Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Some fair points there, but I don’t think the pre-Christmas lockdown is one.

thete was clearly something else going on, if you look at the numbers, probably the new variant.

A future review will give us better insight.

I try not to judge Starmer, as it is a tough gig.

I have to give some leeway because of the new varient(s) but he has dithered too much too often IMO. I am happy to be shown otherwise though, these are tough calls to make without the luxury of hindsight.

Starmer is facing an impossible task but that's the gig, he needs to be more direct in his questioning and stay on point when the deflections come. A strong opposition leads to a strong Government usually.

Christ, remember the Con/Lib Gov all expected to fail? I would rip your arm off for that this last year.

1 minute ago, mickbrown said:

Absolutely. In the past I  used to think these were the cream of the crop. The brightest of our country.

They're not. A large chunk are thick as pig shit.

I don’t necessarily think that, but I do wonder if we have too many young people.

23 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I think the majority of the current crop of front benchers in the HOC are lucky to be in an era of absolutely dreadful politicians. On both sides of the house. 

holyrood actually has much more substance to it.

Although if anyone does watch it have a look for the nodding dog who sits behind sturgeon. Face like a melted welly. 

Got to back that woman up mate who looks like DD Dixon, Ron's first wife ...., it's Christine Graham, she has a neurological tremor.

Actually English too.

18 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Absolutely. In the past I  used to think these were the cream of the crop. The brightest of our country.

They're not. A large chunk are thick as pig shit.

When are you standing then buddy, being their equal ? 😃 

2 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Got to back that woman up mate who looks like DD Dixon, Ron's first wife ...., it's Christine Graham, she has a neurological tremor.

Actually English too.

I knew she had summat wrong with her you could tell. 

still a fucking munter 😎

Just now, mickbrown said:

Might be that. With age comes wisdom and all that.

But Priti is thick as pig shit. Old or young.

Veering off track Mick, what's your thoughts on Galloway ? Mentioned to it Ani, I've taken to him recently, speaking hell of a lot of sense presently. Couldn't stand the cunt before...............Ani that is not George 😆 

• Site Supporter
Just now, miamiwhite said:

Veering off track Mick, what's your thoughts on Galloway ? Mentioned to it Ani, I've taken to him recently, speaking hell of a lot of sense presently. Couldn't stand the cunt before...............Ani that is not George 😆 

He talks a lot of sense on many things domestically.  Just don't get him going on the middle east for Christ's sake!

4 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

He does on Scotland, for sure

• Site Supporter

Track and trace cost £22billion

Thats £22,000,000,000

twenty two thousand million pounds.

A fifth the cost of the NHS for a year.

The NHS employs over a million people and runs thousands of sites for that.

One day, in time, track & trace will be uncovered as the greatest single criminal act in a generation.

Think about it.

5 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Not heard of him for years. 

Saw him at that senate committee years back. The lad can speak, I'll give him that.

27 minutes ago, Spider said:

Track and trace cost £22billion

Thats £22,000,000,000

twenty two thousand million pounds.

A fifth the cost of the NHS for a year.

The NHS employs over a million people and runs thousands of sites for that.

One day, in time, track & trace will be uncovered as the greatest single criminal act in a generation.

Think about it.

Fuck.me.

I haven't done the maths, so might be bollox, but it's Friday night and I ain't cracking out a calculator.....

1 hour ago, miamiwhite said:

Glad you admit I have been talking a lot of sense, knew you would come round. 😁😂

30 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Fuck.me.

I haven't done the maths, so might be bollox, but it's Friday night and I ain't cracking out a calculator.....

Got the money from the side of the bus to cover it  

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, mickbrown said:

Fuck.me.

Even worse than I described on the other thread, yet still the usual suspects deny it... 

Actually, they don't deny it - they just avoid it and insult, and call it "lies" without ever explaining their reasoning. We are being Governed by a cult.

Edited by Cheese

10 hours ago, Cheese said:

Even worse than I described on the other thread, yet still the usual suspects deny it... 

Actually, they don't deny it - they just avoid it and insult, and call it "lies" without ever explaining their reasoning. We are being Governed by a cult.

Has the track and trace system not found a single person? Yes or no? 

12 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Has the track and trace system not found a single person? Yes or no? 

They judged it on what was perceived after 10 minutes; £12bn and poor results.

I read recently that it had saved thousands of lives, having tracked and traced 600,000 people.

I suppose it’s easier not to think for yourself, easier to criticise.