Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

are you being serious? Farage is saying he wants discrimination laws repealing allowing employers (should they so wish) to discriminate on a person's race, nationality or colour.

I don't know why you're bothering. Farage could piss in Mounts' mouth and he'd swallow it with a smile on his face.

3 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

He clearly said based on nationality. You see something in Farage that’s clearly not there. No point debating with you. 

You are well past the point of being rational in this debate.

Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

He clearly said based on nationality. You see something in Farage that’s clearly not there. No point debating with you. 

Are you seriously saying you see nothing wrong in an employer discriminating on the basis of their race (nationality as you describe it)? That allows someone of colour to be legally discriminated against and you are happy with it, wow!

20 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

Are you seriously saying you see nothing wrong in an employer discriminating on the basis of their race (nationality as you describe it)? That allows someone of colour to be legally discriminated against and you are happy with it, wow!

You are clearly desperately trying to make Farage out to be racist. I’ll leave it there. 

4 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

You are clearly desperately trying to make Farage out to be racist. I’ll leave it there. 

in many people's judgement if you actively want to repeal such laws then you open yourself up for that accusation and it's not desperation it's fact

Edited by Salford Trotter

26 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

You are well past the point of being rational in this debate.

Trawling through years and years of interviews, tweets desperately searching for something so that you can hang the racist tag on Farage is proper rational. FWIW you don’t get the number of votes and wide range of nationalities that have stood for UKIP and Brexit if you’ve one bone of racism in your persona. 

15 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Trawling through years and years of interviews, tweets desperately searching for something so that you can hang the racist tag on Farage is proper rational. FWIW you don’t get the number of votes and wide range of nationalities that have stood for UKIP and Brexit if you’ve one bone of racism in your persona. 

Who is the dimwit now😂

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/mar/20/leader-of-pro-brexit-party-catherine-blaiklock-resigns-over-anti-islam-messages

14 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Not sure how you work that one out? Seems a somewhat backwards assumption...

12 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Might be clouded by time, but didn't these Farage comments get covered on here some time ago?

Iirc, he was saying jobs should be filled by British folk first. Migrants afterwards.

They were but if you remove these race laws that allows unscrupulous employers discriminating against people of colour including British born asians and blacks too

27 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

You don't have to do much trawling. UKIP and TBP are full of individuals with racist views all engendered by your hero Nigel.

Edited by Farrelli

26 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

You clearly,  attempting to smear Farage and the whole Brexit party for one person previous indiscretions, despite Farage clearly moving away from UKIP because of their racist and anti Islam overtones. It’s clear you have a an agenda against Farage  and have made a poor attempt at trying to justify it. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

You’d be better pointing your radar at Jeremy and the anti semites in the Labour Party. 

So no denial then ? Really sad that you can't see or don't want to see what Farage is all about.

2 hours ago, bwfcfan5 said:

NI - doesn't just pay for the NHS though. It also pays for your state pension, maternity pay etc etc...

So in reality you might save half your NI (for a £50K earner that would be a saving of ~£200 a month) to pay £5/600 a month.

Its a worse system and not just economically. Socially its a disaster too.

Why anyone would advocate for it, unless they are in the health insurance business, is truly beyond me.....

As it stands the NHS costs £200bn a year 

everyone gets the same service 

some contribute way more in tax than others to pay for the NHS 

Its fair to say that if the NHS was privatised and tax rates reduced (pro rata) then millions of people would be better off financially than with the current system 

I am probably one of the people who would make a saving, however I’m quite happy with the current system. However when it comes to finding additional money to fund the NHS i’d Much rather we look at the Lib Dem option (1% tax increase across the board). 

I’m not a fan of the Corbyn model ‘tax the rich more’ as some of the super wealthy will just fuck off elsewhere and it’s the rest of us with middle incomes that would have to pick up the tab  

32 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

You clearly,  attempting to smear Farage and the whole Brexit party for one person previous indiscretions, despite Farage clearly moving away from UKIP because of their racist and anti Islam overtones. It’s clear you have a an agenda against Farage  and have made a poor attempt at trying to justify it. 

Farage and his party do a pretty good job of making themselves look racist let alone me pointing it out.

We should all have an agenda against racism and racist behaviour, don't you agree? I'd like to think you'll be criticising Farage and his pals for what they are doing but i won't hold my breath

4 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

As it stands the NHS costs £200bn a year 

everyone gets the same service 

some contribute way more in tax than others to pay for the NHS 

Its fair to say that if the NHS was privatised and tax rates reduced (pro rata) then millions of people would be better off financially than with the current system 

I am probably one of the people who would make a saving, however I’m quite happy with the current system. However when it comes to finding additional money to fund the NHS i’d Much rather we look at the Lib Dem option (1% tax increase across the board). 

I’m not a fan of the Corbyn model ‘tax the rich more’ as some of the super wealthy will just fuck off elsewhere and it’s the rest of us with middle incomes that would have to pick up the tab  

I think you'll be in for a huge surprise if you think you'll be better off....

But whatever. 

4 hours ago, boltondiver said:

Greece, especially, was slaughtered by the EU. Deliberately hung out to dry.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.spectator.co.uk/2018/10/a-greek-tragedy-how-the-eu-is-destroying-a-country/amp/

A good read, most of it talking about the last ten years, of which they have had to endure severe economic pain of course 

If you look over the longer time period they have still seen huge growth as they have benefited from free market economics and membership of the EU 

Just had a look, their GDP was €50bn in 1985, by 2005 it was €350bn, incredible growth over two decades. Since the economic crash it’s lost €100bn of that but over 30 years it’s still substantial growth 

you can’t just look at the last ten years to decide if the EU is working or not, the financial crash muddies the waters for all (including countries outside of the EU) 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Salford Trotter said:

They were but if you remove these race laws that allows unscrupulous employers discriminating against people of colour including British born asians and blacks too

Is that definitely what he is advocating?

Or is he asking for a modification to the law - I'm sure I've heard him speak about the Australian type system.

Which in turn ties in with much talk about immigration policies post brexit.

3 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

I think you'll be in for a huge surprise if you think you'll be better off....

But whatever. 

Given I get private healthcare paid for by my company and I pay 40% of its value in benefit in kind tax And the fact that my NI contributions are substantial, I believe I’d easily be one of the millions that would pay less under a private system than with the NHS 

But as I said, I’m happy with the system as it is 

7 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Given I get private healthcare paid for by my company and I pay 40% of its value in benefit in kind tax And the fact that my NI contributions are substantial, I believe I’d easily be one of the millions that would pay less under a private system than with the NHS 

But as I said, I’m happy with the system as it is 

You might. So long as you're never sick or never need a prescription medication.....Or anyone in your family....