Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Donald Dead Cat On Is Head Trump

little whitt

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Youri McAnespie said:

And now you've added the educationally disadvantaged (Woodside) to your hate-list - nice one.

Ironic really that Woodside, formerly for the educationally disadvantaged has now become the prep-school for the early education of the massively advantaged kids eventually going to Bolton School.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, deane koontz said:

Always heard people going on about Woodside when I was kid, they made it seem like some mythical place for wrong uns. 

It used to be “the backward school” in the days when educationally subnormal (ESN) was an acceptable term. There was another one at Crowthorne above Edgworth.

6 hours ago, MickyD said:

Ironic really that Woodside, formerly for the educationally disadvantaged has now become the prep-school for the early education of the massively advantaged kids eventually going to Bolton School.

It's massively overrated.

Especially considering the cost.

Hardly any go on to Oxbridge...

They used to do swimming lessons on a Saturday.

There was a photo of Anthony Royle in the foyer - he won sommat playing Badminton for the school, what fucking schools play in Badminton tournaments?

I took my nephew to one of these lessons once when his parents had sommat else on.

He must've been 30 times at a tenner a pop, still couldn't swim a stroke, and the pool was rammed with kids, they could barely move.

Half of them were walking across just doing arms when doing widths.

He was one of the walkers.

Talk about money for old rope.

Bag of shite.

I taught him at Bury Baths over about four Sundays, by the fourth he could dive in and everything.

I'm available for private tuition - I'll give your kids a thumbs up.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

6 hours ago, MickyD said:

Is it not also a school for kids who struggle to fit in with the teaching at regular schools.  I'm thinking kids with apsergers for example.

• Site Supporter
23 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Is it not also a school for kids who struggle to fit in with the teaching at regular schools.  I'm thinking kids with apsergers for example.

No, I don’t think so. We couldn’t possibly have Tarquin and Jemima pay for an education others get for not fitting into mainstream education for whatever reason.

• Site Supporter
29 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Just looked at their website. It seems Special Educational Needs are catered for but at a cost. january-2019-inclusion-sen-policy-cl-pdf

19 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Just looked at their website. It seems Special Educational Needs are catered for but at a cost. january-2019-inclusion-sen-policy-cl-pdf

I'm pretty sure a son of my missus' friend goes there, and would be surprised if she's forking out a fortune.  Presumably this can be funded from elsewhere?  The lad is clever as fuck, as is often the case.  He was at Turton I think but was a disruptive nightmare because everything was too easy and therefore too boring.

Just now, MickyD said:

The former Woodside and now Bolton Prep School is a nursery and infant age school so a kid going to Turton wouldn’t be going there.

Furry muff.  Was sure that's what she (missus) had said but must be thinking of somewhere else.  I'll report back if I remember to ask.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Site Supporter

To be fair, that’s his level.

Adding incoherent, baseless opinions to the commentary of late night boxing exhibitions , to an audience largely made up of very fat pisscans.

Very apt that he’s there to drone on about has beens with a great deal of lingering bitterness 😊