Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

6 minutes ago, Boothy said:

Eh? I've never blamed him for anything. I don't read his stuff cos I generally think his coverage is poor.

Your previous Quote seemed to be a slight dig at him. To be fair this seems to be good info worked between him and Maguire.

• Site Supporter
Just now, L/H White said:

every fuckers on the take

we're fucked

it could be worse.

you could be gareth bale being paid 550k per week to sit on the bench at madrid, with the only escape being an offer to eat bugs in china for 1.2m week.

28 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

Just like to highlight and emphasise how accurate your prediction was about the trading loss and it just goes to show how knowledgeable and experienced you are at understanding accountancy and extrapolating information into future years.

There's plenty on here who told us on more than one occasion that nobody, other than those directly involved, would have any idea what future years accounts could possibly look like.

You proved them completely wrong.

You get a harsh (imo) deal on here from several who have taken against you, mainly because of your disdain of Iles comprehension of the facts (particularly financial ones), the behaviour of the ST, Holdsworth part in all this, etc - which I for one share - and how you refer to them - beeno, FIBS, etc.

Well you may not be the most popular poster on here but when it comes to your knowledge and understanding of the club over the last couple of years, then you seem to have few if any peers.

I for one thank you for enlightening us all to what has been happening financially at the club from your professional expertise gained over your lifetime and hope you continue to do so and I eagerly look forward to reading your future comments in due course.

Hope others would like to give well deserved credit to you also.

Woah woah haven’t since this level of arse kissing since someone would spit their brew out regularly in tears if anyone from Leigh posted😂

Joking aside he knows a fair but granted but it still doesn’t explain the missing year or the other odd stuff in there?

52 minutes ago, HomerJay said:

what were the 17/18 losses?

what were the 16/17 losses?

serious question btw

The accounts up to 30 June 2017 had already been published under Anderson

Accounts for 30 June 2018 are not shown, although Chris Custard believes they will be showing a small credit due to the Madine sale.

The Administrator in his report paragraph 3.3, page 6, states the position at 30th June 2019 indicates a £13.1m turnover and a loss of £4.2m - as per what CC was predicting.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

Accounts for 30 June 2018 are not shown, although Chris Custard believes they will be showing a small credit due to the Madine sale.

The Administrator in his report paragraph 3.3, page 6, states the position at 30th June 2019 indicates a £13.1m turnover and a loss of £4.2m - as per what CC was predicting.

is there an answer to my question in there?

kinell sluffster, you dont help yourself.

Edited by HomerJay

30 minutes ago, tomski said:

Your previous Quote seemed to be a slight dig at him. To be fair this seems to be good info worked between him and Maguire.

Yes, it was. But you've jumped the gun a tad if you think I apportion blame upon the Mighty Esteemed Local Journalist Marc Iles for the mess a Bolton.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, chrisw99 said:

Appendix 2A - they've already paid £10,381 for the production of season tickets.

Does this mean auto-renewal has already happened?

but i want to change my seat. the bloke behind is me is a proper nob.

ffs, inconsiderate wankers. megson out.

4 minutes ago, chrisw99 said:

Appendix 2A - they've already paid £10,381 for the production of season tickets.

Does this mean auto-renewal has already happened?

Means they’ve printed off some blank cards probably.

19 minutes ago, tomski said:

Woah woah haven’t since this level of arse kissing since someone would spit their brew out regularly in tears if anyone from Leigh posted😂

Joking aside he knows a fair but granted but it still doesn’t explain the missing year or the other odd stuff in there?

Our post crossed, I had just mentioned this missing year which Chris believed would show a small profit.

No doubt my previous post will be seen as arse kissing by the usual suspects but that should not detract that he clearly knows his stuff - and I noted that another poster on here that I greatly admire, refused to make even a stab at what the position would be - yet Chris nailed it almost exactly.

I'm not going to change anyone's fixed opinions on Chris but I did particularly want to raise the issue that whether you like his posting style/individual views or not, he certainly does know what he's talking about when it comes to accountancy and what financially probably went on at the club and why - and this in the main is contrary to the widely held social media/twitter belief that Anderson raped and pillaged the club and put it in the position it is now.

Credit to where credit is due.

Well done Chris and thank you.

Edited by Sluffy
Grammar errors

8 minutes ago, HomerJay said:

is there an answer to my question in there?

kinell sluffster, you dont help yourself.

Well pardon me for even bothering to try and help you.

2016/17 - £193.5m profit

2017/18 - not disclosed.

That answer your question more to your liking?

5 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

Which would indicate that we had £17.3m going out last season 

If we assume non salary outgoings stayed the same as in 2016 / 2017 = £9m. It would indicate that wages and salaries last season were £8.3m in total 

They would have needed to be roughly £4M to break even (if we were unable to get other costs down from £9m that is) 

Which would put us roughly into mid table League 1 territory. To be fair though, the standard of football that £8.3m got us was probably about mid table league 1 anyway 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/league-one/startseite/wettbewerb/GB3

Of course next season our income will fall another £5m which would wipe out any wage bill at all! 

Is it possible to reduce other outgoings below £9m a year to free up some room for wages without continuing to operate at a loss? Genuine question like, we need to find a longer term solution to surviving as a club without a wealthy backer 

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

Well pardon me for even bothering to try and help you.

2016/17 - £193.5m profit

2017/18 - not disclosed.

That answer your question more to your liking?

better...

although 16/17 is massively inflated due to the "debt write off" - how much was that?

51 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Nixon's at it again claiming the Eddie Davies lot haven't accepted the offer from FV for the club and are looking for a better deal....

I went to check the tweet and found out that I’ve now been blocked by Nixon overnight. What for I have no idea?! 😂

8 minutes ago, HomerJay said:

better...

although 16/17 is massively inflated due to the "debt write off" - how much was that?

I assume you are simply taking the piss now.

Look at the very next two posts after your original question - Kobeer has very kindly put up part of the Administrator's report showing exactly that!!!

(just shy of £200m to save you the bother).

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

I assume you are simply taking the piss now.

Look at the very next two posts after your original question - Kobeer has very kindly put up part of the Administrator's report showing exactly that!!!

(just shy of £200m to save you the bother).

hahhah, too easy.

love you

1 hour ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Nixon's at it again claiming the Eddie Davies lot haven't accepted the offer from FV for the club and are looking for a better deal....

Hope that's not the case, we will be fucked if it is EFL won't allow this to drag on any longer 

Whether KA was legally or morally justified in taking fees in 2018 is entirely different to McGuire's (vexatious) insinuation that that was the reason the accounts had not been filed.

In fact when KA 'took' a fee in 2017, not only was it disclosed in the accounts, he called a shareholders AGM where he might well have been asked to explain it. It was one of the most obvious questions and he must have expected it but no-one asked it.

One of the more interesting questions at the AGM was the position on the Middlebrook Master Plan. KA said there were four parties involved but no progress had been made. The only party he mentioned was the Council but two others would be the club and PBP. The fourth? Probably Emerson, I would have thought.

As for the morality of how much 'football people' take or make out of football we could talk about Lineker G, Taylor J, Allardyce S and Amos B to merely scratch the surface.

Edited by Chris Custodiet

I suspect Al has a bit of agenda on us at the moment. Whether he is fed up with the abuse he gets or the fudson account he seems to say everyone is leaving and football violence have no money a lot since the fudson account.

Wjat I don’t understand is what he gets out of being the Bolton sun reporter if you like?