Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

3 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Now now Cyril......I’ve repatedly said I’m better off, just go back a trillion pages.

I sincerely hope you are too as you do a splendid job. 

Now...can I please watch Still Game in peace ?

That's twice you've mentioned still game. Is it worth a watch?

3 minutes ago, kent_white said:

That's twice you've mentioned still game. Is it worth a watch?

Pure brilliance mate.

Last ever episode aired last week but was poor compared to the early series’s.

Watch the Hatch episode....piss funny.

Most are on iplayer or YouTube now.....thank me later, they really are top notch

22 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

And rising youth unemployment and looking likely more monetary easing policies and negative interest rates. It’s all going swimmingly. 

To be fair, I don’t think youth unemployment is rising, but still stuck at incredibly high levels.

If you are looking for a sustainable and growing economy, then The EU isn’t the model to copy.

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

Does anyone think that if the Referendum result had been 52% Remain, 48%Leave we would still, nearly 3 years later, be trying to find a way to appease the 48%, perhaps a little bit out?

No, because Remain was defined. We would all have just got on with our lives.

What is so bad about your life that you think will be improved when we leave the EU?

13 minutes ago, Cheese said:

No, because Remain was defined. We would all have just got on with our lives.

What is so bad about your life that you think will be improved when we leave the EU?

What’s so good about your life that you are happy to be ruled by a bunch of unelected EU Bureaucrats/Freeloaders

1 hour ago, miamiwhite said:

Going back to this and in all seriousness now.....Scotland want independence don’t they ? Well....some do.....same with parts of Ireland and the same with Wales..

Whilst were being selective like you as always are in your comments.....globally thinking,as you do every day......what’s your thoughts on the forecasts for countries outside of the EU ? You clearly/deliberately missed it before ...chin chin.

Scotland have already had a referendum. There should be no second referendum.

Outside of the EU, many economies are fragile. The US economy is likely to slow in the next few years. China’s has been slowing for years. Japan is sluggish. Many emerging markets in Asia are dependent on those large powerhouses. And politics in South America has effected economies there such as Venezuela and Argentina. It wouldn’t surprise me to see others struggle. Russia is suffering from US sanctions. 

A significant concern is that the big global economies are agreeing / enhancing trade deals with the EU (although the US have a “US first” approach with everyone).  We are struggling to do the same. Some, such as Japan, have openly said that they expect that the UK will be given worse terms than with the EU.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

What’s so good about your life that you are happy to be ruled by a bunch of unelected EU Bureaucrats/Freeloaders

I am happy with my life. Now, can you answer my question? What is so bad about yours? 

Also, are you going to vote in the upcoming EU elections to elect the unelected EU beaurocrats? 

Just now, Cheese said:

I am happy with my life. Now, can you answer my question? What is so bad about yours? 

Also, are you going to vote in the upcoming EU elections to elect the unelected EU beaurocrats? 

Remain is not a safe destination, it’s a journey to Federalism 

If I do vote in the forthcoming EU Election I will not get the opportunity to replace Junker, Barnier, Tusk etc

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Moon boy said:

Remain is not a safe destination, it’s a journey to Federalism 

If I do vote in the forthcoming EU Election I will not get the opportunity to replace Junker, Barnier, Tusk etc

Can you answer my question, or not? 

• Members
5 hours ago, miamiwhite said:

Going back to this and in all seriousness now.....Scotland want independence don’t they ? Well....some do.....same with parts of Ireland and the same with Wales..

Whilst were being selective like you as always are in your comments.....globally thinking,as you do every day......what’s your thoughts on the forecasts for countries outside of the EU ? You clearly/deliberately missed it before ...chin chin.

All waiters at Starbucks do, not just him.