Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

World Cup Finals 2026

Underpants

Joint bid from Mexico, USA and Canada beat Morocco. So much for FIFA's philosophy for sharing the love throughout the world. Since we got it Mexico have been involved in 3 WC, and the US twice. Can't see us getting it any time soon.

My world cup host predictions

2030 - Uruguay (poss with Argentina). 100ish years since the first world cup.

2034 - African or Asian country.

2038 - African or Asian country.

2042 - Mexico.

2046 - European nation but it won't be us.

2050 - Joint bid from IS and Syria.

2054 - South America

2060 - Australia

2064 - Mexico.

2068 - Antarctica.

2072 - Mexico/Germany joint bid just to piss us off

We will all be dead before England get it again.

Twenty Seventy Two?! They’ll have put rows A to C in Macron by then, 30k every game.

BBC were discussing whether a single country could host a 48 team WC now, do you reckon we could? Maybe a UK World Cup. There’s always a lot of complaints when we don’t win hosting rights but can you imagine transport in the likes of Manchester on a WC weekend where there might be 4 or 5 games in the north west area. Painful!

Anyway, always been a life ambition to travel around USA, I’ll do it in 8 years.

Twenty Seventy Two?! They’ll have put rows A to C in Macron by then, 30k every game.

BBC were discussing whether a single country could host a 48 team WC now, do you reckon we could? Maybe a UK World Cup. There’s always a lot of complaints when we don’t win hosting rights but can you imagine transport in the likes of Manchester on a WC weekend where there might be 4 or 5 games in the north west area. Painful!

Anyway, always been a life ambition to travel around USA, I’ll do it in 8 years.

There's more than 5 games on in the Northwest area on an average weekend in the winter. Summer will be a doddle.

Probably go to the 2026 one now.

Aye

Family holiday in the US, Florida or California whilst taking in some footy

P.s also fancy going over to France for a few weeks for the 2024 Olympics along with LA for the 2028 Olympics

Edited by birch-chorley

I might go to 2072. Anyone up for it?

I'm busy for that one, I'm well up for 2076 which will be held on Moon Bases 1 & 2 though - only teams who can afford the space travel will qualify though - so it's straight into the Semi's

Russia v USA

China v The EU

I'm busy for that one, I'm well up for 2076 which will be held on Moon Bases 1 & 2 though - only teams who can afford the space travel will qualify though - so it's straight into the Semi's

Russia v USA

China v The EU

I'll go but Daz can't make it. He's moonist