Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

@Howardroark What is your opinion on what will happen regarding the sale; Bassini concludes his deal before next Tuesday? If not your bidders will take the shares as always planned? Simple as that?  Or possible this could all go past next Wednesday ..?

If so do you think Bassini has the cash behind him to get a deal done and he won’t be the end of the world if he takes over?

Thanks Howard!

Edited by Jcookie

So it's the PR disaster bassini v PR genius Howard, we don't know anything about how much money they have but it looks like we could be much better off than we have been (not hard really). Bassini looks favourite but they will have a lot of work to do to get the fans on side if he's in charge, there was talk of ex blackburn chairman Williams coming on board which would be a good move has he was very popular at rovers. I wouldn't be surprised if big Sam gets some part to play maybe has director of football. Plus I think he had a good relationship with Williams at Ewood Park. Howard has obviously been on here to do a PR job for their mob and has done a great job with most people wanting them to win the race even though we don't know much about them and at times we get the impression they would take a few quid not to take the shares. Anyway hopefully this will soon come to a head cos I'm bloody sick of it. 

12 minutes ago, Ani said:

Sorry Sluffy do not get your point. The idea a judge would give an unasked for extension to make the league ‘tidier’ does not work for me. The club said could be sorted in a week. Not that familiar with such proceedings and can not get head round a defendant asking for a bit of time and the judge saying ok have 5 times that. 

It was Malcolm you were responding to not me.

Fwiw this is what was reported in the Bolton News -

"Ms Stonefrost told the judge that since the last hearing sale agreement terms had been reached in respect of the shares.

However, she said further time was needed for due diligence and "gathering together of some funds to recapitalise the company and enable it to pay the money owed to HMRC and other creditors.

"At least seven days is needed to finalise the last bits to this deal," she added.

Ms Stonefrost pointed out to the judge that if the club, the major asset of the company, went into liquidation it would hugely affect the company's value.

One of the supporting creditors, Macron SPA, a sporting kit manufacturer, is owed around £290,000.

Its barrister told the judge today she was not instructed to object to the adjournment of up to 28 days for the sale of shares to proceed".

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/17547238.bolton-wanderers-potential-new-owner-present-as-club-live-to-fight-another-day-in-the-high-court/

12 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

You should know by now this is just another in the long line of excuses for the stay away m0ngs 

some wouldbt go if we were in the champs league final & it was free. As the last time they went in 96 we got beat. A tale they never bore of telling stood in Hogarths on a sat afternoon 

waster tramps. That’s all they are 

I wouldn't consider myself a stay away idiot - a season ticket holder since 2000.

I personally would not consent nor sanction another penny being spent if Ken remains at the club in any capacity (which is what Big E is referring to in his message because of tweets he has just replied to) - and i'd be seriously considering the same move if Bassini came in too.

I don't want my club to continue in the same vain as the last year or so under the same or similar regime with a severely corrupt owner, so wouldn't give that owner a penny.

That's not making an excuse for not going because the 'football is crap and we aren't spending money' because I have been during them times, I just have morals and principles and buying into a corrupt owner isn't on that list unfortunately.

I'd still love my club regardless, but my support wouldn't be from the terraces as it has been for the past 19 years.

6 minutes ago, Jcookie said:

@Howardroark What is your opinion on what will happen regarding the sale; Bassini concludes his deal before next Tuesday? If not your bidders will take the shares as always planned? Simple as that?  Or possible this could all go past next Wednesday ..?

If so do you think Bassini has the cash behind him to get a deal done and he won’t be the end of the world if he takes over?

Thanks Howard!

I don’t think it’s a question of him having the cash, it’s if it’s reputable, the EFL do actually turn down prospective bidders (mainly far eastern and African states) and as such have to tread carefully before an influx of individuals start to seek struggling clubs through which to launder their funds. Not suggesting that Mr Bassini’s backers are laundering, but there are issues with the region. 

As I’ve said, we retain the option to take control on the 9th/10th, what is left by then is anybody’s guess. 

6 minutes ago, WestStandUpper said:

I wouldn't consider myself a stay away idiot - a season ticket holder since 2000.

I personally would not consent nor sanction another penny being spent if Ken remains at the club in any capacity (which is what Big E is referring to in his message because of tweets he has just replied to) - and i'd be seriously considering the same move if Bassini came in too.

I don't want my club to continue in the same vain as the last year or so under the same or similar regime with a severely corrupt owner, so wouldn't give that owner a penny.

That's not making an excuse for not going because the 'football is crap and we aren't spending money' because I have been during them times, I just have morals and principles and buying into a corrupt owner isn't on that list unfortunately.

I'd still love my club regardless, but my support wouldn't be from the terraces as it has been for the past 19 years.

Surely you would give Bassini time? 

2 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Surely you would give Bassini time? 

To be honest I'm completely on the fence at the moment.

Part of me wants to give him the two fingers because of his treatment of Watford, the comments of the Watford fans and his corrupt history, but then again everyone makes mistakes and deserves a second chance.. 

I'd need to be convinced by him and his actions at this stage to renew my ST - and i'd give him the chance to do that.

Fair?

1 minute ago, WestStandUpper said:

Part of me wants to give him the two fingers because of his treatment of Watford, the comments of the Watford fans and his corrupt history, but then again everyone makes mistakes and deserves a second chance.. 

I'd need to be convinced by him and his actions at this stage to renew my ST - and i'd give him the chance to do that.

Fair?

I don’t think anyone is really arsed about his comments on Watford

So long as the EFl scrutinise his finances and he has the dosh welcome aboard 

38 minutes ago, Big E said:

All this if if he takes over then I am done blah blah blah. Few wins and it’s all forgotten about

15 minutes ago, WestStandUpper said:

It was more about the final comment from E and the common consensus it’s another ready made excuse and response from the stayaways

no one else 

1 minute ago, DLH said:

@Howardroark are the EFL in on the share recall at all? I do a bit of M&A in the day job it’s not uncommon to involve certain stakeholders in discussions... may drag any decision on Bassini out

Yes they know but as the acquisition is of the debt they won’t comment until the share recall.

3 minutes ago, WestStandUpper said:

Fair?

same here. still very unsure though. and was very much against but suppose if he gets im  then he better turn good. cause dont think any of us deserve to go through this shit again. player staff and fans and lofty the lion. and marclles :lol: 

28 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

It was Malcolm you were responding to not me.

Fwiw this is what was reported in the Bolton News -

"Ms Stonefrost told the judge that since the last hearing sale agreement terms had been reached in respect of the shares.

However, she said further time was needed for due diligence and "gathering together of some funds to recapitalise the company and enable it to pay the money owed to HMRC and other creditors.

"At least seven days is needed to finalise the last bits to this deal," she added.

Ms Stonefrost pointed out to the judge that if the club, the major asset of the company, went into liquidation it would hugely affect the company's value.

One of the supporting creditors, Macron SPA, a sporting kit manufacturer, is owed around £290,000.

Its barrister told the judge today she was not instructed to object to the adjournment of up to 28 days for the sale of shares to proceed".

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/17547238.bolton-wanderers-potential-new-owner-present-as-club-live-to-fight-another-day-in-the-high-court/

But HMRC objected to any adjournment so why 4 weeks longer ? There must be a reason. 

8 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

I don’t think anyone is really arsed about his comments on Watford

So long as the EFl scrutinise his finances and he has the dosh welcome aboard 

See, the Watford scenario concerns me greatly.

Imagine if KA was about to take control of another club... we'd be warning them of him and his shambolic antics and leadership and i'd hope they would take it on board, just like the EFL should, which we all know are a complete waste of space.

Given his history and past, he and Ken shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a football club ever again.

Just like if I didn't pay my mortgage payments and my house got repossessed - would I realistically ever be able to purchase again for a long time? This shouldn't be any different. Not just a basic ban that expires after 2/3 years. 

13 minutes ago, WestStandUpper said:

Fair?

That's what a lot of people will be thinking, the new owners will need to put the right people in to get the fans on side that's probably why Williams and Richards were mentioned. A roll for big Sam would seal it though and he has been touting himself recently. 

Just now, WestStandUpper said:

See, the Watford scenario concerns me greatly.

Imagine if KA was about to take control of another club... we'd be warning them of him and his shambolic antics and leadership and i'd hope they would take it on board, just like the EFL should, which we all know are a complete waste of space.

Given his history and past, he and Ken shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a football club ever again.

Just like if I didn't pay my mortgage payments and my house got repossessed - would I realistically ever be able to purchase again for a long time? This shouldn't be any different. Not just a basic ban that expires after 2/3 years. 

But you could only warn them if the club was in the same state as Bolton when he took over which was a complete train wreck, I don't know but what state were Watford it when they got taken over

3 minutes ago, tyldesley_white said:

But you could only warn them if the club was in the same state as Bolton when he took over which was a complete train wreck, I don't know but what state were Watford it when they got taken over

We were in a mess yes, but are in a much worse position now after his 3 year tenure, both on and off the field.

I don't think any other club has had it as bad as we have, have they?

Ken the worst football club owner ever?

47 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

I think it’s as simple as whilst anyone’s better than liquidation, you can’t get much lower than Bassini 

The fact that he got declared bankrupt for £40k doesn’t fill you with confidence that he can take us forward. However as we know he isn’t fronting the money, some Thai folk are, but why use such a dick head? Fuck knows 

Anyway, it’s better than liquidation 

Howards lot sound better on paper of course 

But how does it sound better on paper when we know next to fuck all about it / then / what funds they have?

I’m happy to support them unequivocally if we have that info.

FTR I’m not sure Howard will/should tell us all of that, but in it’s absence it could be turkeys voting for Xmas 

8 minutes ago, Ani said:

But HMRC objected to any adjournment so why 4 weeks longer ? There must be a reason. 

Don't know I wasn't there and was only trying to help you out on something I wasn't even involved in the conversatiion, in the first place!

:D

Just a guess but maybe ALL the creditors have to agree to NO adjournment and Macron hadn't been instructed to do that - so judge allowed what he considered enough time to complete the sale accordingly?