Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 3 Fulham 1

Horwich

Janko struggled as a right wing back.

Folk in the Nsl giving him grief Etc

Once we switched to 442 with Vela at right back he looked a decent prospect plenty of pace and a good delivery.

ALF could have had 3/4, what their keeper and defence were fucking about for is beyond me.

Bannan looked a good find.

Ream was brilliant and put hos body on the line for the team.

The Fulham goal was shabby organisation from the set piece

Tale of two halves.

Impressed with Janko when he pushed further up. His confidence grew. Cracker of a finish and nice cross for Eidur.

Alf worked hard up top and deserved a goal for his workrate.

McMessi in the middle. Like him.

Hats off to Lennon. He has managed to patch up a team out of not very much and ground out a good in the end.

Imagine what he could do with another 6 or 7 fit players.

The improvement came after the switch to 442 after the Flum goal

When you can change a formation to change a performance and deficit score you've got something, a squad that can win any game infront of them. That should be Lennons most satisfying move of the night, it's something nobody since FSA has been able to do. :)

Unhappy about the nature of our defending for their goal. But other than that, what I saw for 70 minutes was impressive. Had to leave early but fully expected us to win the game as we were definitely the team pushing for it.

Bannan grew into the game. I was half ready for naming him "Barry Bad'un" - but definitely looks a great acquisition. Thought Feeney had one of his best games to date. Ream was busy and looking like the next name on the injury list!

Enjoyed that thought feeney and janko were tireless and constantly took it to their full backs some muppets having a go at feeney near us saying he doesn't run - what!!! sometimes his delivery doesn't come off but he always shows for it and keeps going - cracking finish by eidur after an iffy half and Danzy was frustratingly sloppy but all in all great to get a good win well done lads - Lenny I fookin love you

Edited by onlyoneawalker