Jump to content
Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics


miamiwhite

Recommended Posts

  • Site Supporter
9 hours ago, BobyBrno said:

There are countless negative posts about the Tories every day. Show me where I have responded. I was the one who first mentioned Blunt today. I have also clarified a few claims that he was charged. He wasn’t. 
I am NOT a Labour voter. I will NOT be voting Tory. I believe that Labour will be worse than the Tories. I’ve told you this before. I’ll probably have to tell you again tomorrow. 
I couldn’t give a shit who you vote for. Why ask me?

It would be quite the feat for Starmer's lot to be worse than this Government. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Spider said:

❤️

Well yes, back in 2021, that was my opinion. 🤷‍♂️ A lot has happened since then although my opinion of Labour hasn’t changed. Look at the polls in 21 compared to now. I’ve told you before, I’ve voted for 3 different parties in my lifetime. I’ll vote for another this time. It won’t be Labour or Conservatives.

Who are you voting for?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

It would be quite the feat for Starmer's lot to be worse than this Government. 

I agree. I think they will though. I’ve also given indications why. ie. The shadow Chancellor. It’s my opinion. Obviously, not a popular one for some on here. 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, mickbrown said:

Normal doesn’t try and equate rape with some unknown thing that doesn’t warrant an arrest. 
 

I apologise if you thought I was being personal. 

If you look back, I was responding to both Casino and Winchester’s ‘another one’ comments. I assumed that the Blunt one was the same as the Winchester Whites case. Seems not. I apologise for the misunderstanding. 👍

Edited after a bit of research. Lesson learned.

Edited by BobyBrno
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
1 hour ago, BobyBrno said:

Well yes, back in 2021, that was my opinion. 🤷‍♂️ A lot has happened since then although my opinion of Labour hasn’t changed. Look at the polls in 21 compared to now. I’ve told you before, I’ve voted for 3 different parties in my lifetime. I’ll vote for another this time. It won’t be Labour or Conservatives.

Who are you voting for?

 

Look

You can’t change your mind on here.

Them’s the rules.

I should know.

 

I’ll probably vote conservative.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
Just now, BobyBrno said:

The floating voter is the one with the most influence at a GE. Doesn’t work in referendums 😊

Better red than dead

#TeamTory

Etc…

If you are incapable of changing your mind, chances are you don’t have one

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Spider said:

Better red than dead

#TeamTory

Etc…

If you are incapable of changing your mind, chances are you don’t have one

As an illustration of where I am in politics, here is a brief synopsis of the SDP who I voted for in the eighties. They were right of Labour, left of conservative. Fanciful thinking unfortunately as they didn’t last long. Back to the two party dominance.🙁(what was centre then may have moved)

The Social Democratic Party was a centrist to centre-left political party in the United Kingdom. The party supported a mixed economy, electoral reform, European integration and a decentralised state while rejecting the possibility of trade unions being overly influential within the industrial sphere.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

As an illustration of where I am in politics, here is a brief synopsis of the SDP who I voted for in the eighties. They were right of Labour, left of conservative. Fanciful thinking unfortunately as they didn’t last long. Back to the two party dominance.🙁(what was centre then may have moved)

The Social Democratic Party was a centrist to centre-left political party in the United Kingdom. The party supported a mixed economy, electoral reform, European integration and a decentralised state while rejecting the possibility of trade unions being overly influential within the industrial sphere.

 

Were they the ones with David Steel and David Owen? A sort of 80’s political boy band?

 

im optimistic that the WhatsApp message reveal that’s promised for next week will trigger a clear out of the filthy, lip curling shitpipes that still infest our government.

Then, a new, fresh and back to basics group of Tories come in, sort it all out and become an option once more.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BobyBrno said:

If you look back, I was responding to both Casino and Winchester’s ‘another one’ comments. I assumed that the Blunt one was the same as the Winchester Whites case. Seems not. I apologise for the misunderstanding. 👍

Edited after a bit of research. Lesson learned.

No worries👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
3 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

Fine👍

Wasn't intending coming back in here but FFS, Mark Carney!!!???

Based on his Brexit bollocks suggesting that he couldn't predict the outcome of a one horse race, either utterly out of touch bordering on stupidity or (far more likely) an accomplished liar interested only in getting the outcomes he wants based on the ability to further feather his own nest. What a cunt.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Spider said:

Look

You can’t change your mind on here.

Them’s the rules.

I should know.

 

I’ll probably vote conservative.

Spider play book

1)tell people you can’t change your mind (due to Brexit vote)

2) mention Celtic or Rangers

3) ask when the ground invasion commences

1 down, 2 to go.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, tomski said:

Spider play book

1)tell people you can’t change your mind (due to Brexit vote)

2) mention Celtic or Rangers

3) ask when the ground invasion commences

1 down, 2 to go.

You forgot Boris, Horwich, renewable energy and Sharon’s yacht.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
2 hours ago, Spider said:

Look

You can’t change your mind on here.

Them’s the rules.

I should know.

 

I’ll probably vote conservative.

You called yourself a leftie on the Israel thread 

All over the place you 

Proper confused or covering all bases trying make yourself immune to attack 

You Munich bastard 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Zico said:

You called yourself a leftie on the Israel thread 

All over the place you 

Proper confused or covering all bases trying make yourself immune to attack 

You Munich bastard 

Don’t pigeon hole me you dinosaur.

it’s possible to like Norwegian death metal AND Tchaikovsky.

Moving targets are much harder to hit,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
1 hour ago, BobyBrno said:

 

The Social Democratic Party was a centrist to centre-left political party in the United Kingdom. The party supported a mixed economy, electoral reform, European integration and a decentralised state while rejecting the possibility of trade unions being overly influential within the industrial sphere.

 

much of that is Labour party policy, i believe, all very sensible and pretty much where I'd want the tories to be

@Not in Crawley

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Casino said:

much of that is Labour party policy, i believe, all very sensible and pretty much where I'd want the tories to be

@Not in Crawley

There's a really good read by Anthony King about the SDP - well worth the time.

Ah good old Jenkins and Owen etc al - never really stood a chance, they were down to something like 10k members when they gave up the ghost in 1990. Ideologically crushed between the two more Liberal wings of both the main parties - if the SDP wasn't an old school flash style party (huge fanfare, rapid decline and infighting) then they could have given the Lib Dems more of a run but they was still a stronger movement with a firmer ideological base.

Sounded nice on paper but fundamentally flawed - hence their fast disintegration.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Winchester White said:

It would be quite the feat for Starmer's lot to be worse than this Government. 

He basically doesn't fundamentally trust Labour - he says it hard headed political facts - but it appears to be more gut feeling and general dislike. Which is fine, the majority of people vote with their heart rather than their head.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.