Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
43 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

As these people are arriving from France, which is in the EU, then by the Dublin regulation, it becomes true. They should have applied for asylum in the first eu nation they arrived in. This isn't happening, as we know.

If they arrived here direct from Africa for example then it wouldn't be the case.

We’re not in the EU , Dublin regulations no longer apply ( to people coming here ) 

and if they did, it was only an expectation that the first country would deal with them , not a law that the people themselves couldn’t keep going onwards as I understand it, but, it’s moot anyway as it no longer applies .

If you look on the very first pages of this subject, if it still exists I said at the time that leaving the EU would actually make it harder to stop immigrants ( as opposed to taking back control ) due to this . 

• Moderators

The irony shouldnt be lost

Brexiteers quoting 'good' EU regulation that no longer applies thanks to them

And everybody getting worked up over this are just falling for the usual, age old, chuck shit at foreigners bit

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, royal white said:

Bonkers to think you couldn’t get staff for £16 an hour yet some of these are working for little more than that in a day. I wonder why  🤷🏻‍♂️

Who’d do these jobs if our friendly immigrants didn’t then?

Destiny and her mates off the estate?

Just now, Spider said:

Who’d do these jobs if our friendly immigrants didn’t then?

Destiny and her mates off the estate?

Well we’ve already established that some are working for a lot less delivering sausages and driving Ubers. It sounds like your problem is closer to home? 

17 minutes ago, fatolive said:

Refugee convention was1951 

Then our own laws are in contravention of it. 

As I said, (and I've posted about it a couple of times before today) the gov.uk website states what asylum seekers need to do in order to claim asylum and previously it stated that you were not allowed to pass through a safe 3rd country and that you could only claim asylum at a UK border. The rules were changed on 28th June 2022 when the new Nationality and Borders Act came in to force. They now state that your claim "might not" be accepted. Feel free to check gov.uk if you don't believe me! 

https://www.rescue.org/uk/article/what-uk-nationality-and-borders-act-and-what-does-it-mean-refugees-uk#:~:text=The UK Parliament recently passed,asylum seekers in the UK.

10 minutes ago, royal white said:

Well we’ve already established that some are working for a lot less delivering sausages and driving Ubers. It sounds like your problem is closer to home? 

Ah the old foreigners taking our jobs bollocks :D

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, dave2980 said:

Then our own laws are in contravention of it. 

As I said, (and I've posted about it a couple of times before today) the gov.uk website states what asylum seekers need to do in order to claim asylum and previously it stated that you were not allowed to pass through a safe 3rd country and that you could only claim asylum at a UK border. The rules were changed on 28th June 2022 when the new Nationality and Borders Act came in to force. They now state that your claim "might not" be accepted. Feel free to check gov.uk if you don't believe me! 

https://www.rescue.org/uk/article/what-uk-nationality-and-borders-act-and-what-does-it-mean-refugees-uk#:~:text=The UK Parliament recently passed,asylum seekers in the UK.

I believe you. 
But our laws are not in contravention of it 

yet 

• Site Supporter
40 minutes ago, royal white said:

My problem is skilled workers.

They don’t want to be here any more.

I’ve explained it all once I’m not doing it again.

If you know where all the English lads are that are just as good and will graft the same then I am all ears, trust me.

2 hours ago, royal white said:

Those that are jumping off dinghy’s and are bailing out of trucks before blending into society are ilegal. 

There’s 100s of thousands of illegals here in the U.K. 

But as long as your cars clean who gives a fuck 

Exactly. I don't know why people get their knickers in a twist so much about it to be honest

2 minutes ago, Spider said:

If you know where all the English lads are that are just as good and will graft the same then I am all ears, trust me.

I just find it hard to believe these skilled workers want to go back to these awful places they’ve come from when being paid a decent wage. Maybe the problem is the employer not the employee? 

1 hour ago, dave2980 said:

Legally, you have to claim asylum in the first safe country you arrive in therefore unless you're jumping on a plane or a ferry that is travelling direct to the UK you are arriving illegally 

Not true, never has been

• Site Supporter

Skilled workers

Are you suggesting that loads of them have disappeared from the country, and if so where to?

Unless of course fruit picking is now labelled as skilled.

The main issue here with skilled individuals is the great disconnect between the academic needs and the vocational needs.

That needs addressing urgently, and hopefully the new regime will continue with Boris' desire for more vocational education routes.

6 minutes ago, Spider said:

It maybe your problem but not a problem nationwide. More skilled workers are now coming into the U.K. 

3 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

I'm doing a show at the moment about an illegal Albanian refugee who came over as a boy.

Might be worthwhile some on here sitting down and having a chat with the fella.

Oh and he's a writer and director now, not in a criminal gang. 

How do you know? 

4 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

I'm doing a show at the moment about an illegal Albanian refugee who came over as a boy.

Has he raped any of our white women? 

3 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Why would we need to watch it? Good luck to the lad, but it wouldn’t change my opinion 1 jot.