Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Spider said:

We’ve done fuck all.

And our steel industry is not happy.

Who’s winning here, exactly?

I may be wrong* but I think our steel production has been going downhill for a lot longer than the discussions about leaving the EU.

* I’m not, by the way. British Steel merged with Koninklijke Hoogovens to become Corus Steel in 1999 which was bought out by Tata Steel (India) in 2007. So I’d say the slide started pre 1999.

1 minute ago, Farrelli said:

But at least Spider has seen that he made an error and is big enough to say so. Your view makes no sense, we are all worse off, oh well let’s vote for Boris again. Bonkers!

Where have I said let’s vote for Boris.?

Ive never on this or any other thread advised people to vote for anyone.

My barbed response was to Spider blaming older people for the Brexit vote. In fact blaming everyone but himself for the Brexit vote. 

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, MickyD said:

I may be wrong* but I think our steel production has been going downhill for a lot longer than the discussions about leaving the EU.

* I’m not, by the way. British Steel merged with Koninklijke Hoogovens to become Corus Steel in 1999 which was bought out by Tata Steel (India) in 2007. So I’d say the slide started pre 1999.

We manufacture WITH steel, we don’t make steel.

Im talking about steel manufacturers suffering. And honestly, I haven’t the energy to explain it all right now. I will one day.

6 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

Where have I said let’s vote for Boris.?

Ive never on this or any other thread advised people to vote for anyone.

My barbed response was to Spider blaming older people for the Brexit vote. In fact blaming everyone but himself for the Brexit vote. 

Well put it another way. You don’t seem to think it is fair to call out the Tories for the brexit they instigated and delivered leaving us all worse off and some industries knackered.

4 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

Well put it another way. You don’t seem to think it is fair to call out the Tories for the brexit they instigated and delivered leaving us all worse off and some industries knackered.

We’re not. It won’t become true if you keep saying it 

14 minutes ago, Cheese said:

So by adhering to the rules of the deal WE agreed and signed, that means France is starting a "trade war"?

It’s nothing to do with the agreement, it’s all about the French claiming we’re not giving them certificates to fish and  because of that France (Macron for political gain) threatening to blockade ports, impound our vessels and cut off power to jersey. Do keep up. 

4 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

It’s nothing to do with the agreement, it’s all about the French claiming we’re not giving them certificates to fish and  because of that France (Macron for political gain) threatening to blockade ports, impound our vessels and cut off power to jersey. Do keep up. 

You’re talking to fromage. He’s away with the fairies you know this. He’s after a bite 

9 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

I’ve called out the Tories many times for instigating the Brexit vote. I’ve also called out the people who voted for Brexit. Especially the ones who hadn’t a clue what they were voting for.

• Site Supporter
Just now, BobyBrno said:

I’ve called out the Tories many times for instigating the Brexit vote. I’ve also called out the people who voted for Brexit. Especially the ones who hadn’t a clue what they were voting for.

Me and 17,410,741 others

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Trust me, I am well kept up. You voted for the return of these sorts of disputes, remember?

The UK has broken the terms of the agreement by unilaterally introducing new measures. The French, with the backing of the EU, are well within their rights to react accordingly.

Edited by Cheese

Just now, Cheese said:

Trust me, I am well kept up. You voted for the return of these sorts of disuputes, remember. 

The UK has broken the terms of the agreement by unilaterally introducing new measures. The French, with the backing of the EU, are well within their rights to react accordingly.

🤣😂🤣

16 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

We’re not. It won’t become true if you keep saying it 

We are even if only indirectly. Wales, NI, Scotland all worse off as they were net Beneficiaries whilst in the EU. Severe labour shortages that have been exacerbated by brexit, 4% GDP drop projected, many small businesses having to relocate or facing significant problems or loss of custom, farming & fisheries struggling and steel industry missing out on a lucrative US trade deal. Plus we will face higher food and energy bills. 

1 minute ago, Farrelli said:

We are even if only indirectly. Wales, NI, Scotland all worse off as they were net Beneficiaries whilst in the EU. Severe labour shortages that have been exacerbated by brexit, 4% GDP drop projected, many small businesses having to relocate or facing significant problems or loss of custom, farming & fisheries struggling and steel industry missing out on a lucrative US trade deal. Plus we will face higher food and energy bills. 

EU countries are facing higher energy bills too aren’t they? Or did I misread that. 

I do understand where you are coming from though. And many are worse off. Winners and losers and all that.  But not all. Which was my point.  

• Site Supporter

So we give a fuck about the fisherfolk this week then do we?

Wasn’t so long ago they were just losers and collateral damage who were victims of their own greed etc etc and Brexit was all about the bigger picture.

Now it seems they are vital cogs in the wheel once more.

Next week: Farmpeople

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Come on fella, young Chedder asked you a yes or no question, but you know how it works if he doesn't like the answer, he wants full detailed analysis of how you got to the yes or no 😏

☺️