Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

8 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

The reality is that people labelling others is the new way of debating and closing down discussion. 

The Mail was right leaning before the term gammon was bandied about.

I think the term used back way back when was facsist.

1 minute ago, mickbrown said:

The Mail was right leaning before the term gammon was bandied about.

I think the term used back way back when was facsist.

You’ve proved my point. Gammon, Fascist. Simple terms without any background. Right leaning in your world is Fascist? 

2 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

You’ve proved my point. Gammon, Fascist. Simple terms without any background. Right leaning in your world is Fascist? 

Proved nowt.

You haven't read the post properly.

You missed this bit?

'Way back when' 

Google Lord Rothermere for your 'backround'.

7 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Most news stations including the BBC go through all the papers front pages and also some interesting stories within.

The Daily Mail is without doubt right wing, not sure how anyone could think otherwise?

There are left wing and right wing publications. I haven’t denied it was right wing. Is is it Fascist though?

Again, my point was about labelling people with simplistic terms.

2 minutes ago, Morizio said:

I find that interesting. 

What are you boundaries as to topics that discuss sexism for example?

There are no boundaries for discussion. Sexism, racism etc. Everything should be open to discussion and all views open to debate. Not sure what your issue is.

• Site Supporter
Just now, BobyBrno said:

There are left wing and right wing publications. I haven’t denied it was right wing. Is is it Fascist though?

Again, my point was about labelling people with simplistic terms.

I wouldn't say it is fascist, back in the 20s is a different matter but that was 100 years ago so not fair to label the paper as such these days.

Other than the guardian I'm struggling to think of any media that isn't right wing or right of centre. I think BBC tries it's best to be neutral ITV is just positivist like Sky and the new boys are all to the right. None of the above seem to like Starmer so he is unfortunately in a hiding to nothing. 

1 minute ago, Nowack said:

Other than the guardian I'm struggling to think of any media that isn't right wing or right of centre. I think BBC tries it's best to be neutral ITV is just positivist like Sky and the new boys are all to the right. None of the above seem to like Starmer so he is unfortunately in a hiding to nothing. 

The BBC is under scrutiny for its impartiality. It’s still the best news outlet that I rely on though. It’s been said before, they are a better opposition than the Labour Party. They are right to challenge this government. They also challenged the last Labour government. We are lucky that we have a free press/media to be able to do that.

24 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

I wouldn't say it is fascist, back in the 20s is a different matter but that was 100 years ago so not fair to label the paper as such these days.

Nobody said it was fascist now.

It's definitely, absolutely 100% right wing now.

More important than that though, it's a despicable rag.

Edited by mickbrown

27 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

There are no boundaries for discussion. Sexism, racism etc. Everything should be open to discussion and all views open to debate. Not sure what your issue is.

At what point does a discussion about one of these topics no longer be a discussion.  In your opinion of course.

5 minutes ago, Morizio said:

At what point does a discussion about one of these topics no longer be a discussion.  In your opinion of course.

I still don’t understand your point. I was talking about people being labelled with simplistic terms because of their point of view. ie, Gammons, Woke, Daily Mail/Guardian readers etc. 

24 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Nobody said it was fascist now.

It's definitely, absolutely 100% right wing now.

More important than that though, it's a despicable rag.

I’m not defending it. 🤷‍♂️
Actually, to clarify, I defend it’s right to say whatever it wants. That doesn’t mean I agree with what it prints.  

Edited by BobyBrno

6 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

I still don’t understand your point. I was talking about people being labelled with simplistic terms because of their point of view. ie, Gammons, Woke, Daily Mail/Guardian readers etc. 

I’m just asking a question 🙂

1 minute ago, Spider said:

Oven Ready 😊🤡

There are people who are out there though, who think it’s a result that brexit has been done and not prepared to look at the cost or the effect. 

There are even some people who won’t look at it objectively.

30 minutes ago, Morizio said:

There are people who are out there though, who think it’s a result that brexit has been done and not prepared to look at the cost or the effect. 

There are even some people who won’t look at it objectively.

There are some people who voted remain and accept that it’s now done and we have to make the most of it, like me. It’s been 6 years. I didn’t like it then, I don’t like it now. Will there be a day when it won’t be mentioned? I’ve seen blokes and women being chucked get over it quicker.

It is all about Brexit still in afraid. Election was pretty much one policy, get Brexit done. 48 % of the population didn't want it but 52 did and that swung it. We are now in a position where 48% didn't want it, a few percent regret it and the ones that did want it don't like what it is and all of them blame the government. Partygate and the rest just reinforces the position. 

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

There are some people who voted remain and accept that it’s now done and we have to make the most of it, like me. It’s been 6 years. I didn’t like it then, I don’t like it now. Will there be a day when it won’t be mentioned? I’ve seen blokes and women being chucked get over it quicker.

If you went to a restaurant and ordered a Sirloin Steak, and they served you a human turd, would you keep your mouth shut and 'make the most of it'?

You'll keep hearing people mention Brexit until it starts delivering the milk and honey they promised us it would. That could be a very, very long time.

11 minutes ago, Cheese said:

If you went to a restaurant and ordered a Sirloin Steak, and they served you a human turd, would you keep your mouth shut and 'make the most of it'?

You'll keep hearing people mention Brexit until it starts delivering the milk and honey they promised us it would. That could be a very, very long time.

Of all the analogies I’ve heard, that it is the worst.😊

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Brexit has fucked up my life more than most on here. I have business interests in the Czech Republic. I know more than most the impact that it’s had. I’ve moved on. Nothing that you or anyone on here says will change the result. 

24 minutes ago, Nowack said:

It is all about Brexit still in afraid. Election was pretty much one policy, get Brexit done. 48 % of the population didn't want it but 52 did and that swung it. We are now in a position where 48% didn't want it, a few percent regret it and the ones that did want it don't like what it is and all of them blame the government. Partygate and the rest just reinforces the position. 

All we need is an opposition party to say they will have a referendum to rejoin the EU. Will it happen? I doubt it. 
If that’s the case, move on.