Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 0-3 Brentford

radcliffe white

The 64 million dollar question is could another manager do better with this group of player?

6 straight losses, not a single goal scored, 40% possession, and Brentford registering 20+ shots at home.

Surely we can do better.

We need a new manager simple, I don't know who, but anyone that can give the squad a lift.

And hopefully a manger that can address our shocking defence, and one with more tactics than just lumping it up to Madine.

I don't know about you, but for me, this is the worst style of play football I've seen from a Bolton side. Hideous to watch, and doesn't work.

Got to admit when I saw the team sheet  didn't see a side that was going to win that game. I thought a draw and never saw 3-0 coming. Their goals were pretty much wonder goals but the ease with which they passed through us wasn't good. That midfield 3 of Cullen, Karcaran and Morais did neither support the attack or defence. Armstrong may be a good player one day but still learning and not worth his place. In hindsight filling the squad numbers with young inexperienced loanees was definitely a mistake.

The day was summed up by an under 7s team taking on under 11s in a penalty shot out with the team having to wait to start second half.

And no golden gamble results.

It was a fucking farce from about the tenth minute.

And they ran out of pies.

As Ian Brown once said 'amateurs!!!'

Phil Parkinson admits he could take no positives from Bolton's performance against Brentford, having lost for a sixth successive game without scoring.

Wanderers' latest defeat - their second by a 3-0 scoreline in the space of five days - saw the club set an unwanted record, leaving them five points adrift of safety at the foot of the Championship table.

Speaking after the game, Parkinson thought his side began brightly against the Bees but an outstanding free-kick from Yoann Barbet, followed by further strikes from Nico Yennaris and Ollie Watkins, completely knocked any confidence out of the players.

"I thought we started great," Parkinson told BBC Radio Manchester. "We had three or four very good chances to give us that lift everybody needed.

"Gary Madine has hit the post and the goalkeeper has made a great save from him. Adam Armstrong has the ball flashed across the six-yard box and is six inches away from tapping it in.

"Then we concede a wonder strike and it knocked the stuffing out of us. That shouldn't happen but with the run we've had, you could see it visibly knocked the energy out of us. Sometimes that can be perceived as the lads not trying but the three wonder strikes really knocked us.

When asked if there were any positives to take from the game, Parkinson added: "No.

"We kept changing it to try and find a way back in the game but the more attacking players we put on the pitch, the more open we became and lost any element of structure in our play.

"We started off looking like a team who knew what the game plan was, but games are separated on strikers producing moments of quality or goalkeepers making big saves when they matter. All those key moments have gone in Brentford's favour.

"We've got to keep searching for a way to win a game."

The day was summed up by an under 7s team taking on under 11s in a penalty shot out with the team having to wait to start second half.

And no golden gamble results.

It was a fucking farce from about the tenth minute.

It was like a Phoenix nights sponsored half time, shambles from start to finish.

Wasn't there so can't comment on the game itself but it's very worrying 

As said somewhere above.....could anyone get this group of players to perform better (or are they just not at Championship level) and who would be prepared to come in bearing in mind our financial situation?

We may have to suck up a drop back down to League 1 and live with it until we have the finances to compete

Please help me understand why we never have anyone up when they have a corner, even when losing 2-0.

This is exactly what I have been screaming out about during matches!

And one of the many reasons why I absolutely despise Parky's negative tactics.

In all home games so far, not one has seemed like a home game, such boring negative football, don't know how we manage to get fans!

That was embarrassing. I'm not one to call for the manager to go normally but PP won't win us a game this season.

Yes someone else could do better even with this poor team. Perhaps play players in correct positions and make us well drilled and hard to beat. Needs shaking up.

No animosity to PP and I'd wish him well but unless we get a full new team or new manager we are as good as gone which in September is ridiculous

• Site Supporter

There were signs at times last year when we got over run in midfield. Often by players who are relatively small but seem stronger and faster. Its the same every game this season.

Not even sure our lads are adequately conditioned.

Whichever way you look at it there's a lot of work for parky to do.

Ravanelli up top for them was a right handful for a half pint.

• Site Supporter

That was embarrassing. I'm not one to call for the manager to go normally but PP won't win us a game this season.

Yes someone else could do better even with this poor team. Perhaps play players in correct positions and make us well drilled and hard to beat. Needs shaking up.

No animosity to PP and I'd wish him well but unless we get a full new team or new manager we are as good as gone which in September is ridiculous

Was going to sleep on it but you have saved me a post

That was shite, a game we could win and we were embarrassed in a bad defeat. If the manager can’t get the players up for it then he has to go.

We are being beaten easily and not competing, the manager can’t possibly be getting the best out of the players.

Madine has chances and didn’t score. Again. Same old same old.