worthy10

Visited Hide Piccadilly recently; excellent

Then round the corner to 45 Jermyn Street

The Stratford American bar is iconic

Fancy a curry? Any of the Cinnamon ones, but Amaya is fabulous

The Rib Bar at the Jumeirah is sensational

Ken Ho’s Memories of China is really good

Beer? I am currently enjoying Meantime London Pale Ale

And then either Ronnie Scott’s or 606 for an evening of jazz. I prefer the 606 and, if you do go, there’s a great pub around the corner, the Chelsea Ram

Etc

Visited Hide Piccadilly recently; excellent

Then round the corner to 45 Jermyn Street

The Stratford American bar is iconic

Fancy a curry? Any of the Cinnamon ones, but Amaya is fabulous

The Rib Bar at the Jumeirah is sensational

Ken Ho’s Memories of China is really good

Beer? I am currently enjoying Meantime London Pale Ale

And then either Ronnie Scott’s or 606 for an evening of jazz. I prefer the 606 and, if you do go, there’s a great pub around the corner, the Chelsea Ram

Etc

that's great thanks

What goes on there?

I've read about some restaurants, but is it a schlepp from Westminster/City?

Just a lot going on, decent pubs, Peckham Levels, the Bussey building and yes some good restaurants like Mr Bao. It’s a decent afternoon out.

You can get the overground on the Thames citylink there. It’s not far out of the centre.

Just a lot going on, decent pubs, Peckham Levels, the Bussey building and yes some good restaurants like Mr Bao. It’s a decent afternoon out.

You can get the overground on the Thames citylink there. It’s not far out of the centre.

Thanks, it's on the list for our next visit.

• Site Supporter

Ate at Hu Tong in The Shard yesterday, probably the best Chinese I've ever had in this country. Lunch time set menu was only £35 a head, so pretty reasonable. The views of course were brilliant

Last time I went with MrsD to that there London Town, we had the sightseeing trip up the Shard. Just looked at today's prices and it'd cost us £24.95 each just to stand there looking at the view. I reckon if you were doing that anyway then £35 for a Chinese lunch menu is excellent value.

Also last time we went to a couple of theatre shows at £20 each rather than £60-£80 by being at the box office at 10am and asking for day tickets. It's by far the cheapest way to do theatre.

Also also, the cheapest way to do Underground is to use your debit card (touch cards only) and TfL will work out the cheapest option and bill you as such.

Also also, the cheapest way to do Underground is to use your debit card (touch cards only) and TfL will work out the cheapest option and bill you as such.

True, but make sure that you tap in and out of every tube station, a lot of people don't bother tapping their card on the way out, when the barrier is already open, and this then ends up in you paying a lot more, as they have no clue as to where you have or haven't been, so they wallop you with the charges

Last time I went with MrsD to that there London Town, we had the sightseeing trip up the Shard. Just looked at today's prices and it'd cost us £24.95 each just to stand there looking at the view. I reckon if you were doing that anyway then £35 for a Chinese lunch menu is excellent value.

The restaurant clearly isn't as high as the observation deck area, but to be honest it's more than high enough, brilliant views all around  -  even the urinals face out over the view, lovely being able to see for miles when you're having a slash  :D

• Members

True, but make sure that you tap in and out of every tube station, a lot of people don't bother tapping their card on the way out, when the barrier is already open, and this then ends up in you paying a lot more, as they have no clue as to where you have or haven't been, so they wallop you with the charges

8 quid

Happened to me though maybe I hadn't touched it properly

Thing was when I touched to get on my cashcard must have been next to my oyster card do it was essentially charging both for the journey

So a £1.50 journey ended up costing my £16!!

• Site Supporter

The restaurant clearly isn't as high as the observation deck area, but to be honest it's more than high enough, brilliant views all around  -  even the urinals face out over the view, lovely being able to see for miles when you're having a slash  :D

Done that up Helvelyn.