Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

Just now, Salford Trotter said:

Hardly, it is being described as a 'reasonable worst case' scenario but I would suggest it is pretty realistic. 

Of course you would. Your view is aways considered and balanced.

I had the pleasure of radio 5 this morning talking to various experts and members general public on the show. 

What i took from it was:

there will be no food shortages

no medicine shortages 

a potential for queues at the main ports whilst we get used to things which will be a pain in the arse

some

suppliers taking the piss and hiking prices up but that’s basic economics supply and demand in reality  

but shock horror the world isn’t going to fall in from above 

as you were people and folk can stop frothing at the mouth about the apocalypse 

Just now, Escobarp said:

I had the pleasure of radio 5 this morning talking to various experts and members general public on the show. 

What i took from it was:

there will be no food shortages

no medicine shortages 

a potential for queues at the main ports whilst we get used to things which will be a pain in the arse

some

suppliers taking the piss and hiking prices up but that’s basic economics supply and demand in reality  

but shock horror the world isn’t going to fall in from above 

as you were people and folk can stop frothing at the mouth about the apocalypse 

You must be reading the wrong comics, mate

It's armageddon, nailed on

Just now, boltondiver said:

You must be reading the wrong comics, mate

It's armageddon, nailed on

I was very surprised if I’m honest. I’d just been on here and thought hang on a fucking minute. Fanny5 tells me I’m not going to have running water, the plague is returning and I won’t be able to leave the house shortly. And there are cheeky cunt experts on the radio giving a different version. How dare they. 

I tried to get on the show and tell them listen we have our own set of experts on here who know what it’s really going to be like but sadly I couldn’t get through. 

The public need to know we are fucked and Need to know now. 

Depending what radio station you're listening to, you'll hear some saying there will be no disruption, and some saying it's going to be horrific.

As ever, the truth will be somewhere in between (but closer to "no disruption" I'd have thought)

Of course this is dependant on us leaving with no deal, which I'm not sure will happen anyway, as it'll either be kicked down the road, or we'll sell out Northern Ireland and fudge some sort of deal that is deemed acceptable by enough folk to pass through the EU and the HoC

Edited by Sweep

5 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Depending what radio station you're listening to, you'll hear some saying there will be no disruption, and some saying it's going to be horrific.

As ever, the truth will be somewhere in between (but closer to "no disruption" I'd have thought)

Of course this is dependant on us leaving with no deal, which I'm not sure will happen anyway, as it'll either be kicked down the road, or we'll sell out Northern Ireland and fudge some sort of deal that is deemed acceptable by enough folk to pass through the EU and the HoC

Completely agree. I think only the deluded believe it’s going to be all roses and sunshine and our very own delusional comrades who think the world will collapse without the eu. 

Nothing is going to be impossible to resolve of that im sure. Some things will be affected more than others. That’s just life when any relationship breaks up there’s always issues. 

2 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Completely agree. I think only the deluded believe it’s going to be all roses and sunshine and our very own delusional comrades who think the world will collapse without the eu. 

We do have extremes on both sides posting on here, from Fanny who is a bit doom and gloom, to Mounts who reckons there won't be even a slight hint of trouble.

both are of course wrong, but too entrenched to admit it

I don’t believe we are heading for no deal or ever were I honestly believe it’s a negotiating tactic. I don’t think Boris has any intention of taking us out without a deal or ever did have. 

I think if we do crash out it will be shit for a while. How long for or how shit? I don’t know nobody does (apart from fanny5). 

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

He's a good lad. With Irish heritage, so knows a bit about the border/backstop issue.

Even more than some on here.

Does he know what the technogical solution is

The one that existed over 2 years ago but is still being kept a secret

Thought not