Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

E U Deal Done

no balls

Malc....wasn't Wells under suspicion for doping?

Also, do you reckon he would have won gold if the Yanks hadn't boycotted?

1 - no more than anyone else. The accuser was a disappointed (jealous)  fellow Scots sprinter.

2 - well he did beat the Yanks when they met later in the year. He would have had an excuse as he peaked when he needed to, but they really really wanted (and expected) to beat him.

I don't think most people comprehend how incredible it is that we've had peace in Europe for neary 80 years, and that is largely down to the formation of the European Union. It's basically unprecedented in the history of Europe. I'm not saying that we'll go to war with Germany if we vote out, but to me that's reason enough to stay in.

We didn't start those wars.

It was wars between current EU members.

We just joined in to finish it.

Ipso Facto, doesn't matter a Shit if we're in or out when it comes down to a war arguement. That's what NATO is for

We didn't start those wars.

It was wars between current EU members.

We just joined in to finish it.

Ipso Facto, doesn't matter a Shit if we're in or out when it comes down to a war arguement. That's what NATO is for

That's what you say, but that open letter written by a load of ex Military bigwigs reckons we are safer in EU. I'd back their opinion

Bit like the business leaders that also say we are better in.

And on the Out of Europe side we have the odious George Galloway and Nigel Farage

Hmmmmmmm

Edited by jules_darby

That's what you say, but that open letter written by a load of ex Military bigwigs reckons we are safer in EU. I'd back their opinion

And on the Out of Europe side we have the odious George Galloway and Nigel Farage

Hmmmmmmm

The military bigwigs letter includes at least one who had not  authorised his inclusion.

The business leaders letter did not include Tesco or Sainsbury, for example.

And the In Crowd include Jeremy Corbyn, John McDonnell and 90% of Labour MPs.

Be careful what you wish for applies both ways.

The military bigwigs letter includes at least one who had not authorised his inclusion.

The business leaders letter did not include Tesco or Sainsbury, for example.

And the In Crowd include Jeremy Corbyn, John McDonnell and 90% of Labour MPs.

Be careful what you wish for applies both ways.

Can't see any positives for the out vote in that post at all:

Just because Rose's name should be have been added, it doesn't mean the others don't count

Again the exclusion of Tesco etc doesn't take away from the businesses that are pro-in

If you really want to counter the above you need a credible list of the "out" business leaders and military bods; not just pedantics.

And the labour line you write is actually hilarious; so, for once, the Labour leader and 90% of labour MP's actually agree with a Tory MP...and that's cause to go against it? Jesus Christ, we may as well give up on our politicians now! I couldn't think of a better example to use to back the in vote!

I doubt Tesco or Sainsburys will say anything either way unless they get really worried in which case I believe they will join the likes of ASDA in the In camp

Have any big business pitched up in the out camp yet?

I think you'll get a few saying "in" and plenty keeping quiet....I doubt there will be many at all who openly say "out"

Any Scots wanting out - how do they signal their intentions in domestic elections?

All the major parties there are IN.

Paint their face blue and white and scream "freedom" every 5 minutes.

I'll give it you though, it'd be hard to tell the difference between the camps.

All it indicates is a slipshod approach to his name being on that letter

Yes, exactly.

So the approach overall is not correct. In fact it is incorrect. So it undermines the point somewhat.

BTW have you been following Channel 4 News features on falsified election expenses in many recent by-elections by the Conservatives?

Hmmmmmmm

Odious Nigel? thats a  matter of opinion. A massive % of the those who voted last election ( 4 million) did so for him. Many in your game probably did!

Edited by bgoefc

Think the financial markets are voting In as well looking at the FX markets - clear sell off on the pound

£ to $ down to 1.39 - we got 1.55 back in the summer for our holiday

Pound to euro down to 1.265 from a high of 1.44 in November. Think it was 1.36 before all this kicked off.

I'm getting married in Mallorca in June so we swapped up a load a while back at 1.4 - wish we did it all now, if we take 1.26 then we'll lose 2,000euro on the remaining dough (thinking take it just in case it tanks further)

A currency worth less might be better for some of our companies that export but most the food we eat is made up from raw materials brought in from abroad and purchased in foreign currency - all this messing about and uncertainty will soon hit our prices at the till's

Edited by birch-chorley

Many thanks

Unfortunately it's risen more questions than given answers

What do the current Military bods think?

Doesn't really give any specific reasons why the former military leaders think we should stay either.

NATO's fine as far as I can see, until I see something contrary to the fact