Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Norwich 1 Bolton 0

captainmed

I quite like Mills. No nonsense defender will stick his head in anywhere.

Having said that, his judgement for the first goal was shocking. He shouldn't of tried to challenge for the header as he was never going to win it. He should have stood off him, leaving him self better positioned for the ongoing attack.

Worse case is he should have pulled Jerome down. He'd of got a yellow card and conceded a free kick 45 yards from goal but that would have been a lot better than a striker having a one on one. His distribution is crap too, he needs to fuck off the Hollywood balls and concentrate on defending, then let the midfield worry about play making. A long thump towards Beckford to challenge in the air for is useless.

I think Wheater is our best defender, and the sooner he's back the better.

Beckford can get to fuck.

Mills has a lot of flaws which are overlooked because he's got this image of being a tough no nonsense defender.

He attacks balls in the opposition box better than he defends them in ours. He's slow and he gives the ball away all the time.

He was definately at fault for the first goal and made a mistake just before half time in his own box that could of cost another goal.

Nobody seems to have picked up that Mills was marking Jerome on the corner they scored. He loses his man and then stops tracking him. Dervite doesn't even know he's there as he comes from behind him. Dervite's attempt at clearing was poor but Mills shouldn't of kept close to Jerome.

I was disappointed last night.

Mills made some poor decision making.

Spearings passing was awful.

The movement up front was poor to none existant.

Chungy & Davies kept on running into the same spaces centrally.

The tempo was a lot slower than the last 3 games.

We took far too many touches when a first time pass would have been better.

2 steps forward, 1 step back.

I'll put it down to a bad day at the office.

Hopefully this'll be a kick up the Arse needed to get 6 points from the next 2 home games.

This re Baptiste. Rovers player of the month last month, agent already making noises about his deal being made permanent, according to my mate at work.

Is he out of contract at the end of this season or does he have another year left?

Spearings been one of the best players on the pitch for the last 3 games.

He's proven how good he can be in this league and gives us this 'grit' that everybody desires.

Not one of our other options in centre mid is even close to Spearing when he's playing close to his best.

Why there seems to be this sudden consensus that he needs to be dropped is beyond me. I really hope the reason he went off was a knock and he's back in the team for Tuesday.

Agree with that but he was bad last night; wouldn't like to see him dropped though

As for Beckford he can just fuck off and hopefully he has been given his chance and we wont see him every again

Like to see Medo given another chance

Think Lennon has given all his 'non loan 'players a chance .Beckford won't play on Tuesday& I would expect to see Moxey at left back . Mcnaughton & Mason won't be available injured or not as its v Cardiff so Threlkeld will keep his place due to lack of options...going to need an inspired performance to get anything out of this game...

Does that make NL a "moaning negative fucker", Mounts ?

Or just a realist, compared to the last mon.

????

A measured and intelligent interview with well thought out valid points of view, the moaning negative fuckers just spout he's shit, their shit,were shit, muppets most of them. The last mon rather not comment. Edited by Mounts Kipper

Baptiste became untrustworthy and stupid, giving away penalties all the time, 3 in a row, scored a few though, doubt we'd get that from our current defenders bar Mills.

Baptiste was probably the one who was hung out to dry more than anyone eise in the squad by Freedman, he should be ashamed of how he treated Baptiste it was a lesson in how not to handle a player.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

After looking back I feel like some have said that it wasn't that bad last night. It's blatant that we are certainly lacking upfront. Our final 3rd passing accuracy dipped to just 60% whilst Norwichs stayed at a constant 76% throughout. Just that bit more quality needed. Not forgetting I feel we have a shit defence and although his whole hearted approach is applauded i feel Mills is the weak link. Too slow and clumsy.

A hat trick of good posts there Mounts. Lennons interview was spot on.Baptiste had some stinkers, but was made to carry the collective can in a lot of matches, and that photoshopped poppy even has a photoshopped crease in the leaf. And a shadow. They think of everything conspiracy theorists

Baptiste won't be bought by Blackburn if they, as predicted, fail FFP rules, as they will have a transfer embargo placed upon them, so either he comes back here or another club shows an interest in him

Are options limited at fullback on both sides so let's get him back here give him another chance were bottom of league and he's performing well for a top 6 team, bet were subsidizing his wages as well. That's Freedman for you an absolute nob head.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Are options limited at fullback on both sides so let's get him back here give him another chance were bottom of league and he's performing well for a top 6 team, bet were subsidizing his wages as well. That's Freedman for you an absolute nob head.

Agreed, I wonder if you ca get someone back fro a season long loan if you have injuries etc..am sure you can do that under certain circumstances?

I just knew you wanted to comment on the last mon.