash deaths of NUFC followers John Alder and Liam Sweeney, will create a new atmosphere of mutual respect between supporters."

Mega lolz

Where's that bloke boxing the police horse?

unless Sunderland win:

edit: traf posted the pic first

so here's a video

and an old pic of geordies and mackams:

Newcastle_United_NUFC_Fans_Sunderland_60

Edited by ZicoKelly

That's a cracking picture. No wonder atmospheres were better when folk were packed in like that. I'd love to be on the Paddock for a big game one last time.

Saw one of the best photos i've ever seen of a football ground today. An amazing black and white photo of Stamford Bridge from the 50's, maybe earlier. It was taken from outside the ground, above the stands, when it was all terracing. I'll post it if i can find it online.

Here it is. The 1921 FA Cup final between Wolves and Spurs at Stamford Bridge. The one i saw was taken from a slightly different angle than this. You could see the railway line behind the old main stand. I wish i could find one like this of Burnden.

23rd-April-1921-The-FA-Cup-Final-in-prog

Garbutt who we've been linked with looks decent going forward at least and he's got a great left peg and delivery.

Out of contract end of season, make of break for him with us.

I like him, belter left peg, and a looks comy defending so far, yet un-tested.

Edited by Pablo

Great photo COYW. I wonder what the big hill is in the background cant remember any hills in that area now?

The actual photo is even better. It's more panoramic which means the whole of the terrace to the left of the Shed End is included, as well as the railway line behind the main stand on the right of the frame. There's also a bit more depth to it so you can see people milling around outside the ground as well as the crowd inside. I think it's probably been retouched as well as it's a lot sharper than the one i posted.