Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 0-3 Brentford

radcliffe white

• Site Supporter

Not been but gutted by this result what the fuck is going on ?think the step up from that ale house league we were in last year as become harder to breach than this one to the prem .Perhaps we will have to yoyo for a few seasons to re_establish ourselves,the worry with that is when the yoyo string fucks up .

• Site Supporter

Parky deserved the right to have a go this season. Didn't think we'd have it easy but I thought we would be much better.

Unfortunately concerns of what might happen are now appearing valid.

My biggest concern is that it may become a coyle situation. A scattergun approach to team selection etc.

We don't need that.

I too believe there is something to be made of this squad, but we'll not find out if things remain the same.

We definitely started well and Madine had a decent first half, but other than that and a few Alnwick saves their's nothing else good to come from today.

How can he not see that 3 midgets in the middle are gonna get overrun and outfought every week?

The first goal Beevers is daft and I think Alnwick lost sight of it as he pointed to his eyes after. He got done again for that other free kick not long after that just went wide too.

That Robinson is garbage - an athlete not a player.

Got to be down to PP for me; he has to raise them when we go behind and he's unable to do so. We never come out after half time we'll either. He's not managing the players well enough for me and the subs seemed like panic rather than plan B to me.

2nd goal has fuck all to do with change in formation to be fair mind.

Sad times, as they looked a bit shit too.

He has to go for me, or we'll certainly be adrift by Xmas.

Not sure that we won't be without him, but if he carries on we sure as fuck will be

First 10 we did OK, but after they scored it was a capitulation.

They had around 20 shots and our goalie made some good saves. Where on earth was our midfield, second half they ran through us time after time.

A winger at centre mid, long balls to madine all game, we were playing a team that also hadn't won this season. No idea of formation and no idea of personnel, and more wingers than you could shake a stick at.

Simple fact is, we are out of our depth, let's be realistic, apart from fleetwood away last season, we didn't really dominate many games and only had "spells" in games that got us through.

Ok, I feel sorry for Parkinson and what a great job he did last season, but are most of our players really not good enough at this level?

Or is there an under current, of things not working under the surfac?

6 games without a goal, no wins in 9 and 2 tough away games to come, if we aren't careful the season will be over before Christmas.

We have given away about 10 free kicks away in the 5-10 yards outside our penalty area in central positions. Like in other games this season the defence is left exposed by no cover.

As mentioned by others Cullen has to be dropped.

Edited by Ani

• Site Supporter

Three of the best goals I've seen at The Reebok Macron. All three were probably goal of the month contenders. Keeper could do bugger all for any of them.

I don't know about you, but for me, this is the worst style of play football I've seen from a Bolton side. Hideous to watch, and doesn't work.

What would we give for the style of play we endured under Allardyce. The rest of the country thought that was hoofball. It's a good job they're not still watching.

It was like a Phoenix nights sponsored half time, shambles from start to finish.

Embarrassing! But the new Macron voice had his priorities and those kids were having their shoot out.

Talking of half time. The Bolton Belles. Macron voice introduced them saying that the club received a glut of positive comments from previous games. Really? OK, they were good at dancing but I'm sorry, it went on for too long. I was almost willing the sprinklers to activate nearer to them.

Said to those around me that Armstrong has done nothing wrong, but he's done nowt right especially to start him above ALF.

We were last to the 2nd ball all over the park today.

With Derek and Vela injured and pratley playing bobbins there's not a lot of choice in midfield.

When we're being so over ran down the middle despite 3 CBs and 3 CMs it's very worrying

Three of the best goals I've seen at The Reebok Macron. All three were probably goal of the month contenders. Keeper could do bugger all for any of them.

What would we give for the style of play we endured under Allardyce. The rest of the country thought that was hoofball. It's a good job they're not still watching.

Embarrassing! But the new Macron voice had his priorities and those kids were having their shoot out.

Talking of half time. The Bolton Belles. Macron voice introduced them saying that the club received a glut of positive comments from previous games. Really? OK, they were good at dancing but I'm sorry, it went on for too long. I was almost willing the sprinklers to activate nearer to them.

All three were superb but he seemed disappointed with the first one and I do think he should've got closer to it

Most disappointingly though we could've done better further out to stop all three