Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

It's a bit distasteful all this triumpalism - like The EU bureaucrats dropping such a bollock is some sort of 'victory' for The UK.

Europeans will die as a result of this fuck up.

It's not sommat to be fucking crowing over.

Talk about confirming the stereotype of Brexiteers being nowt but jingoistic 'Little Englanders', the stereotype most (leavers) on here have spent six years vehemently denying.

9 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

It's a bit distasteful all this triumpalism - like The EU bureaucrats dropping such a bollock is some sort of 'victory' for The UK.

Talk about confirming the stereotype of Brexiteers being nowt but jingoistic 'Little Englanders', the stereotype most (leavers) on here have spent six years vehemently denying.

You can thank the EU for this, you know the Union you and many others thought was the dogs bollocks. Weighed down by red tape bureaucracy & corruption.  This ain’t triumphalism just pointing out hard facts. 

5 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

You can thank the EU for this, you know the Union you and many others thought was the dogs bollocks. Weighed down by red tape bureaucracy & corruption.  This ain’t triumphalism just pointing out hard facts. 

Exactly mate. Their actions meant many folk in the UK could have died, could even have been people close to us all but Youri forgets that.

13 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Show me one post where I opined The EU was 'the dog's bollocks', one...

After the crash of 2009 I have been very pro-status quo and very anti-being on the verge of bankruptcy.

I abstained, I think plebiscites are a fucked up idea. We live in a representative democracy - it's our elected officials fucking job to know thorny subjects inside and out and make decisions on our behalf.

People are plebs, I wouldn't trust 60-70% of folk to do my fucking laundry, let alone steer the direction of this country for probably the remainder of my (certainly working) life.

Finally it's possible to praise the UK without figuratively strutting around like you've single-handedly liberated Port fucking Stanley.

It is The EU's fault, but folk Europe-wide will die, many of whom are probably anti-EU or don't give a fuck...

It's not cause for celebration.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

16 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

There are only so many vaccines to go around. If we have more than others and it means less of us die than those that have less, that doesn’t make us bad. 
The U.K. has (as many on here have repeatedly said) suffered more than most. You could argue that we should be a priority whatever the circumstances. Give us some credit for the foresight of the government.
We are still Europeans by the way. We left the EU. Not Europe. 

8 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Exactly mate. Their actions meant many folk in the UK could have died, could even have been people close to us all but Youri forgets that.

No, I don't 'forget that'...

You'd hope nobody, Brit or European should die needlessly.

My post was stating it's entirely odious to be treating this situation like some triumph in battle.

There is some real strange twists being put on this thread. 

Let's cut the bullshit about people dying because of this. There is X amount of vaccines and they are all being used. Of course we want as much as we are entitled to. Of course the EU want the same. We are ahead of the curve and getting better, but the only thing that really matters is making sure as much vaccine as possible and getting it into people's arms

Edited by Ani

1 minute ago, Youri McAnespie said:

No, I don't 'forget that'...

You'd hope nobody, Brit or European should die needlessly.

My post was stating it's entirely odious to be treating this situation like some triumph in battle.

Yes,  let's hope nobody does die needlessly.

You'd better chat to Sturgeon then re making it a competition as that is exactly what that rancid Nationalist said last week.

14 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Show me one post where I opined The EU was 'the dog's bollocks', one...

After the crash of 2009 I have been very pro-status quo and very anti-being on the verge of bankruptcy.

I abstained, I think plebiscites are a fucked up idea. We live in a representative democracy - it's our elected officials fucking job to know thorny subjects inside and out and make decisions on our behalf.

People are plebs, I wouldn't trust 60-70% of folk to do my fucking laundry, let alone steer the direction of this country for probably the remainder of my (certainly working) life.

Finally it's possible to praise the UK without figuratively strutting around like you've single-handedly liberated Port fucking Stanley.

It is The EU's fault, but folk Europe-wide will die, many of whom are probably anti-EU or don't give a fuck...

It's not cause for celebration.

No one celebrating folk dying. Not sure how you put 2 +2 together and get 7. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Why would I give a fuck about Sturgeon?

Do you believe In The Union, or is your new hobby-horse to stir up shit that will cause many English to take up a 'Bollocks to Jockland' stance?

No doubt motivated by the alt-right theory that an independent Scotland would mean a perma-Conservative government in England?

(Breakup of The Union under a Conservative and Unionist Government - how strange).

I can read you like a book, and not a very good book either, certainly not 'Bravo Two Zero' by Andy McNab, which actually, improves with every read.

2 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Do you believe In The Union, or is your new hobby-horse to stir up shit that will cause many English to take up a 'Bollocks to Jockland' stance?

No doubt motivated by the alt-right theory that an independent Scotland would mean a perma-Conservative government in England?

(Breakup of The Union under a Conservative and Unionist Government - how strange).

I can read you like a book, and not a very good book either, certainly not 'Bravo Two Zero' by Andy McNab, which actually, improves with every read.

That is nonsense

24 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

No one celebrating folk dying. Not sure how you put 2 +2 together and get 7. 

No, you're right. The past three or four pages in this thread have been very reserved and even-handed.

Definitely no jocularity and backslapping.

Anyhow, I'll let you lot get back to your Lemon Party, enjoy.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

4 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

I'm a firm believer of the Union, said it all along, but she is just totally out of control at present.

I'm certain you would have been critical of Johnson if our vaccination rollout was a disaster.

Stick your thoughts re alt right beliefs up your arse lad, you have no idea.