Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 3 Watford 4

globaldiver

Aye, I get that

But I'm a fan not a fcuking manager

Nobody in that ground at 3 3 was thinking take the point

Everybody should've been caught up in a fantastic game of football

Aye i remember you expressing similar sentiments when Coyle was in charge. All about the entertainment you.

We lost a game that could have gone either way with two teams going at it, scoring some really good goals in the process - cant argue with that. Coining a cliché, it was a great advert for this league and exactly why I love being in it.

Gutted to lose as I am any game, but that was proper value for money football - the likes of which Ive seen in barely fits and starts in the last few years. Its a pleasure going to home games at the moment, never thought Id be saying that!

• Site Supporter

Current issues imo

Fullbacks dont do enough to stop crosses

Centre backs lose their men on crosses and balls over the top

Midfield are not tight enough on the edge of our box

Although we missed a couple of chances to wrap the game up yesterday, we scored 3 goals.

We have shipped a lot goals recently and we need to sort that ASAP

• Site Supporter

Here's a thought

Maybe in training on Monday, Danns is told he occasionally holds the ball up a fraction too long.

He works on that, and a solution for a week or two, and comes back a better player?

It's like some of you never have to alter what you do in your jobs FFS.

Some players don't need to be able to run at 100mph to be worthy of a place in the team.

If this was the 16th century, half our squad would be floating in the nearest pond after every game with their toes tied to their fingers if some of you had your way.

F

U

C

K

I

N

G

H

E

L

L

Edited by Spider

Has anyone else woken up this morning and still said to themselves what a cracking game that was, not had this feeling for a while.

Yes to "I feel good"

No, to not having had this feeling for a while; had it much more often in recent months

Has anyone else woken up this morning and still said to themselves what a cracking game that was, not had this feeling for a while.

Just watched the highlights again. What a great game. I felt tired myself after it so no wonder nearly every player dropped to the floor at the full time whistle. We were saying after the game what a good game if was, how often do you say that after a defeat?

Just watched the highlights again. What a great game. I felt tired myself after it so no wonder nearly every player dropped to the floor at the full time whistle. We were saying after the game what a good game if was, how often do you say that after a defeat?

Yep. I may have been slipped a pill just before kick off. Not come down yet.

It was a great game yesterday. When was the last time we conceded four at home and still got cheered off ?

We've got to stop pissing goals in though. The good thing is we are scoring goals too. Alf and ZC have come in and could be our new Walker and McGinley, or Worthington and Gowling.

In other news my bet has come off the fridge.

Am I the only one disappointed we lost?

No, I think everyone is disappointed to lose, but there is more than one way of losing a game.

Under previous regimes, we'd have conceded more and scored less against Watford yesterday, it would have been another Reading.

I'm disappointed we lost and to be honest I don't really care it was a good game I'm just annoyed we let it slip from 2-1 and then 3-3.

On Danns, we don't have another midfield player who can do the job he does. And its harsh to be too critical when he's trying to do all the tackling in midfield with no help from anyone else.

He made a mistake on the last goal but isn't the only one. Wheater and Vela had shockers. All in all it shows where we need to improve for next season. Watford are decent but we have to be able to nullify sides like that for periods of games and we couldn't at all at any point yesterday. Free flowing end to end is ok but you don't go up unless you can grind things out at times against good sides with lots of pace and flair. And we look lacking in that department.

Am I the only one disappointed we lost?

I'm disappointed we lost. I'm disappointed we let four in, again. But I'm not disappointed in our attitude, and the way we kept going for ninty odd minutes, and the way our forwards are scoring every week.

A few months ago one nil down to Watford would have got to two or three down. Crowd unhappy, team booed off, this site in meltdown.

We've come on a treat since Lenny came. The team, the crowd, everything.

Onward and upward. Next season now of course.