Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 3 Fulham 1

Horwich

It's soul destroying. At home with like minded people still awake from the night before you think it'll be reet. It's only when you get on the train you realise you're a mess.

By the time I got to Scotts for a pint I was as close to finding a new hobby as I ever have.

Don't think I made eye contact with anyone all day.

Edit:I've done the same with work on a Saturday too. Grim!

Same for Norwich at home when Stellios scored a cracker from about 30 yards.

I'd been to Godskitchen the night before.

Awful haha

Bugger me, i had us playing Watford Tuesday and Fulham sat. Happy im wrong though, as I think we are more likely to beat Fulham, who arent too clever away, hopefully gaining some confidence for saturday. Apparently Watford scabbed it against Blackburn too. Be happy with 4 points from the two, delighted with 6.

3-1  Tuesday, ALF Clough and someone else tuesday.

Bit worried if Mills and Wheater aren't fit. The number of injuries just now is unbelievable.

Millwall's defeat yesterday was a relief - we stayed seven points above the relegation zone. I reckon we're going to need late 40s or 50 points to stay up. In our current run of form and with injuries stacking up it isn't an out and out formality. Hopefully my slight concerns will be eased with some points this week - but this deluge of injuries won't help.

Bit worried if Mills and Wheater aren't fit. The number of injuries just now is unbelievable.

Millwall's defeat yesterday was a relief - we stayed seven points above the relegation zone. I reckon we're going to need late 40s or 50 points to stay up. In our current run of form and with injuries stacking up it isn't an out and out formality. Hopefully my slight concerns will be eased with some points this week - but this deluge of injuries won't help.

I think 55 is average safety. Malcolm will know.

Just realised I'm in bloody London till 6:30

No way am I gonna get a train back in time

Poor planning!

I arrive in Manchester at 7; hope the traffic is OK

It has been 55 on some occasions but as low as 45 as well. Would be surprised if the average is as high as 55.

My mistake.

Over last 20 seasons or so, I have average of 47 for 22nd place. Lowest 40 some 3 years back. Highest 54 just 2 years ago.

Average 50 for 21st. Lowest 44. Highest 55.

55 would be around 17th on average.

So, would depend whether average season or exceptional. Some strong clubs in trouble just now, so could need higher than average total.

Edited by Rembrandt

If higher than average, you can say probably 50 points needed which means we need four wins and some draws from the last seven games. That's surely got to be very do-able. Its the current injury list that brings an element of the jitters. Want those 16 points as soon as possible to allow laughter in comfort at Wigan and Blackpool.

I doubt we'll get the points soon, given all the injuries plus new players to be bedded in. We'll get them mostly from mid-March, I reckon.

I'm not seriously looking down though. Even with all the injuries & FFP (?) bollox, I''m confident NL can have us around 10th to 12th when it matters.